Connecting to UGC failed

Johnytomm

It’s about finding a time they’re working. Somebody got them last night so we know they’re not down. I managed to connect today and managed to search for a map. Started playing it then got disconnected. So it’s possible just got to find that golden time. 

58 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Is it worth starting the game now? Maybe I should pass on it and Festival of Blood.

If you don't care for completion, go for it. I did FoB recently without issues and was kinda hoping to do infamous 2 soon after infamous 1, but never picked them up.

I'd like to think that it being a first party title Sony would at least give some notice as they did in other titles, so let's hope its not intended and that it'll be fixed soon.

• Like 2

Having done these last month I can tell you, the servers are very fickle. They work one day and the next they fail to establish a connection.

For Festival of Blood, if you have 4 hours free you can easily get the game done to 100%. Because the UGC is in the middle of the Story, it is best to just muscle through it and do the whole game.

For inFamous 2, the UGC can take about 2 - 3 hours given how annoying the missions are. I’ve lost count on which I’ve played and some are way too far out of reach given that I only had the first map unlocked. These UGC missions unlock early on in the game within the 10 mission mark. 

If you are worried about starting this and getting screwed over, simply be ready to delete your account to void the trophies. If you don’t care, you can just play through it. 

P.S. If you have a JP account you are unable to get the FoB UGC missions, as the servers have shutdown and are no longer available. This is based on your account’s region and not game.

1 hour ago, MrRogersSweaters said:

I've reached out to Sucker Punch on twitter multiple times since last Tuesday to no response.  With everyone else mentioning they contacted them as well, seems like Sucker Punch is just content to ignore us.  I don't quite want to call shenanigans on the people who have been earning them the last few days, but each trophy had multiple earners a day until recently now it's just 1 person every couple days. Seems suspicious

As someone who has earned the infamous 2 UGC trophies recently I can tell you for certain there is no shenanigans. 

People aren't cheating to unlock these if that's what your implying. 

I actually obtained them the first time trying without any issue. 

I live in Australia so that may be due to the servers being quiet when I tried. 

Haven't tried Fob yet. 

Edited by AIDA_Tri-Edge

2 hours ago, MrRogersSweaters said:

Just mentioned how it's kind of funny that upwards of 7 people a day sometimes are getting these trophies up until about the 21st, then its only 1 person every couple days but sure nothing weird going on there.  You got the trophy on the 20th, same day as Biokam who posted a couple days later that he was having problems and hasn't gotten in since, which kicked off this whole thing of everyone commenting saying they can't get in. Are you being obtuse on purpose are just that stupid? I already claimed the servers were still up that day since Biokam got his trophies after you did, and it seems pretty obvious to everyone here but you that the problem started happening on either the 21st or 22nd, a day or two after you got the trophy. Understand now idiot? Why don't you take a few hours and try running through FoB and get back to us, then maybe you'll have something worth saying.

Wiper is a friend of mine and I can assure you he got the trophies legitimate. The server is not down, it’s just incredibly unstable. You just need to keep trying and get that small golden window of opportunity that it’s stable enough to stay connected. I know for a fact this is true because I managed to search for a ugc map and play it. Only to be disconnected not long after. 

Can confirm for anyone wondering that it is in fact possible to still get these online trophies, Managed to get all 4 of them starting from a fresh game with minimal problems.

Creating a new level and playing recent levels worked fine; only issue when playing the 25 levels is that accessing the next level would sometimes fail, meaning that I would just have to search again. No other problems though.

To anyone assuming that there's something strange going on with people earning these trophies, I'll attach a photo of me earning the last trophy with the previous forum post in frame to prove that it's recent. Anyone still having issues check if it's a problem on your end, or see if your regions servers have been affected. That's all I have to say on the issue.

hGGNe3V.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, VaR0_XxTh3b said:

Just a quick question. Has someone gotten the trophies with the Ps Now game? Because I keep getting disconnected. I'll keep trying these days hoping to do it sooner than later.

I got them using the ps now version so it is possible

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I don't know why, but I've never had an issue with the servers. I can always connect online without any issue, remain connected, play UGC missions, do searches, create missions. Everything. For both infamous 2 and Festival of Blood.

Just so you know, my setup is as follows: I live in Spain, using a US PSN account, and both infamous 2 and FoB are digital. I never played the games until the date that shows with the first trophy unlocked for infamous 2 (I think it's june 21st).

Right now (23:01 GMT+2) I'm connected.image0.jpg

Edited by Wip3r_U
  • Like 2

Last night I was able to complete about 5 UGC missions in FoB before I got disconnected and couldn't reconnect. 

As has been stated plenty of times the servers are still active, just very unstable. 

Simply need to continue trying at different times until you get lucky. 

No "shenanigans", just luck. 

Good to see reports of people still able to connect to both infamous 2 and FoB. 

Edited by DaivRules