Connecting to UGC failed

Johnytomm

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

They're not tagged in the guide, but they're described in Stage 3 in the guide and are online dependant.

UGC is User Generated Content, levels players have designed. You need to be online to access them for 4 of the trophies:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/887-infamous-2/49-level-up

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/887-infamous-2/50-ugc-curious

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/887-infamous-2/51-ugc-veteran

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/887-infamous-2/52-trail-blazer

Are they hard ? Because  i don’t like online trophies and y’all said the Server It’s not stable so what do u think i want ur advice?

5 minutes ago, myx2 said:

Are they hard ? Because  i don’t like online trophies and y’all said the Server It’s not stable so what do u think i want ur advice?

No, people have created 1 second levels that you can play to get all of the UGC trophies within 20-30 min. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, myx2 said:

As said above, people make easy levels. Generally, you can search for the trophy names or type the word “trophy” in the search when you can access UGC and you’ll find them easily. When the servers are up, that is. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI to everyone playing InFamous FOB, or InFamous 2, that the UGC (user generated content) servers are online and working as of this morning on 08/19/2021.

If you have not completed these online trophies I recommend you do them ASAP due to the servers instability/log in issues.

if you have these games in your backlog, it's highly recommended you crack them out and get the trophies now.  

• For Festival of Blood you have to beat the end boss to unlock "Online Mode", takes roughly 4 to 8 hours based on your playstyle/skill.
  • For InFamous 2 it's right after the mission "Karma is a Bitch" which I think is the 6th mission, roughly 4 hours to get to from the beginning based on your playstyle/skill.

Cross Posted to InFamous 2 Forum so that people playing that know, and I've updated my PSN Profile so that you can see the trophies have popped.

-----------

* I forgot to sync these trophies at the office, yet I also wanted to note that I got the complete "10 UGC" before I got the 5 UGC trophy, as the 5 is for New UGC Levels, I found that odd as I was trying to use that filter.  It could be user error, or it could just be the game acting strange.  Just make sure between each mission for the Trailblazer 5 UGC Trophy you make sure that the Filter is on New Levels.

Edited by LegendExeter
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think it’s very unstable I could connect to the servers yesterday plus we have last earners for the trophy today September 9/21 . 

If you can’t connect to the servers by your router try hotspot since my problem was solved in Need for speed shift 2 had an an issue with my router to connect but not hotspot.

Edited by Hysteria
  • Like 1

Nice ? happy hunting .

48 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

WTF, I am literally going to start the game today and I plan on getting the trophies either today or tomorrow at most, I hope I won't be screwed

My advice to you give it one shot & be fast , but hey ! Don’t stress yourself out take a rest & continue for the last shot , since the game is very short .

Edited by Hysteria
  • Like 1

For anyone new here, the UGC servers go up and down every few months and always get fixed without action from the community. That being said, these could get shut down at any time with ZERO notice. If you are reading this now, it is time to spend an hour or two and get these finished for Infamous 2 and Festival of Blood. What are you waiting for? GO!

This is an old game now. Sucker Punch doesn't seem to care for their old games much anymore, as a matter of fact it looks like they have practically put the inFamous franchise on hiatus, seeing that Ghost of Tsushima has gotten much success and praise.

Always do the online first for these PS3 games, because nothing is safe on that system at this point. I have one more game on the PS3 that I'm going to boost, and then that will practically be it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is an old game now. Sucker Punch doesn't seem to care for their old games much anymore, as a matter of fact it looks like they have practically put the inFamous franchise on hiatus, seeing that Ghost of Tsushima has gotten much success and praise.

Always do the online first for these PS3 games, because nothing is safe on that system at this point. I have one more game on the PS3 that I'm going to boost, and then that will practically be it.

Yeah I do that as well.  I got the online trophies a month ago, and as of yesterday the servers will still working.  I actually was wondering how I could turn the UGC off, as it creates all those green nodes all over the map for UGC missions and since I've already done the trophies I don't need to see them anymore.

I just deal with it for now, unless some work comes up I will be playing in a little bit, yet they were online and stable in the morning and afternoon yesterday as I had InFamous 2 on twice.

I would recommend playing 2 before FoB, yet it might not matter, its just the EULA for InF2 is longer so might be more important than just FoB's.

Just got all the online Trophies and I experienced no issues. They were kinda hard and annoying at first, but luckily I eventually found some extremely easy missions so I just grinded them.

I recommend that the Trophy Guide is edited and clearly mentions that there are online Trophies, some newest players may read it quickly and believe there are none of them after they notice that no Trophy has the "Online" tag on it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leonhardyhardy said:

I cant confirm if they are down which is why I asked if anyone has connected recently. It seems possible they are still very unstable. I've still not had any luck connecting yet though.

Maybe ur connection is bad.

3 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Just got all the online Trophies and I experienced no issues. They were kinda hard and annoying at first, but luckily I eventually found some extremely easy missions so I just grinded them.

I recommend that the Trophy Guide is edited and clearly mentions that there are online Trophies, some newest players may read it quickly and believe there are none of them after they notice that no Trophy has the "Online" tag on it.

That's a very good recommendation, which actually surprised me that it wasn't already there.

• Like 1

Would strongly advise anyone to get these online trophies done asap. PS3 games servers are going offline at an alarming pace. Today all little big planet PS3 games. Fuse from insomniac (now PlayStation studio, EA saying server closure was decision by insomniac.) in June. I think Sony first party PS3 games are on their last days very few running now. Got these done today, I didn't have any issues but could go down anytime for good.

Edited by nathanmoore777

38 minutes ago, nathanmoore777 said:

PS3 games servers are going offline at an alarming pace. Today all little big planet PS3 games. Fuse from insomniac (now PlayStation studio, EA saying server closure was decision by insomniac.) in June. I think Sony first party PS3 games are on their last days very few running now. Got these done today, I didn't have any issues but could go down anytime for good.

Other PS3 servers are getting taken down by hackers like the LBP servers? 

• Like 1

On 09/09/2021 at 2:15 PM, LegendExeter said:

I actually was wondering how I could turn the UGC off, as it creates all those green nodes all over the map for UGC missions and since I've already done the trophies I don't need to see them anymore.

There's definitely a way to do this. I can't remember exactly how, but have a look at the filtering options. I think I set it to only show my created levels or to only show levels I'd added to a queue/saved.

• Like 3