The game is unplayable now

Yesterday I played about 50 matches as mastermind. 99% of survivors are speedruning. I can't even win a match as Alex lol. She's weak as hell.

There are not many scripts in the game. You can learn them all so playing the game lost sense for me. The game is pretty unbalanced. Daniel with his Tyrant is solid strong but Alex and Spencer are total b*llshit. After release of game playing was fun because survivors didn't knew the routes. Now they learned and speedruning all levels. That's my reflection. Sorry for my english.

Are someone agree with me?

You have to play assuming they know what they're doing. If they don't you should be able to figure it who doesn't so you can try targeting them especially.

Alex is considered the weakest Mastermind at the moment so not being able to effectively win with her isn't much evidence of anything. She was actually the strongest Mastermind for a period of time when Instant Explosions meant at the minimum massive time loss and at worst instant victory (doing it myself I literally took a team down to minus whatever the hell 20 seconds into a game). She has a new build going around which might make her more viable, we'll see. One thing that I've seen that bothers many people when they play Alex is the fact that her Bioweapon is... poor, to put it lightly. At times you can trap people against a wall and get an advantage, but often a tiny bit of room is left open and they just run away and now you just have a useless plant on the map (the fix to this would be to allow it to stay active under AI control when you're on the camera, meaning you can use it as a sort of turret while spawning other things around it).

Spencer is actually the strongest Mastermind mate so if you're getting smashed as him then you'll need to figure out based off others play what you're doing wrong. His ultimate when you get it down is a free down. His energy gain is the best by far though certain areas can be poor for him and you know what you talked about? Knowing the maps, placements, so forth... well there you go. Do you know where the lights are in each map (doors are obvious). There you go. I've seen some players flip through cameras at a rapid pace and use light after light so they can top up their energy massively every now and then. 

• Like 2

Disagree with OP. That's not my current experience anyway.

I play roughly 4 or 5 matches a night (usually as a survivor), and I'm lucky if I get 1 escape. I think the balance is reasonable at the moment. It just depends what rank the survivors are compare to the mastermind.

You can usually tell from that who is likely to win the match. If I see 4 survivors ranked above 20 go against a rank 5 MM, my money is on the survivors. Conversely, if a rank 44 Daniel gets put against ppl all ranked below 20, I predict a bloodbath.

Then you've got all the combinations inbetween..

Edited by JPageMartin36

When attempting to get the platinum, i encountered the same problem. If you're faced to a team of skillful and teamwork-spirit survivors, you have just little chance to win the match, not to get the trophies.

They know exactly what to do and how to do. Dodge your Tyrant, William or Flower as they are some toys. Shoot your camera, shoot your traps, ignore the zombies, buy a torch to slaughter your lickers, etc. At some time i felt desperate.

I don't know Capcom will add the dlc trophies or not. But to be honest, i hope they would only be Survivor trophies, or Nicholai has a powerful Nemesis.

12 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Daniel's Mr X is useless. To out play him, all you do is walk in and out of a room and while he's in the animation of moving to a different room, you walk into the room he just left. Rinse and repeat.

Agreed hes just like he was in re2 completely avoidable.  William though is a far better summon.

10 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Daniel's Mr X is useless. To out play him, all you do is walk in and out of a room and while he's in the animation of moving to a different room, you walk into the room he just left. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah, you're right. Mr.X has a shorter reach with his attacks in comparison with William as well. But I've had moments where I've trapped survivors in a room and downed all four, but that's only if you get really lucky and the survivors don't stun your ultimate.

Edited by CashewHunter

32 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Is the game anyway boostable?

Nope.

I just got the plat, it's not that difficult outside of a few trophies. I had a lot of fun with it.. I'm going to continue playing the game as long as they continue support it

Edited by ClintonLS90
  • Like 2

On 05/05/2020 at 4:49 AM, stormblast1990 said:

Yesterday I played about 50 matches as mastermind. 99% of survivors are speedruning. I can't even win a match as Alex lol. She's weak as hell.

There are not many scripts in the game. You can learn them all so playing the game lost sense for me. The game is pretty unbalanced. Daniel with his Tyrant is solid strong but Alex and Spencer are total b*llshit. After release of game playing was fun because survivors didn't knew the routes. Now they learned and speedruning all levels. That's my reflection. Sorry for my english.

Are someone agree with me?

well, with me and many others here.  The biggest problem is not my rank.  but the connection.  It does not matter if I have a fucking good internet, if the mastermind (my enemy) is from another continent resulting in a garbage game where I will not cause damage to any creature, being unable to catch intens or worse, not being able to interact with the scenario.  And if I survive all of that, just fall into scenario three.  Capcom or whoever is responsible for these servers MUST fix this as soon as possible.  already about your problem as a mastermind.  I suggest that you practice more in training mode and play more like survivors, because if you know the characters and maps you will finally stop to be a crybaby.  thank you

Edited by La-sombras
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I love the game & don't want to criticise it, the introduction of Nicholai has completely broken the balancing which is why for most Survivor teams it's just Nicholai after Nicholai every game.

This is just a single of example of how broken strong Nicholai is & is something that happened to me yesterday in a game:

I was playing Sam as both my dailies were melee oriented. Sam has a base HP of 1300. I also have him equipped with all 3 gear items to boost his max hp & have a yellow herb effect running as much as possible. Despite the fact I had all that & my Fever skill active with the immortality ability on which is constant healty regen, Nicholai was still able to down me in 2 shots, granted 1 of them must have been a headshot as it took off over 2/3 of my health with a single bullet but that's besides the point. 

Had that of been a Becca or Martin or even possibly Jan/Valerie without any buffs or HP boosts, chances are that 1 shot would have been an instant down. No Mastermind should be that powerful outside of their Bioweapon even if they are using damage boosting gear.

I think the issues of Nikolai existed already in Spencer. The difference with both is Spencer requires you to flip around cameras gathering energy, his ultimate requires precise placing which many people struggle with and even then often just takes down one person and it can be hard to keep on the pressure to keep that person down. Lets not forget also that Spencer gets weakened in Area 3 and his area cards aren't great (his area 2 card now hurts him, no area 2 card would be better). So in essence you have to put more effort into having a strong Spencer than you do a strong Nikolai, who might have worse energy gain than Spencer but has better damage and ammo on his guns.

Nikolai being easier to play just makes the issue that already existed more pronounced as more people can be good playing Nikolai than they can be being Spencer.

I only play survivor for dailies and yeah. Most run ins with Nikolai tend to be a loss. Doesn't really matter how good I play if he has shot one or two players to pieces.