is the platinum obtainable ?

Kurty9

Hello there,

I see that, at the moment, there are a couple of trophies in this game - including, of course, the plat - that nobody has obtained :

Auctioneer
Sell items worth 100000 funds

This belongs in a museum
Donate items worth 100000 fame

Dedicated Explorer
Obtain 19 golden frames

Obsessive Explorer
Obtain 19 platinum frames

A collector of sorts
Find all items

All these trophies sound pretty grindy, but I just wanted to know - if anyone has played the game and knows about them - if noone obtained them because they take a long time to get (very grindy) or because they're glitched.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer that question. The game seems pretty fun and interesting, but if the trophies are glitched, I definitely won't buy it until they patch the game...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, det_gittes said:

@Eternal21 I hope this game won't add another unobtainable plat to your impressive collection of trophies! I actually came across your profile when playing Trials Fusion (great job on the guide and a lot of useful info) and today I stumbled upon this game and noticed your name again ;)

Thanks.  It's like getting a dent on a brand new car.  Only the first one hurts.  After that you don't care as much.  Congrats on Trials Fusion Plat by the way.  That one takes skill and dedication.

Edited by Eternal21
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12.07.2020 at 7:14 PM, Eternal21 said:

I have just found all the items and  obtained the 'A Collector of Sorts' trophy, so can confirm it's not glitched.  I also see that the cash/fame trophies are extremely grindy.  Despite playing for 30 hours or so, I'm only 20% done with those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpJMLJegwfs

Wow, you've topped the leaderboard for this game, good job! Do you think the other trophies are obtainable, just take an insane amount of time? I'm only asking out of curiosity as I don't even own the game but - as I said in the previous post - I hope you'll be able to finish it (and you'd be the first and only one, that'd be a nice touch, too :)). In fact, is this game actually enjoyable?

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:54 AM, det_gittes said:

Wow, you've topped the leaderboard for this game, good job! Do you think the other trophies are obtainable, just take an insane amount of time? I'm only asking out of curiosity as I don't even own the game but - as I said in the previous post - I hope you'll be able to finish it (and you'd be the first and only one, that'd be a nice touch, too :)). In fact, is this game actually enjoyable?

Yes, so far no glitched trophies, 2 really grindy ones, and 1 that takes a crapload of save scumming (winning the game on hardest difficulty with 19 different characters).  It's probably going to be another month before I wrap it up.  I would not recommend the game.  I've had fun initially but the 3 trophies are just too grindy.  Over 100 hours for a game like this is way too much.  Should've been a quarter of that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally wrapped up 19 wins on the highest difficulty trophy.  Tips:

1. Beat the first map by saving on start, then revealing the whole map, then restarting from your save, so you know the route to take.

2. The route should always be: ship - village - shrines - pyramid - ship.

3. Getting through the first map is the hardest.  After that keep reloading until you get a Tent from the shop.  With the tent you no longer need to worry about ever buying food again, or sanity, because you can just spam camp as long as you are above 30% health, you won't get any negative side effects.

4. For the perks between maps, I keep reloading to get: Anthropology, Heavy Carrier, Gun Expert.

5. I always pick Dry Lands when available, and try to get one with a temple.

6. Keep reloading temples to get Inhuman Strength to get +2 carry slots.

7. After you get a tent, after the next map keep reloading to get a gun, preferably a rifle, as it does 14 dmg with 2 eyes.

8. Secrets explorers count towards the trophy, so you may want to give them a try.  I used 9137.  I skipped the explorer that can't upgrade humans, and that can't use weapons.

9. Artists are the best source of blue dice.  I upgrade them to level 3 first to get massive fame boost.

10. If you save scum whenever something bad happens, you will have 3000 fame by the time you finish map 4, and can just skip map 5 & 6 (the highest I've ever seen AI score is 3150, most of the time they score below 3K).

11. Always mount your animal (with a square button), it lowers base sanity cost for each leg of the trip.

12. You don't need to win any of the expeditions, as long as you collect every single treasure on the map.

Efgf6c3X0AAbiOM?format=jpg&name=4096x409

At this point I'm at 70% fame and 50% funds trophy progress.

Edited by Eternal21
  • Like 3

On 18/8/2020 at 3:46 AM, Eternal21 said:

And after 6 weeks I've finally got it.  The fastest way to grind for fame and funds is replaying the first expedition over and over on easiest difficulty.

Spoiler

EfqpphnX0AUJACA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Congratulations! Length/difficulty of plat (approximately)?

Edited by gafpiratehook
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gafpiratehook said:

Congratulations! Length/difficulty of plat (approximately)?

If I were to speed run now:

19 platinum frames trophy (beating the game on hardest difficulty): ~2 hours per frame (due to all the reloads) = ~40 hours. 

Misc trophies: ~25 hours

Fame trophy: ~4 hour grind

Cash trophy: ~6 hour grind

So about 75 hours.  But for someone starting with no knowledge of the game, add another 25 hour or so, meaning 100+ hours total.

As far as difficulty, the fact that you can restart the game at any time, to get back to previous auto-save, brings down the difficulty from impossible to easy.  Something bad happens?  Close the game, and start again until you get the outcome you want.  It's very tedious, but easy.  Same goes for all the luck based trophies (like finding special items etc.).  Just get to the location where the item has the possibility to spawn, and then keep reloading until it happens (it may take up to half an hour to get lucky sometimes, but better that than predefined seeds).

Edited by Eternal21
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Eternal21 said:

If I were to speed run now:

19 platinum frames trophy (beating the game on hardest difficulty): ~2 hours per frame (due to all the reloads) = ~40 hours. 

Misc trophies: ~25 hours

Fame trophy: ~4 hour grind

Cash trophy: ~6 hour grind

So about 75 hours.  But for someone starting with no knowledge of the game, add another 25 hour or so, meaning 100+ hours total.

As far as difficulty, the fact that you can restart the game at any time, to get back to previous auto-save, brings down the difficulty from impossible to easy.  Something bad happens?  Close the game, and start again until you get the outcome you want.  It's very tedious, but easy.  Same goes for all the luck based trophies (like finding special items etc.).  Just get to the location where the item has the possibility to spawn, and then keep reloading until it happens (it may take up to half an hour to get lucky sometimes, but better that than predefined seeds).

Got it, thanks ?

• 2 months later...

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post) but how have people gone about getting the Blood Crown? 

I'm only missing the Blood Crown and Yeti Paw for the 'all items' trophy. 

Not sure if it's purely RNG based or whether I need to start playing on the hardest difficulty, but wanted to see how people have gone about it, since I've been getting conflicting guides online. 

57 minutes ago, Nooby_Cake said:

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post) but how have people gone about getting the Blood Crown? 

I'm only missing the Blood Crown and Yeti Paw for the 'all items' trophy. 

Not sure if it's purely RNG based or whether I need to start playing on the hardest difficulty, but wanted to see how people have gone about it, since I've been getting conflicting guides online. 

You can play on easy difficulty.  For Yeti, find a cave on ice map in world 2 or higher, save, and then just keep reloading until you get one.  Similar with the crown.  Save before entering corrupted den, and keep reloading until it transports you to the corrupted world.

Edited by Eternal21

Eventually after looting a shrine the corrupted spider den event will start. 

Just keep fighting the spider dens (reload your save) until you end up on the corrupted world there should be a shrine or altar where you can find the crown. 

I am missing the yeti paws too, I am not sure if the yeti only spawns in "special artic regions" like white tigers. 

Another question: I tried to get Dion Fortune by "abandon everything" multiple times. I played until 4th, 5th, 6th expedition, had a standing of 8+, but had no luck so far. Am I missing something? 

Would be nice if someone could give me a hint. 

Edited by Messknecht

1 hour ago, Messknecht said:

Eventually after looting a shrine the corrupted spider den event will start. 

Just keep fighting the spider dens (reload your save) until you end up on the corrupted world there should be a shrine or altar where you can find the crown. 

I am missing the yeti paws too, I am not sure if the yeti only spawns in "special artic regions" like white tigers. 

Another question: I tried to get Dion Fortune by "abandon everything" multiple times. I played until 4th, 5th, 6th expedition, had a standing of 8+, but had no luck so far. Am I missing something? 

Would be nice if someone could give me a hint. 

You don't need special world for Yeti, just keep reloading.  For 'Abandon Everything' have you tried doing it on Medium instead of Easy?  If that doesn't work, try with an explorer that has Polyglot perk.

1 minute ago, Eternal21 said:

You don't need special world for Yeti, just keep reloading.  For 'Abandon Everything' have you tried doing it on Medium instead of Easy?  If that doesn't work, try with an explorer that has Polyglot perk.

Thanks for your response, 

Yes tried both and combined. 

I'll try harder ?

2 hours ago, Messknecht said:

Thanks for your response, 

Yes tried both and combined. 

I'll try harder 1f601.png

Try playing on medium, with Polyglot perk, and get to world 5 or 6.  Save before entering the village, and then just keep reloading until you get the event.

On 21.10.2020 at 3:45 PM, Eternal21 said:

Try playing on medium, with Polyglot perk, and get to world 5 or 6.  Save before entering the village, and then just keep reloading until you get the event.

Got it. 

I thought it would be triggered the first time I enter and rest in the village. That way I restarted and loaded my game again and again without any success. 

In fact, I got a standing of 10 rested 3 times in a row and got it with my first try this time.

If anybody is facing issues, that's what I did:

Like I said started my adempt with a standing of 10, medium difficulty, Polyglot perk and 5. Expedition. It was a standard jungle village/biome. 

I finished  my previous expeditions with a negative standing and also lost some of my crewmembers in a previous expedition. Just as a basic information that finishing with a bad standing obviously doesn't make the event impossible to trigger. 

I also got the Yeti Paws. ?

thank you @Eternal21

• 1 year later...

as far as I remember you can get it from a native in your group that dies after a wound was infected and not treated. he/she will give you an amulet and the quest to return it to his/her family in the village. 

btw. congratulations to your progression  in this great, grindy game 

Edited by Messknecht
  • Like 1