Is this worth getting?

Simpo

I've been considering picking this up after recently getting an urge to play some C&C games.

How does the PS3 version compare to the PC, I'm just thinking of getting the PS3 version to pick up the odd trophy along the way. Also is the MP still fairly active?

I played the game a long ways back and from what I recall it was actually really fun on console. RTS games are still the only genre that I prefer a mouse/keyboard for but this game worked pretty good on the DualShock 3. There used to be a demo in the US store, I'm not sure if it is still there. 

Parker

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes EA did a relly good job. The UI ist easy to use with the Controller.

MUCH better than in TiberiumWars or KanesWrath.

But there are two things:

First: There is a unitlimit of 50. As the Empire you CANT build cores while you are at 50/50.Gatherer also count as unit.

Second: The graphics is like ultra on PC, just without bloom. But I think its to much for the PS3 because from feeling you have around 25fps and they drop really hard in combat.

If you are playing for achievements, you NEED a boosting Partner.

Because you must playe all campaigns in cooperative and there are 10 Trophies for ranked matches. (Just open a QuickMatch. Tell your buddy you are ready, then he/she use QuickMatch too and you should be both in the same room). Got this 10 Trophies today oder yesterday (Timezone-Joke, ha!) we dont met other players.

Edited by Simulacrum_AT

• 4 months later...

If anyone is still debating whether to buy RA3, then I would suggest that you do.  It has a pretty steep learning curve, as there are so many options available to the player - in fact, RA3's greatest weakness is perhaps that all these options may overwhelm a player who is new to the series.  But once you learn the control scheme and begin to understand the strengths, weaknesses and abilities of each unit, you can find yourself having a great deal of fun with the game.  Since it's a strategy game, odds are that you'll never play two identical matches, so you always need to be on your toes and trying to anticipate what the AI might throw at you.  The campaign is very difficult in places, so ideally you want a co-op partner to help you through it on the Hard difficulty, as your AI partner can't always be relied on.  The live-action acting is pretty cheesy and tongue-in-cheek in places, but then Command & Conquer games have never taken themselves too seriously.

If you like your strategy games, you'll most likely have a great deal of fun with this.  Just remember, though - it's hard. :P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...