Who Lives For Trophy Thoughts Under The Sea?

12 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Nice trophy images and solid tasks, but there's too many separate golden spatula trophies, especially as golds. Also hope the collectibles aren't too troublesome to find, though. That said, whoever typed the descriptions for the trophies deserves a round of applause for going the extra mile with specification that you don't see with a lot of other trophy lists.

I agree on the trophy images too. Although there is quite a few on spatulas, hopefully it won't be too hard to do all of them. At least the collectible trophies tell you how many of each there are.

14 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I see the title... now that song is in my head.

I’m getting this game, it looks fun. I bet its a fun plat too.

Haha, I had to think of something a bit more unique than "Trophy Thoughts?" - So that's what I came up with xD 

I'm getting it myself, mostly cos I enjoyed the Spongebob games on PS2, my childhood memories are coming back! 

• Like 1

I'm disappointed by how easy this list is, I was honestly hoping for some more creative stuff than just "talk to Squidward, defeat one of every robot, and get 100 spatulas".

For those who don't know, the spatulas are the in-game completion meter. Getting 50 spatulas means you completed 50% of the game; getting 100 spatulas means you completed 100% of the game. Everything is geared towards earning those spatulas. A LOT of these trophies are unmissable because you need at least 75 spatulas to even fight the final boss at all.

Definitely love the trophy art and I'm absolutely aiming for the Platinum, because I'm a huge fan of this game, so much so that I pre-ordered the priciest edition. I was just hoping for some creative challenges that utilized more than just story-based trophies.

• Like 4

This will be a very simple platinum.  It seems that none of the new content needs to be done and seems like a direct rip of the ps2 version. If you have played this before this will be a no longer then a 10 hour plat, speedrunners can do this in 5. If you have never played it I would say 15, however with many guides for the original game on the internet and youtube already I believe anyone will be able to get this done quickly. 

I really surprised that the new multiplayer/co-op mode doesn't need to be played or the new boss battle for the plat. It will be fun to plat yes, especially for old fans, but it will be very short-lived just like the original game.

• Like 2

Looks like a simple and straightforward list

It's been years since I've played the original but if I recall there isn't anything missable as you can play after you beat the story

I just hope they fix the game-breaking glitch where you can't find all of Patrick's socks as they disappear randomly, not sure if that happened to anyone else

Now to wait until it's available for preorder digitally 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

No online trophies from the looks of it. Collectibles can be annoying, but there will likely be guides for those quickly.

Considering the game is a 1:1 remaster I'm sure you could use a guide from the original game. Also, the great majority of collectibes can be found by exploring the level as you beat it.

• Like 1

This is the perfect trophy list! 100% game completion = Platinum

No multiplayer bullshit or unnecessary grindy trophies like driving around for 3 hours. Wish we saw more trophy lists like this.

4 hours ago, KTILLA23 said:

This will be a very simple platinum.  It seems that none of the new content needs to be done and seems like a direct rip of the ps2 version. If you have played this before this will be a no longer then a 10 hour plat, speedrunners can do this in 5. If you have never played it I would say 15, however with many guides for the original game on the internet and youtube already I believe anyone will be able to get this done quickly. 

I really surprised that the new multiplayer/co-op mode doesn't need to be played or the new boss battle for the plat. It will be fun to plat yes, especially for old fans, but it will be very short-lived just like the original game.

Speedrunners can 100% in under 2 hours :P

Also absolutely love the speedruning community for this game, its possible the remakes may not have existed without them.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

No multiplayer bullshit or unnecessary grindy trophies like driving around for 3 hours. Wish we saw more trophy lists like this.

100% agree on this :D  At least we'd actually have to finish the game

48 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

This kind of trophy list works for this type of game. There are a-a lot of games out there that tying 100% to platinum would be insane, and I mean that word to its full literal capacity.

Yes, I am aware of Shifts speed run times but most speedrunners don't have it as perfected as Shift does. And a lot of the glitches and skips will most likely not work in this ps4 version because it's built from the ground up. So it's why I rounded it up to five hours. Still incredible that the game can be done 100 % in under an hour and a half.  @aZombieDictator

Edited by KTILLA23
  • Like 2