Who Lives For Trophy Thoughts Under The Sea?

I've played the game back when I was a kid so I got a pretty good idea about it.

3/10 difficulty MAX. The game is pretty easy & basically just a collectathon similar to Super Mario 64 but a lot easier.

I'd say around 25-30 hours to platinum it since the game isn't that long but you see need to 100% it. Could be shorter, like 15 hours if you skipped every cutscene & knew exactly where everything was already.

Also will only require 1 playthrough as from what I recall as a kid, nothing is missable

I've seen at least one person play this and I think the only area that might prove annoying could be Sand Mountain I think it's called, going down the different courses in a particular time could take a few times, since I think people like Larry and Mrs. Puff want to doing it certain times for a Spatula each.

But I've not played the original myself, but wanted to (I've played the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie one though).  But yeah, this still look like it'll be a fun time for sure.

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

This kind of trophy list works for this type of game. There are a-a lot of games out there that tying 100% to platinum would be insane, and I mean that word to its full literal capacity.

In my eyes a Platinum trophy should be the penultimate reward for doing everything in the game. But so many developers wanna just give you the Platinum for playing 5% of the game or only getting half the collectibles.

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

In my eyes a Platinum trophy should be the penultimate reward for doing everything in the game.

But so many developers wanna just give you the Platinum for playing 5% of the game or only getting half the collectibles.

I'm 100% sure you either don't fully believe that or haven't put that much thought into it. If games had those requirements, especially certain ones that are already ridiculous even while not requiring one to get or do everything, platinum hunting would always be a horrible and frustrating chore. Some of these games have items in the multi-hundreds, and that's not even factoring in every kind of task there is to do in a game. Additionally, some collectibles and items in games are tied to extreme grinds, including but obviously not limited to those in shops that require an absurd amount of money to purchase everything. Not to mention some of these games don't have chapter/level/episode select, in-game counters, etc. You probably wouldn't even have half the platinums you have now if it were that way. 

That's an exaggeration. Some collectibles in game aren't as important as others, which is why in some cases only some collectibles count while others don't. Every collectible/item as well as tasks in games seriously does not need a trophy attached to it.

14 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I've seen at least one person play this and I think the only area that might prove annoying could be Sand Mountain I think it's called, going down the different courses in a particular time could take a few times, since I think people like Larry and Mrs. Puff want to doing it certain times for a Spatula each.

But I've not played the original myself, but wanted to (I've played the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie one though).  But yeah, this still look like it'll be a fun time for sure.

Don't worry about sand mountain, it's not very difficult. There is a slide in the kelp forest level with a time challenge which is by far the hardest imo. But it's nothing you can't manage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...