Hard mode S rank scores

PsychoReaper

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

Of course it's the combos. Each star gives you 500 points, while each full health bar is 2000. It's recommended to use a Star move rather lose some health. Plus, if you can make a section using a Star and not taking damage, if you grab a Chicken you get 1000 points, which corresponds to 2 star moves ;)

You have to get some good combos (at the start of each stage) and then survive. This is enough to get an S Rank.

The stars only give 250, not 500.

1 hour ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

The stars only give 250, not 500.

No, each star gives you 500 points on Hard Mode. It gives you 250 on Easy (and maybe Normal) Difficulty.

Check the video I left in a previous post of Stage 4 and skip it to the end. I ended the level with only one star and got 500 pts.

Edit: it's 1250 points for each full health bar. 

Edited by TurtlePM

From what little I've seen, this looks good. I however think $24.99 is too much. I wouldn't of charged more than $19.99 for it.

Hopefully this along with the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection will get put into a sale.

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

From what little I've seen, this looks good. I however think $24.99 is too much. I wouldn't of charged more than $19.99 for it.

Hopefully this along with the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection will get put into a sale.

Man this game is already cheap at full price. You might be waiting a while since it was on sale 10% off for the first week of release and now it has gone to full price.

This is a useful topic, I'm also trying to keep track of these rank S scores to put into the trophy guide I'm currently writing. I'm still lacking the skills to get them all, but I have made it far to stage 9 rank. I'll share my scores when the platinum arrives. Thanks for sharing your scores.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LucasIIGD said:

This is a useful topic, I'm also trying to keep track of these rank S scores to put into the trophy guide I'm currently writing. I'm still lacking the skills to get them all, but I have made it far to stage 9 rank. I'll share my scores when the platinum arrives. Thanks for sharing your scores.

I was thinking about doing a trophy guide when I finished. But then I thought someone should already been writing one and the only hard trophy to achieve is this one and all info is right here. Most of them are easy to understand where to do. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Man this game is already cheap at full price. You might be waiting a while since it was on sale 10% off for the first week of release and now it has gone to full price.

I got enough games to play as it is, so I don't mind this one being put on sale eventually.

On 05/05/2020 at 4:26 PM, roshenRUSHEN said:

My S score ranks are mixed with singleplayer and coop plays (I believe the requirements are less on coop, but I am not 100% sure)

Hard S Ranks:

Stage 1 - 27085 (Skate SOR3)

Stage 2 - 27280 (Skate SOR2)

Stage 3 - 20836 (Axel SOR3)

Stage 4 - 27634 as 2 Players

Stage 5 - 28453 (Skate SOR3)

Stage 6 - 36194 (Skate SOR3)

Stage 7 - 17185 (Axel SOR3)

Stage 8 - 29300 (Skate SOR3)

Stage 9 - 25295 as 2 Players 

Stage 10 28858 (Skate SOR3)

Stage 11 32774 (Skate SOR3)

Stage 12 37767 (Skate SOR3)

Edit: Apparently the S score ranks requirements on Xbox One is less compared to PS4, thereby making PS4 version harder to obtain S rank on.

Im stuck on level 4, its more easy with 2 players?

I am not sure.

However, I played Arcade with someone and at the end I got A and he got B. LIkely even on online coop score matters. I can only suggest you ask your partner if you yourself can grab all the money pickups, star power etc and try to let them keep out of the way and where possible only you get score for hitting enemies.

On 10/05/2020 at 8:25 AM, Mastodon_Slayer said:

Im stuck on level 4, its more easy with 2 players?

Yes, it is easier with 2 players, but remember 2 things.

1) Don't let your combo be interrupted.

2) Use the taser to play the arcade and do some additional points.

On 10/05/2020 at 1:56 AM, TemplePilot said:

Are the S ranks entirely based on score, or are there other factors (character selection, number of deaths, etc)?

Yep, entirely on score. And to score high you must do some good combos, 2 or 3 combos with 30-40 hits should be enough.

3 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

I'm at level 6 now. Any tips for this one? 

Try to combo high in the dojo section, with lots of Galsias, the first horde can give you 40 hits easily, in the second horde, don't get hit by doing lots of flying kicks (By pressing X and then Square), the second part with lots of Donovans / Altets is a good one to do a high combo, in this part use most of weapons and don't hesitate to use special (by pressing triangle) when you are surrounded. Hope this helps

4 hours ago, LucasIIGD said:

Yep, entirely on score. And to score high you must do some good combos, 2 or 3 combos with 30-40 hits should be enough.

8 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

Just want to make an observation: its not a matter of hits, but damage. You have to get the color of you combo red or blue, no matter how many hits you must connect.

For example, you can get to blue(that will give around 1000 bonus), with fewer hits using Floyd than using Cherry, because hes got stronger punchs.

Another example, now using the same character: you can get to Blue by hitting with a pipe 10 times with Axel, and get the 1000 bonus. But if you choose to use your punches, you’ll have to hit about 40 to 50 times to get the same bonus.

In other words, the counter show the hits, but awards the damage done. Have this in mind to not get frustrated by hitting 70 times and only getting a Super Combo.

So always pay atention to the color of the combo from less to more bonus: white, green, yellow, blue and red.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nego_Brown_ said:

Just want to make an observation: its not a matter of hits, but damage. You have to get the color of you combo red or blue, no matter how many hits you must connect.

For example, you can get to blue(that will give around 1000 bonus), with fewer hits using Floyd than using Cherry, because hes got stronger punchs.

Another example, now using the same character: you can get to Blue by hitting with a pipe 10 times with Axel, and get the 1000 bonus. But if you choose to use your punches, you’ll have to hit about 40 to 50 times to get the same bonus.

In other words, the counter show the hits, but awards the damage done. Have this in mind to not get frustrated by hitting 70 times and only getting a Super Combo.

So always pay atention to the color of the combo from less to more bonus: white, green, yellow, blue and red.

So it's better get a 30 hit blue combo instead of 50 hit green combo? 

1 hour ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

That's right. They should change the combo system to show total damage instead of hits, or both. That's why you can't get the combo related trophies by getting 100+ hits on those steel balls, I have tried myself, thinking it was an easy way to get the trophy, hahaha.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

Yeah, thats right.

As @RangyRV said, if you hit objects, your count will go up, but always be white with no bonus, but they’re good to keep the count alive for sometime, so you can continue in other enemies. 

Picking up money, stars and food also extends the counter a little longer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nego_Brown_ said:

Yeah, thats right.

As @RangyRV said, if you hit objects, your count will go up, but always be white with no bonus, but they’re good to keep the count alive for sometime, so you can continue in other enemies. 

Picking up money, stars and food also extends the counter a little longer. 

And if i use knifes and pipes and other weapons the combi its better, right?

49 minutes ago, RangyRV said:

Dont quote me on that, but I think it doesnt matter. You can even throw enemies in a hole and the result will be the same. Its about the total energy enemies has.

I think you’re right about this. When I finally got an S Rank on Stage 4 (after about 451,798 restarts), I knocked several enemies off the pier and got credit towards the damage done. If you can get all of the enemies between the start of the stage to the area where there are several barrels, you can get an “Out of This World” combo no matter how many hits are in the combo. I’ve done it with between 100 and 130 hits and gotten the same bonus score. My total score was just over 29,000.

That one is really tough because of the women who do nothing but jump kick. I used Shiva because he can counter that with his own jump kick or his Triangle spin kick. It wasn’t a perfect run, but you have to be pretty close to get the S-Rank.Here’s the video:

Edited by NeilBefore_ZOD
  • Like 3

They should dump the BREAK in this game, if you got your combo broken you don't get any points at all, you should get the points for whatever combo you were at when you were broken at. Not punish you so you lose all of it. This is even worse in coop.

Having a big combo for then a DOnovan to just suddenly tap you as soon as he stands up just isn't fair. Also some levels are just easier to get S on compared to others.

• Like 1