Hard mode S rank scores

PsychoReaper

I struggled a lot with this one too and I finally made it. I can only suggest you to pick a character with good jumping to counter those gals like Shiva, Blaze or Adam (Skate or Cherry, too? but I don't use those characters).

You need to be around 16k points when fighting Estel, because when you reach this score, you earn another extra life and it'll save you for your bonus score at the end of the stage.

Good luck, you can do it!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 11:57 AM, LionBeard40 said:

I feel like I suck because I am struggling to even get A rank on Hard lolll

Update: After grinding and finally getting a grip on the combo system...I got a few S ranks now.  Stage 4 took me a million tries...I swear there should be a trophy for that one alone lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LionBeard40 said:

Update: After grinding and finally getting a grip on the combo system...I got a few S ranks now.  Stage 4 took me a million tries...I swear there should be a trophy for that one alone lol

Congrats! I was just going to say the same thing. I finally got it too. Omg what a relief. Adam came through for me. I can finally set the controller down. 

Time to post my scores!

Stage 01 - 29751 (Shiva - 8:08)

Stage 02 - 27005 (Shiva - 7:38)

Stage 03 - 20409 (Shiva - 5:18)

Stage 04 - 26825 (Shiva - 5:13)

Stage 05 - 29524 (Blaze SoR4 - 9:47) --- Best A Rank was 27048, 28000 is probably the S score.

Stage 06 - 32068 (Blaze SoR3 - 10:39)

Stage 07 - 15423 (Blaze SoR4 - 4:52) --- Best A rank was 14229, 15000 is probably the S score.

Stage 08 - 24192 (Blaze SoR4 - 8:54) --- Best A rank was 23141, 24000 is probably the S score.

Stage 09 - 26399 (Adam SoR - 7:05)

Stage 10 - 27896 (Adam SoR4 - 8:34)

Stage 11 - 26764 (Adam SoR4 - 8:48)

Stage 12 - 43626 (Adam SoR - 11:43) --- Best A rank was 34736, 35000 is probably the S score.

On 8/22/2020 at 0:54 AM, Prime3324 said:

Congrats! I was just going to say the same thing. I finally got it too. Omg what a relief. Adam came through for me. I can finally set the controller down. 

Thanks! I'm close and can't wait to just play casually for the rest of the 5 mill pts trophy.

• 2 months later...

Start the game a couple of days ago, so I play with the new patch. There are my scores:

Stage  1 - Zan (28.557)
Stage  2 - Zan (27.979)
Stage  3 - Zan (22.146)
Stage  4 - Zan (26.598)
Stage  5 - Zan (29.481)
Stage  6 - Zan (32.800)
Stage  7 - Zan (17.187)
Stage  8 - Zan (25.204)
Stage  9 - Zan (25.184)
Stage 10 - Zan (23.018)
Stage 11 - Zan (29.064)
Stage 12 - Zan (35.448)

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:15 PM, CloudLoku said:

Start the game a couple of days ago, so I play with the new patch. There are my scores:

Stage  1 - Zan (28.557)
Stage  2 - Zan (27.979)
Stage  3 - Zan (22.146)
Stage  4 - Zan (26.598)
Stage  5 - Zan (29.481)
Stage  6 - Zan (32.800)
Stage  7 - Zan (17.187)
Stage  8 - Zan (25.204)
Stage  9 - Zan (25.184)
Stage 10 - Zan (23.018)
Stage 11 - Zan (29.064)
Stage 12 - Zan (35.448)

How was it with the new patch?  I'm thinking about buying it but have read conflicting things about the patch making it harder/easier.

23 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

How was it with the new patch?  I'm thinking about buying it but have read conflicting things about the patch making it harder/easier.

I think the patch make it easier, because if you read the patch notes, you notice a tons of nerfs for various enemy moves, like reduced their invincibility frames, etc.

The only thing the new patch makes harder is the last stage (12) because of the bosses buffs and the removal of a spiked ball in the room with the fat guys (now you must beat them with your own hands).

But honestly, the Stage 12 is one of the easiest stage to achieve the S rank because of the lenght (you have most chance of gain points), so it's not a real problem.

Edited by CloudLoku
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my score for RANK S on Hard. 

Stage 1 : 28900 Floyd
Stage 2 : 26639 Adam (SOR4)
Stage 3 : 24037 Adam (SOR4)
Stage 4 : 26477 Floyd
Stage 5 : 29086 Floyd
Stage 6 : 37985 Floyd
Stage 7 : 16891 Shiva (SOR3)
Stage 8 : 25431 Floyd
Stage 9 : 25620 Shiva (SOR3) (COOP with Axel SOR4)
Stage 10 : 27242 Shiva (SOR3)
Stage 11 : 30226 Cherry
Stage 12 : 40047 Shiva (SOR3) (COOP with Axel SOR4)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

so if the second player gets it and you don't, does that count for you?

The scores of both players are combined to give an overall grade. If you reach the target scores detailed early on in this thread then both players will earn the S-rank.

So in short, one player cannot earn S-rank and the other an A or a B for example. If S is achieved then it counts for both players.

As for the no-damage trophy, that has to be done by the individual, although a co-op partner can help keep enemies off you.

Edited by ChxpointCharlie

19 minutes ago, ChxpointCharlie said:

The scores of both players are combined to give an overall grade. If you reach the target scores detailed early on in this thread then both players will earn the S-rank.

So in short, one player cannot earn S-rank and the other an A or a B for example. If S is achieved then it counts for both players.

As for the no-damage trophy, that has to be done by the individual, although a co-op partner can help keep enemies off you.

oh right, thanks for the reply

• 4 months later...

Level 4 and Level 9 are by far the hardest to S rank. Been stuck on these for hours.

Level 4 - Requirements are too high for S rank. I found the best way to deal with the women who jump is to spam the defensive special, the problem is this drains your health considerably on Hard difficulty so good luck not to get hit. I've gotten combos that gotten +1000 on many occasions. For the cops, I find using the star special is good. Far too often the cops with the tasers charge so I felt it's better to just use the star special to get rid of them. There is an additional star gained from the retro arcade in this area.

The G and Y signals are annoying in the area just before you fight Estel. Basically have to keep jumping and pray you don't get your combo broken.

Level 9 - This level is now considerably more difficult because of the 'balancing' patches, or whatever the developers put into the game since its release. Possessed Max is far more annoying to deal with. I'm pretty fast at button mashing and even I am not able to break Max's hold which means you likely need a turbo controller to break out of it. A couple times I came in with 15,000+ score, both times I died to Possessed Max.

-

Anyone with tips and advice on how to beat these levels is much appreciated.

14 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Level 4 and Level 9 are by far the hardest to S rank. Been stuck on these for hours.

Level 4 - Requirements are too high for S rank. I found the best way to deal with the women who jump is to spam the defensive special, the problem is this drains your health considerably on Hard difficulty so good luck not to get hit. I've gotten combos that gotten +1000 on many occasions. For the cops, I find using the star special is good. Far too often the cops with the tasers charge so I felt it's better to just use the star special to get rid of them. There is an additional star gained from the retro arcade in this area.

The G and Y signals are annoying in the area just before you fight Estel. Basically have to keep jumping and pray you don't get your combo broken.

Level 9 - This level is now considerably more difficult because of the 'balancing' patches, or whatever the developers put into the game since its release. Possessed Max is far more annoying to deal with. I'm pretty fast at button mashing and even I am not able to break Max's hold which means you likely need a turbo controller to break out of it. A couple times I came in with 15,000+ score, both times I died to Possessed Max.

-

Anyone with tips and advice on how to beat these levels is much appreciated.

Before I give general advice, need to know who your character is.

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Just got the trophy @Wild-Arms-R. Were if not for the DLC characters (Estel, Max and Shiva), this would of been a lot harder.

Did half the levels to S rank with Max and Estel. Used Estel for both level 4 and level 9.

Yeah the DLC characters are pretty op, Epically Max, of cource hes the one character you kina have to actually have understand the game a little to use effectively.

Good job tho my dude.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Earned these easily in a single sitting last night, using the cheapest method imaginable. First, play Survival Mode with SoR3 Skate until stage 9 or so, to unlock his ridiculously broken alternate Blitz attack, Ground Roll. This move easily juggles everyone against the wall infinitely, including most bosses, safely racking up massive combos. Be sure to actually bank the combos, too, before some jerk breaks it with a lucky jab. Spamming roll is basically all you need to do like 98% of the time, but obviously don't play like a total moron either. Skate's jab combo and head grab can also be very useful.

Secondly, use the two controller exploit to ensure a Perfect bonus at the conclusion of every level, and save your stars for the related bonus, as well. You won't need them with Skate anyway.

Finally, pick up as many health items while having full HP as possible, since this makes a substantial contribution to your score.

That's really it. I got every S-rank on the first attempt, except for the train level, which required two tries. Also, I couldn't use the two player exploit on the level where you begin on a moving elevator, due to being surrounded by annoying enemies. It wasn't even necessary, however, because Skate 3 is just extremely overpowered. All in all, this turned the trophy into a 3/10 challenge. Additionally, I used Skate for Arcade Mode, and it went every bit as smoothly—finished with 8 lives in reserve!

SkateSoR2.gif

• Like 3

On 11/6/2022 at 0:47 AM, StraightVege said:

Earned these easily in a single sitting last night, using the cheapest method imaginable. First, play Survival Mode with SoR3 Skate until stage 9 or so, to unlock his ridiculously broken alternate Blitz attack, Ground Roll. This move easily juggles everyone against the wall infinitely, including most bosses, safely racking up massive combos. Be sure to actually bank the combos, too, before some jerk breaks it with a lucky jab. Spamming roll is basically all you need to do like 98% of the time, but obviously don't play like a total moron either. Skate's jab combo and head grab can also be very useful.

Secondly, use the two controller exploit to ensure a Perfect bonus at the conclusion of every level, and save your stars for the related bonus, as well. You won't need them with Skate anyway.

Finally, pick up as many health items while having full HP as possible, since this makes a substantial contribution to your score.

That's really it. I got every S-rank on the first attempt, except for the train level, which required two tries. Also, I couldn't use the two player exploit on the level where you begin on a moving elevator, due to being surrounded by annoying enemies. It wasn't even necessary, however, because Skate 3 is just extremely overpowered. All in all, this turned the trophy into a 3/10 challenge. Additionally, I used Skate for Arcade Mode, and it went every bit as smoothly—finished with 8 lives in reserve!

Thanks for the tip, I will try this.

Could oyu elaborate on "Two controller exploit" please?