Trophy Thoughts?

Sebax55

Oh we created the topic at the same time. In case mine gets closed, here is what i think:

The list looks pretty similar to Shadow Tactics, but i haven't played it (yet). Doesn't look too difficult, you only have to complete one level on desperado difficulty, but i heared the badges took a lot of time in Shadow Tactics. There you needed all of them, here it is 90. Hopefully there are a lot more, so you can skip the hard ones. I'm really looking forward to this. I played Desperados 1, 2 and Helldorado when i was about 10-13 years old (now 24) and the only one i was able to complete without cheats was helldorado. Hopefully the controls are good with a gamepad, but i heared good things about it in shadow tactics, so i guess it will probably be the same here.

The grind trophies are dumb, but this game will probably feature a quicksave option so you can simply just reload the same save over and over again and this will be done faster than expected.

Edited by westersburg

• 3 weeks later...

They uploaded a new gameplaytrailer with commentary and you could see some of the badges there. They are like the ones in shadow tactics as expected (speedrunning the level, playing level on hard) and i don't know if that was a criteria back in shadow tactics: Complete the level without saving. If they also patch the speedrun glitch where you could glitch the times to make it super easy, this will be a very tough platinum i assume.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 4

On 22/5/2020 at 9:00 AM, westersburg said:

They uploaded a new gameplaytrailer with commentary and you could see some of the badges there. They are like the ones in shadow tactics as expected (speedrunning the level, playing level on hard) and i don't know if that was a criteria back in shadow tactics: Complete the level without saving. If they also patch the speedrun glitch where you could glitch the times to make it super easy, this will be a very tough platinum i assume.

They patched the time glitch? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 3:00 AM, westersburg said:

In Shadow Tactics there's only one level required non-saving game play for platinum. But to me, w/o the glitch, it probably a less fun game for me as I will most likely resort to youtube guide w/o my own exploring.

Edited by Maverick6146

On 5/22/2020 at 2:00 AM, westersburg said:

I hope they won’t do that or at least fix the actual time glitch in the game.

In Shadow Tactics, if the players start a mission, then they make a save at 5 minutes of gameplay. Then they keep playing until the gameplay time reaches 30 minutes or so, and if they think they make a mistake so they want to go back to “5-mins” save. If they do that, the gameplay time is still counted as 30 minutes after they load that save data, unless the players start the mission again in order to reset the time counter. Therefore, doing the time glitch is a good way to prevent this issue unless the players are very good at this game genre, or just quit out to the main menu and then load the save data from there. I did one mission (forgot the name, the one you have to kill a general then escape the village in midnight) without time glitch, but I suffered the “real” time glitch (didn’t know how to reset the time counter) and barely completed that mission with 30+ seconds left for speedrun badge.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the badges or challenges in games because they're dressed as extra trophies inside a trophies. You have to basically do everything in the game fir plat. It was the same shit with Mad Max and his 144 challenges. ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just test game version 1.01, the mission time glitch still works well in this game, so the Speed-run badge will be easy to get. Here is the method: (copy my post from Shadow Tactic forum)

"There is a way (glitch) to manipulate in-game timer (clock) which makes the speed-run badge is a joke.

1. Start a mission
2. Create a manual save data at beginning of the mission (timer should be 1 or 2 seconds)
3. Play the mission until you almost reach the time limit
For example, the time limit is 15 minutes, just play the mission until you reach 14 min 30 sec or so, but do not reach 15 minutes.
4. Auto-save (or manual save) before reaching time limit such as 14 min 30 sec
5. Restart the mission
6. Load the first manual save data (1-2 seconds)
7. Load the latest save data (auto/manual save) then the timer should be 1 or 2 seconds. 

Repeat step 3 to 7 if the mission may take you 2-3 hours.

Note: Do not skip any step. All save data must be in same playthrough of the mission, otherwise it doesn't work. For example, you start a mission (Playthrough A) then create a manual save data A. For some reasons, you decide to restart the mission and continue to play it (Playthough B), then you create an auto/manual save data (Save B ) because you almost reach the time limit. But the timer won't reset if you restart the mission, load Save A, and then load the latest save (Save B ) because they are in different playthroughs.

You can check your progress by looking at the badge condition (if you already finish the mission once to make the list available). If speed-run badge condition is red, it means you accidentally pass the time limit. In this case, you need to do Step 5 and Step 6, then pick the save data which you haven't reach the time limit. After that you can repeat step 3 to 7 until you complete the mission.

In case you want to do legit speed-run playthrough; however, as you can see that the timer is still counted even you load a previous save data (such as 10 minutes ago). Just go back to the main menu or restart the mission, then load that previous save data, it should go back to the timer when you created this save data."

Edited by Leon Hasegawa
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, Leon Hasegawa said:

Just test game version 1.01, the mission time glitch still works well in this game, so the Speed-run badge will be easy to get. Here is the method: (copy my post from Shadow Tactic forum)

"There is a way (glitch) to manipulate in-game timer (clock) which makes the speed-run badge is a joke.

LOL, that's good news.

In all seriousness, i think this is one of my main complains regarding this game, too much similarity to their previous title.

Edited by Maverick6146

On 6.7.2020 at 1:55 AM, Maverick6146 said:

LOL, that's good news.

In all seriousness, i think this is one of my main complains regarding this game, too much similarity to their previous title.

wow but thats what most people wanted. The original desperados games were similar to his. I havent played shadow tactics yet but i love this game. It really feels like a desperados

• Like 1

On 04/07/2020 at 3:44 AM, Leon Hasegawa said:

1. Start a mission
2. Create a manual save data at beginning of the mission (timer should be 1 or 2 seconds)
3. Play the mission until you almost reach the time limit
For example, the time limit is 15 minutes, just play the mission until you reach 14 min 30 sec or so, but do not reach 15 minutes.
4. Auto-save (or manual save) before reaching time limit such as 14 min 30 sec
5. Restart the mission
6. Load the first manual save data (1-2 seconds)
7. Load the latest save data (auto/manual save) then the timer should be 1 or 2 seconds. 

Repeat step 3 to 7 if the mission may take you 2-3 hours.

Note: Do not skip any step. All save data must be in same playthrough of the mission, otherwise it doesn't work. For example, you start a mission (Playthrough A) then create a manual save data A. For some reasons, you decide to restart the mission and continue to play it (Playthough B), then you create an auto/manual save data (Save B ) because you almost reach the time limit. But the timer won't reset if you restart the mission, load Save A, and then load the latest save (Save B ) because they are in different playthroughs.

You can check your progress by looking at the badge condition (if you already finish the mission once to make the list available). If speed-run badge condition is red, it means you accidentally pass the time limit. In this case, you need to do Step 5 and Step 6, then pick the save data which you haven't reach the time limit. After that you can repeat step 3 to 7 until you complete the mission.

In case you want to do legit speed-run playthrough; however, as you can see that the timer is still counted even you load a previous save data (such as 10 minutes ago). Just go back to the main menu or restart the mission, then load that previous save data, it should go back to the timer when you created this save data."

Nice, thanks.  The speed run trophies in games are always my least favourite, even more so in a game like this where I like to take my time.   

Thankfully unlike shadow tactics not all badges are required so I shall just ignore the speed run and no save badges until I have no choice and even then it will be no save badges first. ?  

3 hours ago, Capt_Darling said:

Nice, thanks.  The speed run trophies in games are always my least favourite, even more so in a game like this where I like to take my time.   

Thankfully unlike shadow tactics not all badges are required so I shall just ignore the speed run and no save badges until I have no choice and even then it will be no save badges first. 1f600.png  

Yeah, this game is easier than Shadow Tactics because you don’t have to complete all badges, and these badges can be unlocked on Beginner difficulty (except hard one).

I plan to get all badges with the help of time glitch for Speed-run, so I start every mission on Hard for the first time, and clean up the rest of challenge badges on Beginner like No Save and No Firearms.

I wonder whether DLC mission badges will count towards 90 (i'm assuming that they will have badges)

BTW. I don't know if you actually have to only complete the last challenge or whether the trophy can be buggy in a goodway but i got it after only doing four of the five missions. The last one i did was the one with the cart.

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

The 5 kills with the Dynamite is Bugged? No matter what it won't pop... Maybe because I Died in the same Time? 

Kaboom! trophy? Must do it in Mission 2 - Running Late On Payday. I knocked out almost every enemy in that mission, placed at least 5 enemies at nearby area. and then threw a dynamite to kill them all.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa

15 hours ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Kaboom! trophy? Must do it in Mission 2 - Running Late On Payday. I knocked out almost every enemy in that mission, placed at least 5 enemies at nearby area. and then threw a dynamite to kill them all.

I tried, no result, I kill more than a 5 at the same time... 

Edited by Stormwarrior90