Controller input lag?

Quink666

Playing this on PSNow but with the game downloaded on my PS4 so that should not affect input lag since i'm basicly playing it on disc. Has anyone else expereienced input lag?

I see an enemy attack and press dodge but it is delayed everytime resulting in me getting hit. Same with bringing up the map, i press the touchpad and 0.75 sec later it pops up. Or are the controls simply this awful and clunky?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, hope it's not yet too late for a reply.

I platted the game some time ago and didn't encounter any input lags. However, my game froze quite a lot when I fought enemies or tried to run past them and other than closing and reopening the game, there was nothing I could do about it. Maybe you can try deleting and reinstalling the game and see if it still suffers from input lags.

PS: I didn't play it on PSNow but bought it on the PSN store if that helps.

Edit: I remember that the game actually does occasionally lag when you open the map, but it shouldn't lag all the time.

Edited by Sillshez15
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sillshez15 said:

Hi, hope it's not yet too late for a reply.

I platted the game some time ago and didn't encounter any input lags. However, my game froze quite a lot when I fought enemies or tried to run past them and other than closing and reopening the game, there was nothing I could do about it. Maybe you can try deleting and reinstalling the game and see if it still suffers from input lags.

PS: I didn't play it on PSNow but bought it on the PSN store if that helps.

Edit: I remember that the game actually does occasionally lag when you open the map, but it shouldn't lag all the time.

yeah running past enemies was a big no no. Game froze every single time. Guess it can’t handle having multiple enemies chasing you. Was forced to kill all groups I encountered, which was a pain since you are underleveled. 

4 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

This game is just laggy. It's awkward and clunky all the time. Im running into the same shit with Jedi Fallen Order.

The controls and response times make the Don't Kill Anyone run a real pain.

I’ve  talked to others that also experienced input lag in the game, seems like only some people have it though. Jedi Fallen Order also felt slow and clunky but not as bad as Vampyr. 

1 hour ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Just out of curiosity, have you done a database rebuild or a power drain recently?

Asking because this game is currently on my to do list (when I re sub on PSNow).

I did a rebuild, restored licences and deleted my profile of my PS4 like 1-2 weeks before i played Vampyr. Had trouble starting up some games so i did all that to fix it. Not sure what you mean by power drain though.

The input lag feels horrible in the start but you get "used" to it within 2-3 hours. The game is playable, just download it do hard drive if you got the option to do so.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, yowzagabowza said:

This game is just laggy. It's awkward and clunky all the time. Im running into the same shit with Jedi Fallen Order.

The controls and response times make the Don't Kill Anyone run a real pain.

Not wrong about that. I can't bare it anymore. I made it to the first trophy and am putting this game to "rest". 

Going to assume there's not much we can do without a patch. I only played for about half an hour total (was looking around quite a bit so it took me longer to finish the first "tutorial" part).

EDIT: Okay I loaded it back up as others mentioned to try to ignore the FPS drops/ other technical issues and so far I am enjoying it more.

I just wish they'd had worked on the FPS drops, they are significantly worse in combat too.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

21 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Not wrong about that. I can't bare it anymore. I made it to the first trophy and am putting this game to "rest". 

Going to assume there's not much we can do without a patch. I only played for about half an hour total (was looking around quite a bit so it took me longer to finish the first "tutorial" part).

EDIT: Okay I loaded it back up as others mentioned to try to ignore the FPS drops/ other technical issues and so far I am enjoying it more.

I just wish they'd had worked on the FPS drops, they are significantly worse in combat too.

If I still just played games for fun and relaxation, I'd have created another account just to see what the game had in store on Easy Mode. I liked the setting and story, but going for all the trophies took a lot out of me