Lag

Jayne-1991

Does this happen to anyone else? 

I've got alot of resources on my lsland so now it's started to lag quite alot. 

I loaded the game up earlier and I had a cabin with extra resources in and they were all on the floor and buoy balls floating in the water and my raft was gone, the anchor was there with a long long rope and I couldn't even see the raft, I reloaded the game which fixed it however the lag is still there. 

Sometimes when returning back to my base, things are floating in the air, my raft flipped up earlier for no reason and messed up all my crates. 

I'm trying to do the craft all items trophy but how can I if the more resources I have, the more lag there is 

Yeah this was a issue I had frequently with the game, whenever I would return to my island the game would struggle to load everything back in time. I also had floating items etc, and a few times had items that were floating ricochet off each other and fly away, lost for good. Quite frustrating!

Edited by OTPYG

Yeah I hate leaving my island now incase I lose something and have to reload a save. 

I just saw your post on another topic about having everything crafted at the same time, please tell me this is not true lol I've been building and knocking down what I don't need and ticking it off my list of things I need to build. 

I would hate to have to do all that again especially with this lag. 

I even looked at the trophy again to see if it needed to have everything built at the same time but it just said to craft one of every item

19 minutes ago, Jayne-1991 said:

Yeah I hate leaving my island now incase I lose something and have to reload a save. 

I just saw your post on another topic about having everything crafted at the same time, please tell me this is not true lol I've been building and knocking down what I don't need and ticking it off my list of things I need to build. 

I would hate to have to do all that again especially with this lag. 

I even looked at the trophy again to see if it needed to have everything built at the same time but it just said to craft one of every item

haha I wish I had better news for you but from my experience it was one of everything crafted at the same time. I had a friend who did your method - built something and destroyed it to use those materials for something else - and the trophy didn’t pop for them. It only did when they had one of everything at once.  

Noooooo lol maybe you guys didn't build it properly with your hammer before you destroyed it? Please tell me you didn't build it properly and that's why it didn't pop lol 

I'm kind of addicted to this game but scared at the same time so I just want it to be over lol 

I haven't even attempted the bosses yet as I'm scared and not ready lol but wanted to do other trophies first. 

Just to confirm, can I build the gyrocopter and as long as I don't get in it, i won't void the compass trophy? 

57 minutes ago, Jayne-1991 said:

Noooooo lol maybe you guys didn't build it properly with your hammer before you destroyed it? Please tell me you didn't build it properly and that's why it didn't pop lol 

I'm kind of addicted to this game but scared at the same time so I just want it to be over lol 

I haven't even attempted the bosses yet as I'm scared and not ready lol but wanted to do other trophies first. 

Just to confirm, can I build the gyrocopter and as long as I don't get in it, i won't void the compass trophy? 

I used the gyrocopter quite a bit and got the trophy related to the compass with no issues. As long as you never have a physical compass in your inventory you’ll be fine. The compass on the gyro doesn’t count as you’re never physically in possession of it. 

The bosses aren’t too bad either, there’s a topic in this forum with some great tips for beating them, be sure to give that a read ☺️

Enjoy and good luck!

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

Yes, and other strange things.

Aaah the bomb going off in slow mo on the island glitch.  Yes had that a couple of times lol.

A way to try and mitigate island lag is to use all the excess containers you should be gathering. Dont chuck all your individual items in a massive heap by the campfire. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OTPYG said:

I used the gyrocopter quite a bit and got the trophy related to the compass with no issues. As long as you never have a physical compass in your inventory you’ll be fine. The compass on the gyro doesn’t count as you’re never physically in possession of it. 

The bosses aren’t too bad either, there’s a topic in this forum with some great tips for beating them, be sure to give that a read 263a.png

Enjoy and good luck!

Oh Ive been reading the xbox achievements because they seem to be the only ones writing a guide for some trophies and the compass trophy didn't unlock for them so they said don't use the gyrocopter. 

Thanks I need it lol 

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Yes, and other strange things. Here is my short video:

Yep I get this quite alot now and also flying hogs when moving them with L2 lol 

1 hour ago, Ara_Dax said:

Aaah the bomb going off in slow mo on the island glitch.  Yes had that a couple of times lol.

A way to try and mitigate island lag is to use all the excess containers you should be gathering. Dont chuck all your individual items in a massive heap by the campfire. 1f606.png

I have been storing some items but not all however I will start filling up my boxes now, I have about 24 containers on my boat and they lag about too, I probably take some off and use them for my island. 

Thanks for the tip 

My raft doesn't turn properly, is this anything to do with the size or is that just how it is on ps4? It's 5 by 3, don't think I'm writing that properly but whatever lol 

38 minutes ago, Jayne-1991 said:

My raft doesn't turn properly, is this anything to do with the size or is that just how it is on ps4? It's 5 by 3, don't think I'm writing that properly but whatever lol 

No matter what size my raft was, be it sail or engine, it had the turning circle of a large iceberg.

No matter what size my raft was, be it sail or engine, it had the turning circle of a large iceberg.

Lol glad I'm not alone. 

I was just wondering have you defeated any of the bosses yet and if you have, do you have any tips to stop my raft floating away, xbox achievements suggest taking the life raft but I would feel safer on my raft that I made, any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, Jayne-1991 said:

Lol glad I'm not alone. 

I was just wondering have you defeated any of the bosses yet and if you have, do you have any tips to stop my raft floating away, xbox achievements suggest taking the life raft but I would feel safer on my raft that I made, any suggestions? 

Theres a few tips in this post here.

2 hours ago, Jayne-1991 said:

Lol I was thinking, wouldn't the anchor drop on top of the eel ship and the buoy with the squid? 

Not tried it at the battleship as I flew 1st class to it, but not seen it on any youtube videos, so I would presume not, but stand to be corrected. For the squid/buoy, the buoy floats, so nothing underneath it apart from death.  I never tried to drop anchor when pulled up onto the buoy, as it bounces about to much.  Again I presume not, unless you prove me wrong. ??

Edited by Ara_Dax

Not tried it at the battleship as I flew 1st class to it, but not seen it on any youtube videos, so I would presume not, but stand to be corrected. For the squid/buoy, the buoy floats, so nothing underneath it apart from death.  I never tried to drop anchor when pulled up onto the raft, as it bounces about to much.  Again I presume not, unless you prove me wrong. 1f600.png1f600.png

So I'm basically screwed then, I'm dreading these fights lol 

I don't know why they don't allow you to anchor before the fight, I mean do they want us to swim all the way back 

51 minutes ago, Jayne-1991 said:

So I'm basically screwed then, I'm dreading these fights lol 

I don't know why they don't allow you to anchor before the fight, I mean do they want us to swim all the way back 

There pretty easy, don't stress about it. 

On 06/05/2020 at 5:30 PM, Ara_Dax said:

There pretty easy, don't stress about it. 

Omg I got plat, never ever again will I play a game like that. 

My game started to crash, I had to kill the meg twice, after killing the squid I got lost and couldn't find my way back to my island. 

I've never been so scared playing a game lol 

Just so you know, i got the craft them all trophy without any problems luckily so I didn't have to have everything built at the same time. 

I managed to keep the sail down and drove into the meg boat and it stayed there. 

I did the same with the eel and it didn't move however it went all wrong with the squid and my raft ended up losing all my storage boxes so had to reload save and go there in my life raft because the anchor on the life raft works fine in open waters. 

I'm so grateful it's over, thanks for all your advice. 

I can't believe the ending which obviously I won't ruin for anyone who hasn't done it yet. 

Yayyyy plat lol 

• Like 1

On 06/05/2020 at 4:15 AM, OTPYG said:

haha I wish I had better news for you but from my experience it was one of everything crafted at the same time. I had a friend who did your method - built something and destroyed it to use those materials for something else - and the trophy didn’t pop for them. It only did when they had one of everything at once.  

I got the craft all trophy without any problems, I didn't have to have everything built at the same time. 

I told a different person on another quote, was suppose to tell you lol 

I had a list of everything I needed to build and ticked off as I went along so maybe it glitched for you and the other person or you didn't do it properly lol :P

10 minutes ago, Jayne-1991 said:

I got the craft all trophy without any problems, I didn't have to have everything built at the same time. 

I told a different person on another quote, was suppose to tell you lol 

I had a list of everything I needed to build and ticked off as I went along so maybe it glitched for you and the other person or you didn't do it properly lol :P

Congrats on the trophy, and the Plat!

Maybe they fixed it in the patch that came out about a week ago. Maybe we did do it incorrectly ?? Regardless, glad to hear you didn’t need every item at once. Quite a time-saver!!

1 hour ago, OTPYG said:

Congrats on the trophy, and the Plat!

Maybe they fixed it in the patch that came out about a week ago. Maybe we did do it incorrectly 1f609.png1f602.png Regardless, glad to hear you didn’t need every item at once. Quite a time-saver!!

Thanks, I think it has potential to be a really good game but not with all the bugs at the moment, it was driving me insane at one point