Leaked Prince of Persia gameplay

Aecesaje_

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Was this rendered/expected for PS4? Looks more like it was rendered on PS3 hardware.

I believe the canceled game would come out in 2013 on the PS3. It definitely looks like it was rendered on a PS3 but this was also at the time Ubisoft used to fake their trailers and gameplays

I hope they will try to revive this franchise right after Beyond good and Evil 2 is released. 

This demo looks good for a game that was created 8 years ago , they should just remove some qt events and focus more on movement like spiderman 2018 did.

That looks pretty awesome. I've actually spent the last month playing all of the Prince of Persia games for the first time and kept thinking a new game could do great. I always assumed that the reason they shelved the series was because the gameplay was too similar to Assassin's Creed but now that the AC franchise has been turned into something different it could be the perfect time for the Prince to return.

I'm wondering how many big games like this get cancelled before we get to see them. As far as I know it's not a rare thing. For example, 3 Star Wars projects have been cancelled by EA one after another in the last 5 years. And we only saw a small developer diary style teaser for the first one.

I'm also wondering if there was another Prince of Persia game pitch more recently. There were so many rumours about a new PoP. But no announcements.

Edited by Alderriz

Shame it got cancelled. Looks pretty fun.

1 hour ago, panikooooos said:

Lol I predicted this was old before reading the thread, PoP does not have potential to become live service, open world grind with microtransactions so why revive it?

That’s true. I was thinking about what if PoP would become an open world RPG like AC and I just couldn’t see that being any good. But what if it was made in a style of a Dark Souls game? Honestly, I think it would be really awesome.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Was this rendered/expected for PS4? Looks more like it was rendered on PS3 hardware.

It looks like an early PS4 game imo.

Edited by Dark Prince
  • Like 1

Not every game has to become a huge open world. Even as a not-actual-gameplay demo, you can see aspects of God of War (2018) and Spider-Man, and I wouldn't consider either of those open-world (at least not to the extent of modern AC games). And being able to rewind time is a Dark Souls-like game sound badass.

I suspect a huge barrier to making modern PoP games is that Jordan Mechner still owns the rights to the IP, nearly 30 years later.

• Like 1

Not every game has to be 30 - 50 hours long either. As good as God of War (2018) is, despite trying to be a little linear, there was still a lot of backtracking. Finding those Odin Ravens were annoying, as was finding some treasure which you end up backtracking to areas you already were in for story reasons. Prince of Persia doesn't need that to be good.

Prince of Persia being 10, 20, 25 hours is perfectly fine with me. The entire franchise has always been linear, going all the way up to Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. I was one of the few who really enjoyed The Forgotten Sands, if that was open world like Assassins Creed I probably would of enjoyed it a lot less.

Give me solid platforming, give me some platforming that offers some modicum of challenge, some epic boss fights, some abilities that make the Prince stronger as the game progresses, and I'll be happy. The Dark Prince angle in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones was pretty interesting, it's too bad the story was ass which most of Ubisoft's games were because none of those stories were particularly good back then.

I think part of the problem is Ubisoft just doesn't see this series as a big cashcow. Admittedly, both Prince of Persia 2008 and The Forgotten Sands didn't sell nearly as well as Assassins Creed Brotherhood nor Far Cry 2, so this would be mostly to attract a niche audience.

People are mostly done with the linear experience that is 5 - 10 hours long, so hopefully a new potential Prince of Persia will at least bring some variety and side activities worth pursuing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/05/2020 at 4:47 AM, DaivRules said:

I can answer that. It was indeed part of it for the PS3 game release but Ubisoft cancelled such a great new game Prince of Persia. I say this game deserves a chance at redemption.