Rumor: Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster is Coming

16 minutes ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

I seem to remember EA saying they have no interest in remastering the games. Here's hoping they've gone back on that.

They did.  I think it was last year when they announced they'd be remastering a number of their classics. They were aiming for this year iirc, but better late than never

This is probably too much to ask from EA, but it would be nice if they put more effort into this than the typical remaster, especially since these games are already playable on Xbox One with some improvements as far as I know. ME2 and ME3 are probably fine with just a resolution bump, but ME1 could definitely do with some new character models, textures, etc. It's my favourite game in the trilogy and I've played it more times than I can remember. A new lick of paint would give me an excuse to go back to it again. 

On the PS3 i specifically remember a part in the DLC called project overlord, where you were in a hover craft like vehicle, the environmental graphics looked like they were straight up made on the psone. I remember because it was so jarring to look at. It wasn't the system loading in textures either. That was how the PS3 version had it. 

I hope they get that sorted out. I think the problem wasnt as bad on 360 but people were saying it was a notable downgrade in the section for them as well. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/27z59y/bioware_went_hard_on_the_overlord_dlc_graphics/

Edited by VaNiDgE
  • Like 2

No thanks.

I love this trilogy...hell I loved Andromeda too, I don't care what anyone says, that game was great. But I just couldn't go through ME2 again...still to this day I consider it the hardest Platinum I have, and that game in-sighted the gamer rage in me unlike anything else I ever played. 

Love this series...will be right there to play a brand new game if it ever comes. But I couldn't do this Remaster. 

37 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Mass effect 1 needs a huge gameplay overhaul, it has aged horribly

Is it that bad?

I've been planning to start it after MGS 3, but last moment I decided to play Castlevania LotS before the two of them and pushed Mass Effect 1 a few more games down on my list... I still want to play them on ps3 because I have already kinda started them by earning the 1-2 online trophies of Mass Effect 3, but if it's going to be a torture maybe I should think it over. 

Edited by Kiyan-13

1 hour ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

I seem to remember EA saying they have no interest in remastering the games. Here's hoping they've gone back on that.

Here is the thread I had created when EA announced that they were going to start doing some remasters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Is it that bad?

I've been planning to start it after MGS 3, but last moment I decided to play Castlevania LotS before the two of them and pushed Mass Effect 1 a few more games down on my list... I still want to play them on ps3 because I have already kinda started them by earning the 1-2 online trophies of Mass Effect 3, but if it's going to be torture maybe I should think it over. 

The cover system doesn't really work at all in Mass Effect 1, weapons overheat in the first game instead of using ammo(take it how you will) if you're undecided, you can watch some gameplay on youtube before launching it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

The cover system doesn't really work at all in Mass Effect 1, weapons overheat in the first game instead of using ammo(take it how you will) if you're undecided, you can watch some gameplay on youtube before launching it.

Thanks, I'll do that! 

Mass effect is a proper western RPG - with all of the clunk - whereas 2 and 3 are more cover shooters. So while Mass Effect 1 isn't an objectively bad game, the leap between genres for 1 and 2 means a lot of people will like one but not like the others that much. It's generally just very clunky and slow, but it does have much more worldbuilding than the later games get as a result. I think it's a good foundation for the rest of the trilogy, but I'm definitely happy they departed from its sluggishness.