Rumor: Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster is Coming

About bloody time. It is laughable that the PS4 representation of the Mass Effect series is the Andromeda turd. Kinda wish this was a year or so later, so it could benefit from PS5 enhancements, but alas. We cannot have everything.

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I don’t care about Mass Effect, give me all Burnout pre-Paradise games in HD and with trophy support!

Maybe you should care. Logic would dictate that if these remasters sell well, they will continue to go through their catalog and remaster other games.

Just a theory though.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The cover system doesn't really work at all in Mass Effect 1, weapons overheat in the first game instead of using ammo(take it how you will) if you're undecided, you can watch some gameplay on youtube before launching it.

Something BioWare should do with ME1 is allow you to use ME2 or ME3 mechanics in combat. I don't care for the fatigue meter, and am glad that it got the axe in 3.

Please let this be true. I'd like to see it released as a complete edition for the usual $60 with all DLC and running on Unreal Engine 4. The textures need to look at least as good as the ALOT (A Lot Of Textures) packs for the PC versions. This shouldn't have any problem running in 4K at 60 FPS.

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Mass effect 1 needs a huge gameplay overhaul, it has aged horribly

It is the only one of the three that is a RPG and knows it's own identity.
If I wanted to play a corridor shooter I'd play Gears. ME1 and DAO touched a special place for me

We visiting Venturebeats? If people stopped going to all these trash sites then the news being reported might actually be news again.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

mass-effect-trilogy-ps4.jpg

Someone who made this pic never heard of aspect ratio lmao

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Mass effect 1 needs a huge gameplay overhaul, it has aged horribly

I played this game for 200 hours or more, can't see anything that "aged" there. Maybe because game main interest is not shooting stuff. Anyway, it will take a large work to remake anything in ME1, and EA is not about making something good.

• Like 1

ME 2 Is probably to this day still the game I've spent the most time on. Probably around 300 hours between both the 360 and PS3 versions. ME2 was my first plat and that was only because I loved the game so much that I wanted to play through it with every class with both genders. ME3's ending left a bad taste in my mouth though. ME1 I think is under appreciated, the combat system is clunky but it doesn't really hinder the game and in terms of world building and presentation it was above its sequels.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

At this point I'm probably too spoiled by the modded PC versions: complete graphical overhaul with hi-res textures, upscaled cutscenes, buttery-smooth 60 fps, instant loading screens... but who am I kidding, I'd buy and play a PS4 remastered collection in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, PostalDudeRus said:

Anyway, it will take a large work to remake anything in ME1, and EA is not about making something good.

I hate to say it, but this is true. One of my favorite things about ME1 is how huge the Citadel was, and how it really fleshed out the universe of Mass Effect through every interaction you had with everyone. The gameplay can be some pretty hot garbage sometimes, but knowing how big of a game it is make me realize it will likely never get the full remake treatment. I'm betting, if we get anything at all, it'll be a slightly nicer coat of paint and that's that.

Anyone thinking EA is going to do a full remaster for these games is probably going to be out of luck - it's likely to be like Burnout Paradise, where they say 'okay, this game can run at 4k now with no textures changed' and call it a day. But honestly, I'd be fine playing the series in all of its original, ugly glory.

I wish game companies would start using AI uprezzing at least, since I've seen pretty neat results from that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Anyone thinking EA is going to do a full remaster for these games is probably going to be out of luck - it's likely to be like Burnout Paradise, where they say 'okay, this game can run at 4k now with no textures changed' and call it a day. But honestly, I'd be fine playing the series in all of its original, ugly glory.

I wish game companies would start using AI uprezzing at least, since I've seen pretty neat results from that.

4K60.

The 60 part is pretty important and matter more for more people using 1080p or supersampling.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 8:20 PM, Starcade_Legend said:

I really don’t understand why more publishers aren’t doing this.  The idea of remastering last gen games is like ‘finding free money in the couch’ for them, especially a storied franchise like Mass Effect.

Now my question is...SONY must have a REALLY large couch, for them to not re-invigorate Motorstorm and Resistance Trilogies this whole generation.  Just ridiculous...1f613.png

You can't even begin to describe all the games from the PS2 era and even before that I want to see re-released with a trophy list intact. Just so I can play them again and experience the memories.

Does the original Resistance and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction ring any bells? Been wanting to see those games remastered or remade for ages now.

Some of the Tony Hawk games (Underground 1 & 2, etc) could use a touch up. Would buy those in an instant, was a big Tony Hawk fan back in the day.

Can't have everything.

• Like 2

If this happens, it'll be a day one pre-order for me. Loved the original trilogy and my friends and I still play the ME3 multiplayer together eight years later. Maybe they'll get better servers for the remaster. Met FemShep herself, Jennifer Hale, and got her to sign both my basic copy of ME3 and the Collector's Edition SteelBook copy of ME3.

On 5/6/2020 at 5:10 PM, Viper said:

No thanks.

I love this trilogy...hell I loved Andromeda too, I don't care what anyone says, that game was great. But I just couldn't go through ME2 again...still to this day I consider it the hardest Platinum I have, and that game in-sighted the gamer rage in me unlike anything else I ever played. 

Love this series...will be right there to play a brand new game if it ever comes. But I couldn't do this Remaster. 

I guess everyone's different. I didn't find it that much of a challenge. Yeah, there were a few rage inducing moments (Garrus' recruitment mission and the ambush on the Collector ship to name a few) but I normally just forced my dumb AI squad mates behind cover and spammed their abilities over and over. Lol.

13 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

I guess everyone's different. I didn't find it that much of a challenge. Yeah, there were a few rage inducing moments (Garrus' recruitment mission and the ambush on the Collector ship to name a few) but I normally just forced my dumb AI squad mates behind cover and spammed their abilities over and over. Lol.

Yeah, hardly anyone seems to have found ME2 difficult. Most people consider it a push over of a game. But for some reason it beat me down...I have the Platinum but the road to get there was just a nightmare. 

ME1 was simple. I did all three playthroughs as the Soldier, even on Insanity the game was a cake walk with the skill that makes you nearly invulnerable (and by the time it wore off, it was ready to be used again). So I was expecting more of the same from ME2. I did 2 playthroughs in that game...the first playthrough on Veteran difficulty and thought even that was WAY harder than anything I had to do in the first game...so Insanity lived up to it's name for me. It was just failure after failure, changing approach after approach and getting through it was mostly luck. ME3 was a breeze after that (except for Marauder Shields...that mo fo did my head in). 

But yeah...ME2 just wasn't a fun experience for me. Most people consider it the best of the series...but it's hard for me to agree because I spent my time just fighting against the game and being pissed off. 

4 minutes ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

I would love it if they added a feature that let you play the first game like the second and third game

That would be great, but unless they go full remake, that's probably an unrealistic goal. It would take a total overhaul to get Mass Effect to play like Mass Effect 2 / 3 did, and most companies don't bother with that much effort in remasters.

7 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

That would be great, but unless they go full remake, that's probably an unrealistic goal. It would take a total overhaul to get Mass Effect to play like Mass Effect 2 / 3 did, and most companies don't bother with that much effort in remasters.

Mass Effect is perfectly fine as it was. EA can just do a lazy remaster like Ubisoft did with Assassins Creed Rogue, and it'll still sell well from the longtime fans who love the trilogy.

I mean, I'm still waiting for Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction to get a trophy list. The original Assassins Creed would be awesome as well, but as I said earlier, you can't have everything.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Mass Effect is perfectly fine as it was. EA can just do a lazy remaster like Ubisoft did with Assassins Creed Rogue, and it'll still sell well from the longtime fans who love the trilogy.

I mean, I'm still waiting for Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction to get a trophy list. The original Assassins Creed would be awesome as well, but as I said earlier, you can't have everything.

It has a number of issues - difficulty spikes, Mako controls, some sound issues (at least when I played it on PC.) It's definitely a sluggish game by today's standards, although it's still very much playable and I would gladly replay it in its original form.

23 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

It has a number of issues - difficulty spikes, Mako controls, some sound issues (at least when I played it on PC.) It's definitely a sluggish game by today's standards, although it's still very much playable and I would gladly replay it in its original form.

The game came out in the late 2000s, so obviously it's going to be dated by today's standards.