Rumor: Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster is Coming

Having just platinumed the first game recently, I hope to gawd it is optimized a hell of a lot better for PS4. While it feels a bit sluggish, I liked the gameplay for the most part and I get that they can't overhaul the gameplay much short of fully remaking the game- which they won't do, of course, too much work- but if I would have enjoyed the experience a hell of a lot more if it weren't for the stuttering, frame drops and outright freezes requiring me to restart the console. I don't remember that crap happening on Xbox (though correct me if I'm wrong). Also it was missing the Pinnacle Station DLC but I wouldn't expect that to return as the source code is apparently corrupted.

24 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

I'll happily buy this and plat them again if they don't change the gameplay for ME1 - with the exception of stacking the difficulty trophies. Difficulty trophies should always stack.

I thought that you couldn't even play Hardcore without beating the game once and then Insanity after beating the game on Hardcore. Perhaps they could be unlocked from the start? Though you still have to play three times more or less for all the character trophies...

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, Kiyan-13 said:

Is it that bad?

I've been planning to start it after MGS 3, but last moment I decided to play Castlevania LotS before the two of them and pushed Mass Effect 1 a few more games down on my list... I still want to play them on ps3 because I have already kinda started them by earning the 1-2 online trophies of Mass Effect 3, but if it's going to be a torture maybe I should think it over. 

ME 1 is the best of the trilogy.  Well for me 1>3>2    All great games though.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, Stan Lee said:

Having just platinumed the first game recently, I hope to gawd it is optimized a hell of a lot better for PS4. While it feels a bit sluggish, I liked the gameplay for the most part and I get that they can't overhaul the gameplay much short of fully remaking the game- which they won't do, of course, too much work- but if I would have enjoyed the experience a hell of a lot more if it weren't for the stuttering, frame drops and outright freezes requiring me to restart the console. I don't remember that crap happening on Xbox (though correct me if I'm wrong). Also it was missing the Pinnacle Station DLC but I wouldn't expect that to return as the source code is apparently corrupted.

I thought that you couldn't even play Hardcore without beating the game once and then Insanity after beating the game on Hardcore. Perhaps they could be unlocked from the start? Though you still have to play three times more or less for all the character trophies...

I played the first Mass Effect and thought it was alright.

I would much rather have EA remaster the Dead Space Trilogy. Dead Space 2 was one of the most exciting platinums I earned last year, the thrill of having to survive and saw what lurked around the corner in Hardcore mode really made the game fun. Preferably I would like Dead Space 3 to not have any multiplayer but they basically integrated co-op in it's very core, so it probably won't happen. Don't think we'll get the remasters, because Viscereal Games is now long gone and EA looks like they couldn't care less.

Mostly I just want these remasters to have better visuals and increased framerate, which is more than what Ubisoft does with it's remasters (*cough* Ezio Trilogy *cough*).

• Like 1

i am kind of happy they are coming back out, played 1 through 3, one was hard for me to get into, but loved 2 and 3 which had epic moments besides the ending. i will buy it day one is comes out

On 5/6/2020 at 8:12 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Mass effect 1 needs a huge gameplay overhaul, it has aged horribly

i agree

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 8:10 PM, KingGuy420 said:

I don't know how these "journalists" get away with crap like this. The jump from someone at EA muttering the words "EA HD game" to "we're definitely getting a Mass Effect remaster" is a pretty out there jump in logic.

I hope it's true. I really do. But "journalism" like this makes my stomach turn.

The fans are as to blame as well, they're just hyping themselves up for disappointment.  Knowing the company, the HD remake will be the Skate 3 remaster they're doing for mobile phones.  Also it seems a few here don't know the difference between remake and remaster, even if they do do this eventually with how passionate the fanbase is, it won't be redone from the ground up like FFVII.

• Like 1

On the one hand it would be great to experience this great trilogy again

BUT on the other hand i remember that you have to play the first mass effect game 3 times with almost all side questes for the platinum. Furthermore the enemies are getting stronger bullet sponges with every new playthrough!!! It would be great if they could change the Trophy requirements, but that would be too much too ask from EA. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

On the one hand it would be great to experience this great trilogy again

BUT on the other hand i remember that you have to play the first mass effect game 3 times with almost all side questes for the platinum. Furthermore the enemies are getting stronger bullet sponges with every new playthrough!!! It would be great if they could change the Trophy requirements, but that would be too much too ask from EA. 

true, that is what stopping me from the plat is the 50 percent missions with the different characters and insane playthrough. 

On 10.5.2020 at 7:47 PM, Stan Lee said:

Oh, I forgot the Ally trophies. But still I think they shoud make the difficulty trophies stack (and, of course, Insanity available from the start, as indeed you need to unlock it).

2 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Oh, I forgot the Ally trophies. But still I think they shoud make the difficulty trophies stack (and, of course, Insanity available from the start, as indeed you need to unlock it).

and change that you dont need to complete the majority of the game with every of the six squad member (instead a silver trophy for any squad member for example)

33 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

Agree on ME1. But how can you rank the shitty plot of ME3 in front of 2.....

Now 2 is good, I just didn't like how I couldn't use Wrex or Liara (except for her appearance in the DLC Lair of the Shadow Broker).  I really didn't care for Miranda, Jacob, or Jack and some others.  And a lot of the plot (and time) involves recruiting people I didn't want too in the first place. And honestly I didn't care for that Human Reaper boss either.  As for the opening sequence of ME2 I've often debated in my mind if that should have occurred at the end of ME1 or not and then just start off with the Lazarus Project in ME2 right off the bat.  But ME1's ending was so very satisfying as is.  And for ME2 The Suicide Run was awesome, the introduction of the Illusive Man was fantastic, and who the Collectors actually were shocked me, for I had no idea.  

ME3 brought Liara, my romance interest back and Wrex some too. In ME3 there's the battle on Palaven, the fate of the Genophage cure, the conclusion of the war between the Quarians and the Geth, and there's obviously the Crucible where you decide the fate of the Reapers that were awesome experiences and there were more I failed to mention.   ME3 along with ME1 (Eden Prime mission, becoming a Spectre, the fate of the Rachni Queen, the two huge decisions made on Virmire, what Sarens does to himself- again I could list others) had so much more memorable moments than ME2 ever did for me.  The whole level on Ilos and the conversation with Vigil in ME1 was probably the best moments  in the entire trilogy (for me anyways). And let's not forget Sovereign's appearance and conversation as well in ME1.  ME3's ending didn't bother me like it did a lot of people.  It wasn't perfect but I got to do what I wanted to do, and that was destroy the Reapers because for me the only good Reaper is a dead one. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Mass Effect Trilogy remaster reportedly planned for October reveal

There have been persistent Mass Effect Trilogy remaster rumours for quite some time now. Evidence seemingly popped up earlier this year with the announcement of a newly updated Mass Effect art book, but we’re now heading towards late 2020 with no official announcement from EA. Apparently, the remaster is still on the way though. 

According to Jeff Grubb, speaking on an episode of the GamesBeat Decides podcast, his sources have said that up until recently, EA’s plan was always to announce the Mass Effect remaster in early October, with a release date coming later that month. However, given that this is 2020 and many games are being delayed, the release timetable “could start to slip”.

Here is the full quote (via VGC): “Up until like this last week, I know the plan for sure was to announce it in early October, release in later in October. So good news. Maybe bad news, it’s 2020, maybe that could start to slip, it sounds like maybe that’s a possibility, nothing for sure yet. I know it’s real. I’ve seen more than enough evidence to know it’s real, but it’s still 2020 and they haven’t announced it yet.”

Grubb also indicated that Mass Effect fans should expect upgraded versions and not full-blown remakes as we’ve seen for a number of games this generation.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/mass-effect-trilogy-remaster-reportedly-planned-for-october-reveal/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://venturebeat.com/2020/09/25/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-still-coming-but-not-this-year/

Electronic Arts still hasn’t revealed Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, and that’s for a reason. The publisher originally planned to launch the remastered trilogy, that I first reported on back in May, with an October reveal and release. But now EA and developer BioWare are pushing that release into early 2021, according to people familiar with the development.

The primary factor holding up development, beyond the pandemic, is the original Mass Effect game. It currently does not live up to the quality of the rest of the package. It would make a poor first impression for new players, and it might disappoint fans who then won’t go on to play and experience the impressive upgrades for Mass Effect 2 and ME 3.

This is a problem with both the visuals and gameplay. The people working on the game understand the issues, and they want to do right by the franchise’s fans.

But one aspect those fans won’t get to experience regardless of how much time BioWare gets is the multiplayer. EA doesn’t plan to include the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer in this package. Something like that would turn this remaster into a live-service game, and that is likely not worth the investment. The publisher could instead put those resources into Apex Legends or another, new cooperative shooter — although that is just my speculation.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition will, however, include all of the downloadable content for all three Mass Effect games. This will enable players to get the full experience included in the purchase price.

This might disappoint fans, but that’s on me and not EA or BioWare. They’re holding back until they’re certain.

• 1 month later...