Rumor: Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster is Coming

I am happy this has been finally announced for next year. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-an-hd-remaster-of-the-original-trilogy-coming-to-pc-and-consoles/ar-BB1aN4JE

I wonder if it will be current gen and next gen versions. 

Edited by snakebit10

So now that it is confirmed, I am excited for 1 & 2.  Not even remotely, excited for ME3. 

ME3 was a HUGE departure from the original Mass Effect.  ME3 is still by far the worst Mass Effect game.  It was a linear corridor action shooter.  You couldn't even holster your damn weapon for God's sake.  

I'll gladly play Andromeda over 3 anyday.  As Andromeda actually got back to it's roots, exploring planets open-ish world, and what not.

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell check

I've only played Andromeda, but spoilt the trilogy by watching YouTube vids on them. I never thought they were going to remake them.

I'll definitely check them out though since it sounds like it'll be a good remaster, not lazy like Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning.

3 hours ago, NxtDoc said:

So now that it is confirmed, I am excited for 1 & 2.  Not even remotely, excited for ME3. 

ME3 was a HUGE departure from the original Mass Effect.  ME3 is still by far the worst Mass Effect game.  It was a linear corridor action shooter.  You couldn't even holster your damn weapon for God's sake.  

I'll gladly play Andromeda over 3 anyday.  As Andromeda actually got back to it's roots, exploring planets open-ish world, and what not.

Mass effect 2 already had nothing to do with the original game anymore. In fact, it's closer to 3 than the first one imo. Don't know where you found any kind of exploration in it apart from a shitty scanning minigame or the boring firewalker dlc. Not that I'd disagree though, me3 was a huge let down.

4 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I am happy this has been finally announced for next year. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-an-hd-remaster-of-the-original-trilogy-coming-to-pc-and-consoles/ar-BB1aN4JE

I wonder if it will be current gen and next gen versions. 

Seems like it is made with forward-compatibility to PS5.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

Mass effect 2 already had nothing to do with the original game anymore. In fact, it's closer to 3 than the first one imo. Don't know where you found any kind of exploration in it apart from a shitty scanning minigame or the boring firewalker dlc. Not that I'd disagree though, me3 was a huge let down.

Yes, 2 was a slight departure as well.  But I enjoyed landing on Uncharted Planets and exploring..

Anyways, 3 was horrible for many more reasons than I listed.  

How about the awful co op, that forced you to play it, grind to get your Galactic Readiness up, with bullshit loot box micro-transactions in it.  That started this whole bullshit we are in right now.  I absolutely loathe 3.  The vitriol I have for that game, has no boundaries 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NxtDoc said:

Yes, 2 was a slight departure as well.  But I enjoyed landing on Uncharted Planets and exploring..

Anyways, 3 was horrible for many more reasons than I listed.  

How about the awful co op, that forced you to play it, grind to get your Galactic Readiness up, with bullshit loot box micro-transactions in it.  That started this whole bullshit we are in right now.  I absolutely loathe 3.  The vitriol I have for that game, has no boundaries 

I liked the multiplayer. Even after getting the plat I kept grinding gold missions to get characters and weapons. That's probably because I enjoy brainless horde modes, no idea why. And yes, the monetization was 100% bullshit given the cost of the game + dlcs especially. 

I started ME2 in 2012 but never completed it, (I forgot why) it’s sitting at 5% on my list 

not sure if I’ll bother finishing it before selling the ps3 trilogy boxset or give up on that and complete it on the ps4 for the first time

how much does the 100% take, the I’m seeing guides say it’s 35-80 hours? 

• 2 months later...

The release date seems to have leaked. March 12th.

A couple of online retailers have now listed the upcoming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition for release on 12th March 2021.

EA is yet to officially announce a date for its remastered Mass Effect trilogy pack beyond a vague spring window but, barring any further delays, Eurogamer understands the above date to currently be accurate.

Singapore retailer Shopitree and Indonesian outlet GSShop both have Mass Effect: Legendary Edition down for 12th March, as spotted by Twitter user Idle Sloth.

• 3 weeks later...

sf8tLWt.jpg

Relive the legend of Commander Shepard in the highly acclaimed Mass Effect trilogy with the Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition. Includes single-player base content and over 40 DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 games, including promo weapons, armors, and packs – remastered and optimized for 4K Ultra HD.

The updated trilogy launches May 14 on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation®5, as well as on PC via Origin and Steam.

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 2

The Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is the hidden gem of the community. Being able to experience combat as an Asari, a Drell, a Turian, and more was thrilling and the mode quickly developed a very dedicated player base despite initial concerns. So why didn't BioWare bring it back for the Mass Effect Legendary Edition? We sat down with the team to find out why this addition was deemed "too complicated" during the remaster's development period. 

When speaking with Kevin Meek, environment and character director, and project director Mac Walters, the topic of multiplayer came up and why the studio decided to nix its inclusion. When speaking with , he compared multiplayer to restoring a Porsche, and the analogy actually worked. 

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/02/02/bioware-explains-why-it-didnt-bring-back-mass-effect-3-multiplayer-in-legendary-edition

RIP multiplayer

Daaamn, Mass Effect 1 is looking mighty fine going off the small snippets we saw in the trailer. I really want to see some gameplay just to get an idea of how it plays now, but the improvements sound good on paper. I also think it's cool that the character creator has been unified across all 3 games and that ME3's FemShep is now the default female character in the other 2 games as well, but let's be real here. If you're not playing as the default male Shepard, you're doing something wrong. ?

You can find an overview for the collection here: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/mass-effect-legendary-edition-launches-may-14

Overview

Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.

Relive the Cinematic Saga

Heart-pounding action meets gripping interactive storytelling where you decide how your unique story unfolds.

• Three Games – One Launcher – Play through the single-player base content and over 40 DLC from all three games, including promo weapons, armors, and packs.
  • Remastered for a New Generation – Experience the trilogy in 4K Ultra HD with enhanced performance, visuals, and graphics, all available in HDR.
  • Visual Improvements on All Three Games – Updates include enhanced models, shaders, FX, lighting, and depth of field.

Experience the Legend of Shepard

Create and customize your own character, from appearance and skills to a personalized arsenal then lead your elite recon squad across a galaxy in turmoil.

• New Shepard Customizations – With improved hair, makeup, eye color and skin tones you can create your Shepard in a unified character creator with all options available across the full trilogy, or choose to play as the iconic Femshep from Mass Effect 3 now available in all titles.
  • Gameplay Enhancements for the First Mass Effect Game – Enjoy improved aiming and weapons balance, sound effects, better Mako controls, input/controls, squad behavior, cover behavior, and gameplay cameras.

Reflect on Your Choices

Your choices seamlessly travel from one game to the next. Each decision you make will control the outcome of every mission, every relationship, every battle—and even the fate of the galaxy itself.

• Visual Enhancements for the First Mass Effect Game – The game’s been given a full world-building pass including environmental art, VFX, and level relighting.
  • Performance Mode Options – Supports ultra-high refresh rates on PC, and offers a choice between “Favor Quality” for increased resolution or “Favor Framerate” to boost your FPS on consoles.
  • PC Updates – Enjoy a modernized PC experience across all three games with native controller and 21:9 widescreen support, user interface navigation improvements, and DirectX 11 compatibility.

Included Content

Mass Effect Legendary Edition includes single-player base content for all three titles (Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3), your favorite story downloadable content, promo weapons, armors, and packs:

• Bring Down the Sky
  • Genesis
  • Zaeed – The Price of Revenge
  • Kasumi – Stolen Memory
  • Lair of the Shadow Broker
  • Firewalker Pack
  • Overlord
  • Normandy Crash Site
  • Arrival
  • Genesis 2
  • From Ashes
  • Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut