DarkLordSHTR

Rumor: Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster is Coming

96 posts in this topic

Let's ****ing go!

So now that it is confirmed, I am excited for 1 & 2.  Not even remotely, excited for ME3. 

ME3 was a HUGE departure from the original Mass Effect.  ME3 is still by far the worst Mass Effect game.  It was a linear corridor action shooter.  You couldn't even holster your damn weapon for God's sake.  

I'll gladly play Andromeda over 3 anyday.  As Andromeda actually got back to it's roots, exploring planets open-ish world, and what not.

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell check

This is the game that needs to have "it's about time" as subtitle, not Crash 4.

Mass Effect: Trilogy "It's about time"

Perfect! 

I've only played Andromeda, but spoilt the trilogy by watching YouTube vids on them. I never thought they were going to remake them.

I'll definitely check them out though since it sounds like it'll be a good remaster, not lazy like Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning.

I love the new bit of artwork for the collection. It was a nice teaser trailer. Looking forward to playing this, especially the first game since that one stands the most to gain from improved textures and what not (plus it's my favourite of the trilogy).

3 hours ago, NxtDoc said:

So now that it is confirmed, I am excited for 1 & 2.  Not even remotely, excited for ME3. 

ME3 was a HUGE departure from the original Mass Effect.  ME3 is still by far the worst Mass Effect game.  It was a linear corridor action shooter.  You couldn't even holster your damn weapon for God's sake.  

I'll gladly play Andromeda over 3 anyday.  As Andromeda actually got back to it's roots, exploring planets open-ish world, and what not.

Mass effect 2 already had nothing to do with the original game anymore. In fact, it's closer to 3 than the first one imo. Don't know where you found any kind of exploration in it apart from a shitty scanning minigame or the boring firewalker dlc. Not that I'd disagree though, me3 was a huge let down.

4 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I am happy this has been finally announced for next year. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-an-hd-remaster-of-the-original-trilogy-coming-to-pc-and-consoles/ar-BB1aN4JE

I wonder if it will be current gen and next gen versions. 

Seems like it is made with forward-compatibility to PS5.

Bit disappointed no Nintendo Switch version was announced, still hoping maybe later it will be announced still will be getting it on the PS4 though.

34 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

Mass effect 2 already had nothing to do with the original game anymore. In fact, it's closer to 3 than the first one imo. Don't know where you found any kind of exploration in it apart from a shitty scanning minigame or the boring firewalker dlc. Not that I'd disagree though, me3 was a huge let down.

Yes, 2 was a slight departure as well.  But I enjoyed landing on Uncharted Planets and exploring..

Anyways, 3 was horrible for many more reasons than I listed.  

How about the awful co op, that forced you to play it, grind to get your Galactic Readiness up, with bullshit loot box micro-transactions in it.  That started this whole bullshit we are in right now.  I absolutely loathe 3.  The vitriol I have for that game, has no boundaries 

3 hours ago, NxtDoc said:

Yes, 2 was a slight departure as well.  But I enjoyed landing on Uncharted Planets and exploring..

Anyways, 3 was horrible for many more reasons than I listed.  

How about the awful co op, that forced you to play it, grind to get your Galactic Readiness up, with bullshit loot box micro-transactions in it.  That started this whole bullshit we are in right now.  I absolutely loathe 3.  The vitriol I have for that game, has no boundaries 

I liked the multiplayer. Even after getting the plat I kept grinding gold missions to get characters and weapons. That's probably because I enjoy brainless horde modes, no idea why. And yes, the monetization was 100% bullshit given the cost of the game + dlcs especially. 

Welp, this is an easy day 1 purchase for me. Love the whole trilogy, even 3. Even though my backlog's big enough to land a plane on, I always told myself that I'd push it aside to play through remasters of these games if they came out. Maybe I'll actually get the plats this time.

I started ME2 in 2012 but never completed it, (I forgot why) it’s sitting at 5% on my list 

not sure if I’ll bother finishing it before selling the ps3 trilogy boxset or give up on that and complete it on the ps4 for the first time

how much does the 100% take, the I’m seeing guides say it’s 35-80 hours? 

The release date seems to have leaked. March 12th.

A couple of online retailers have now listed the upcoming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition for release on 12th March 2021.

EA is yet to officially announce a date for its remastered Mass Effect trilogy pack beyond a vague spring window but, barring any further delays, Eurogamer understands the above date to currently be accurate.

Singapore retailer Shopitree and Indonesian outlet GSShop both have Mass Effect: Legendary Edition down for 12th March, as spotted by Twitter user Idle Sloth.

9 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The release date seems to have leaked. March 12th.

Awesome, just around the corner.

More than enough time to go back and finish off the trophies I've been sitting on.