Character you loved who died in the game

PalaceOfLove706

Great thread actually! Actually the same game, Lee from from Walking Dead. Love that character and then the end he dies like NOOO. I also gotta say Cole Phelps from L.A. Noire. Even though he did some bad things he was a great character to me.

WetRaindrops.png

• Like 3

I'm not sure if i love Ethan from Heavy Rain, but the ending in which he rescues his son and gets killed by police was always a tearjerker for me. Other than that, pretty much all of my favourite character's deaths can be avoided

• Like 1

Actually, sorry, i'm going to break the rules . . .

Chloe Price (Life is Strange)

Cole MacGrath (inFAMOUS)

Cyanea (Gravity Rush)

Jade Aldemir (Dying Light)

Lee Everett (The Walking Dead - A Telltale Series)

Rost (Horizon Zero Dawn)

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

In one RPG game i played many years ago. one of the female companions died mid-way of the game. She joined the protagonist in his quest to rescue his true lover even he is arranged to marry her. For quite a few chapters she's the only companion he has and she's also a powerful character to use gameplay wise so I grew quite fond of her.

She died right when they escaped the prison after rescuing the other girl. I sat in front of the computer in disbelief for quite some time thinking to myself if I have done something wrong, or i missed some important trigger/plot. This kind of plot twist was virtually unheard of at that era of gaming as the games almost always end in a good way. 

I continued and completed the game. In the end of that game, she was resurrected by witchcraft however she lost her mind and become a shell of herself, literally. Quite sad. Soon after, rumors began to circulate over the internet that there's a hidden ending to the game which requires the player to do this and that. So I went back to game and tried to replicate it. Of course they are just rumors.

After that game, many other games tried to copy the same setting, but NONE of them has the same shock to me as the one I got in the above mentioned game. 

Edited by Maverick6146
  • Like 1

John Marston from Red Dead Redemption.

First time I played the game a decade ago I was a bit heartbroken he had to die. Much of his story was taking down his former old gang mates he once sided with to commit various crimes. He goes around America and Mexico to do what a bunch of authorities asked him to do. He finally settles down and tries to have his family stick together. Then he is wanted, and ends up being shot and killed. Turns out he was on the wanted list all along. Having to play as his son to close out the actual story was a big turnoff for me.

Cole Phelps death in LA Noire wasn't executed all too well, I must admit. He was rather torn with the corrupt nature of the Los Angeles Police Department. Kind of unfair to see his corrupt partner from the Vice story cases make a speech on Cole Phelps during his funeral, when the guy really didn't care about him in the first place.

• Like 1

Walking Dead S1 - Lee. Its such an emotionally impacting scene, Lee is just such a great protagonist and his death is so upsetting.

Spiderman (PS4) - Aunt May. Like the 3rd time in the game i cried my eyes out. It really shows how much of a selfless hero Spiderman really is. Spiderman is the Hero, all heroes should aspire to be.

Guardians Crusade (PS1) - Nehani. One of the most welcoming RPGs for newer gamers. The sacrifice of Nehani in the end is a sad moment, especially after confessing her love for the Protag.

The Legend of Dragoon (PS1) - Rose (And too an extent Zeig). Probably biased because i think Legend Of Dragoon is one of the best games ever. Spending the whole game being saved by Rose, just to find out she is the 'big bad' in a sense, then having her sacrifice her life to end the game (And Zeig, Protags father). 

• Like 1

Akira Nishikiyama - Yakuza 0/Kiwami

Ryuji Goda - Yakuza 0/Kiwami 2

Han Joon-Gi - Yakuza 6

Mine Yoshitaka _ Yakuza 3

Soap MacTavish - COD MW/MW2/MW3

Emma Emmerich - MGS 2

Sniper Wolf - MGS

Liquid Snake - MGS

Grey Fox (Frank Jaeger) - MGS

Edited by Black54Ninja

5 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Walking Dead S1 - Lee. Its such an emotionally impacting scene, Lee is just such a great protagonist and his death is so upsetting.

Spiderman (PS4) - Aunt May. Like the 3rd time in the game i cried my eyes out. It really shows how much of a selfless hero Spiderman really is. Spiderman is the Hero, all heroes should aspire to be.

Guardians Crusade (PS1) - Nehani. One of the most welcoming RPGs for newer gamers. The sacrifice of Nehani in the end is a sad moment, especially after confessing her love for the Protag.

The Legend of Dragoon (PS1) - Rose (And too an extent Zeig). Probably biased because i think Legend Of Dragoon is one of the best games ever. Spending the whole game being saved by Rose, just to find out she is the 'big bad' in a sense, then having her sacrifice her life to end the game (And Zeig, Protags father). 

I was such a Legend if Dragoon fan - yes, that was an impactful scene for sure.

On 7-5-2020 at 4:46 AM, szaleroPL said:

I'm not sure if i love Ethan from Heavy Rain, but the ending in which he rescues his son and gets killed by police was always a tearjerker for me. Other than that, pretty much all of my favourite character's deaths can be avoided

Oh yeah that one was horrible, I forgot about that.

I’d add Leo from a Way Out. Co-op’d that in one session with my brother. I was Leo, he was Vincent. The feeling of raw betrayal at the end, and then watching myself get overmatched in the struggle by my older brother and then boom - death. Just a mix of anger and defeat, had my emotions stir and wrestle like a northern wind. Lost sense of control. Didn’t feel good after. Probably had a few beers. Then i repressed it to the back of my mind.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:51 PM, LoveInHell said:

Lee (The Walking Dead S1)

Arthur (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Joel’s daughter (The Last of Us, although the character wasn’t that important I still find it emotional)

HOW DID I FORGET ARTHUR?! HE WAS THE SADDEST ONE

• 4 weeks later...

Like everyone else, Arthur Morgan. Wow, what an amazing character and story to boot. I can't remember the last time I was so connected to a character. One you sympathize with and relate to on some levels.

Another would be Snake, in Metal Gear: Guns of the Patriot he is dying towards the end and he doesn't technically die but after everything he goes through in the end, it is inevitable. In my mind, I always picture him dying alone in a quite place as he fades away in the final moments of the game. What an amazing game. I would love to take another go at that one just one more time.

Victor Sullivan at the end of Uncharted 3. OMG that was just so heart wrenching. I mean, it's Sully, come on now. He can not die. He is the glue that holds the franchise together. Thank god none of it was real.

Nathan Hale from Resistance 2. Talk about the tear jerking. You work so damn hard to save the last bit of humanity, only to be snuffed out in the end by your best friend. I can't even begin to count the amount of hours I dumped into that game. I had to have the campaign at least a dozen times and thousands of multi player matches. What a stellar game.

This is spoilers for dragon quest 11 but why are you on a thread like this if you care about spoilers.

Veronica in act 2, I know it's not permanent and she wasnt even my favourite character but the game had mostly been light hearted up to that point with a few exceptions. I had just assumed that all the party members were safe because plot armour but when serana cut her hair I knew they had actually killed off a party member. Then act 3 happened and everything was fixed