Missing Vehicles

thegrim0666

Has anyone experienced vehicles disappearing from the garage? I recovered a scout truck to the garage then went to the map to get another vehicle and when I went back my scout was gone. Vehicle store still says I own one but cannot find it on any map or in my garage. Thanks for any help.

7 hours ago, thegrim0666 said:

Has anyone experienced vehicles disappearing from the garage? I recovered a scout truck to the garage then went to the map to get another vehicle and when I went back my scout was gone. Vehicle store still says I own one but cannot find it on any map or in my garage. Thanks for any help.

Yes this is a common bug in Snowrunner :( it happend to me too. In the truck-shop it says you own one but the truck is nowhere to be found. In my case the truck reappeared after one (real-time) day in front of my garage without any upgrades or attachments. Before this I restarted the game multiple times and everything but nothing helped. A friend of mine experienced the same bug and ended up with two exemplars of the missing car two days later. 

On 07/05/2020 at 10:03 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

Yes this is a common bug in Snowrunner :( it happend to me too. In the truck-shop it says you own one but the truck is nowhere to be found. In my case the truck reappeared after one (real-time) day in front of my garage without any upgrades or attachments. Before this I restarted the game multiple times and everything but nothing helped. A friend of mine experienced the same bug and ended up with two exemplars of the missing car two days later. 

Have you checked that even if the truck is not shown, its name is still on top of the screen on the bay it was ?

If the name is there, just go to customization and it will reappear.

If it disappears after customization, just go back to main menu and continue, your truck will be there.

18 hours ago, KiLLyoX69 said:

Have you checked that even if the truck is not shown, its name is still on top of the screen on the bay it was ?

If the name is there, just go to customization and it will reappear.

If it disappears after customization, just go back to main menu and continue, your truck will be there.

In my case the name wasn't there. I parked it on the dam in Michigan and exited to the main menu. The next time I opened the game I had a very wired camera bug (looked like under the map?) and I ended up in the garage after few seconds. My truck on the dam was gone (White Western Star) but in the truck shop the game still said I would own one. Like I said, the truck reappeared in front of my garage the following day. I think my truck glitched through the dam when I reopened the game and there is a respawn mechanic for such cases. 

Btw I'am not the only one experiencing this bug. On reddit are many people with the same problem. Luckily the trucks always seem to reappear after a while. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

2 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

In my case the name wasn't there. I parked it on the dam in Michigan and exited to the main menu. The next time I opened the game I had a very wired camera bug (looked like under the map?) and I ended up in the garage after few seconds. My truck on the damn was gone (White Western Star) but in the truck shop the game still said I would own one. Like I said, the truck reappeared in front of my garage the following day. I think my truck glitched through the damn when I reopened the game and there is a respawn mechanic for such cases. 

Btw I'am not the only one experiencing this bug. On reddit are many people with the same problem. Luckily the trucks always seem to reappear after a while. 

I had it happen with one of mine as well, I found it a day later in a garage in Alaska White Valley (was lost in Taymyr Drowned Lands)...

So... it is bound to come back if you happend to "lose" it

• 9 months later...

Sadly, my second truck has vanished and never reappeared.

When I go to the world map, each region shows me how many vehicles are in that region. Supposedly I have 4 in the starter region in Michigan.Three are out in the field, but the missing one isn't showing on the map, so, in theory, it should be in the garage, right? But no.

I've gone through 3 in-game days and at least one RL day, but no sign of it. I also know I haven't customised it, because it sat outside the garage for ages till I could fix it up and then I used it to get Broken Horse last thing at night. Once that popped I fixed the wheels & recovered it to the garage then Quit. Next day, not there. :(

Worse case, it's gone forever, but I want to sell it for the money, because I'm using the KRS 58 "Bandit". This truck is excellent, but I can't yet fit All-terrain tyres, so it;s struggles in deep mud.

Maybe it'll turn up some day. ;)

Typical! Shortly after posting the above, I 'found' the lost vehicle. It seems I hadn't got to grips with the foibles of the garage.

As I said, the map was showing that I should have had 4 vehicles, but one was not actually on the map nor in the garage, and Truck Storage was greyed out. Hm... Then I noticed that the slots images at the top was showing 3 solid and 2 empty circles. That seemed strange, so I looked in the Truck Store and discovered THREE trucks that I owned, all of which were not showing in Truck Storage.

That;s when the penny dropped, STS. We all know that we can transfer trucks between maps by using the Retain option in the garage, but it seems that the garage needs us to do this to ensure they are made available in Truck Storage too, If I've sent the truck to the garage via the action area at the front, why would I need to do that?

Anyhow, I used Retain on each of the trucks and then all three appeared in Truck Storage. That's seems inconsistent to me, since one of the trucks was showing as being on the map and the other two weren't.