Unlocked Trophy has Unlocked Again

Before I get down to it, I formatted my PS3 down to the last bit of data I could so that I could purge any unwanted data out of it. Got my games downloaded and my save data, and since I wanted to get RE4 done for good now that I've got the time, I've been playing it a little more. However, the trophy one gets for beating the village chief unlocked again somehow, notification and ding included. Since I've already achieved said trophy, will syncing my trophies up with the server cause this to suddenly screw/overwrite the former date that it was achieved, and potentially get flagged for discrepancy between the other trophies? I'm aware of the delayed platinum trophy unlocking, but never this.

if the trophy has been earned and synced originally, it'll go back to the original timestamps when u resync, i've had it happen over many games before due to having multiple ps3's.

time stamps for trophies will always be for the first time it pops, if already synced to the servers.

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

if the trophy has been earned and synced originally, it'll go back to the original timestamps when u resync, i've had it happen over many games before due to having multiple ps3's.

time stamps for trophies will always be for the first time it pops, if already synced to the servers.

Oh, I see! Then I guess I got worried over nothing. Is there any reason why this even happens though, or is it just because the trophy system on the PS3 is buggy to begin with?

• 1 year later...
On 2020-05-06 at 10:39 PM, Vermilion_Joker said:

Oh, I see! Then I guess I got worried over nothing. Is there any reason why this even happens though, or is it just because the trophy system on the PS3 is buggy to begin with?

Sorry for the late reply! It’s not that the system is buggy, it’s just that your trophies aren’t synced to the console. It only checks the trophy lists that are actually on your console when trophies are unlocked, more or less. On PS4 and PS5 they will automatically sync if you’re connected to the internet. You can actually replicate this behaviour on Vita, PS4, and PS5 by formatting your console and reinstalling a game without connecting to the internet.