Are you getting a playstation 4 at launch?

greyfox1296

I was wondering if anyone here was planning to get a playstation 4 at launch or wait until all the hype goes down. I planned on waiting a few years before buying one but seeing as most people I know are getting one at launch I'm not so sure anymore. What do you guys plan on doing?

I reserved a Launch system 2 minutes after E3 and I'm psyched. 

I am planning on not going nuts with games because of my lengthy PS3 backlog but in reality the promise of this system, PSN only games and remote play have me happy enough to be an early adopter.  I have Watch Dogs and knack preordered and that's my last AAA games I plan on buying until Infamous and I have no doubts or reservations.

I am going to wait until next year I think. since there is no chance of it being backwards compatible. I think it would be good to wait until the price drops or they come out with 250Gb or 320Gb for bit cheaper. because my PS3 is basically still going to play any game this year. And the HHD size does not matter to me because I plan on swapping to an SSD like I did with my PS3. Hopefully the new PS4 will be able to swap hard drives just as easily.

Edited by StingRay7495

I would if not for the massive spending I'll be doing Christmas shopping. Ahhh the life of a broke college student.

Then again I would probably still want to stay away for a few months to a year to make sure they iron everything out. Plus I have tons of PS3 titles to catch up on.

Nope not enough launch titles that interest me.

I don't really understand that line of thought.

I mean I get it if you plan to buy one eventually but to stave off purchasing one merely based off of the launch titles doesn't make much sense to me since they probably won't matter much to anyone in a year or so.

I would think looking at their reputation and what they have planned for the future would matter more.

But if its not enough for you then hey, that's your opinion  ^_^

Edited by rsoto1125

i wont be getting one at launch cos im saving up money to build a PC. i will also have to wait for the rupee to catch up with the dollar cos ever since its become $1= RS-69 the price of all PS3 games have been increaed and they are now at $80 in India. Getting games digitally would be cheaper but i prefer physical copies. So i guess i will stick with my vita and build a PC for now. ^_^

As much as I want to, I won't. Too many good games on the ps3 I haven't played yet, let alone finished..... Although, in saying that, if I wander into a store that's selling them and on display I'll probably flop out the visa.

Edited by closertim
  • Like 4

Nope - and I cancelled my pre-order a few days ago. I had an order in since February, hoping to be able to clear some of the games I wanted to play/have yet to play before the PS4 launched - but there's so many great PS3 games that I'm holding off.

It wasn't until I was stood in Game with the wife a few days ago, saw all the great titles that I wanted to play that I thought it was crazy for me to buy a PS4 on launch day and pay a premium, when there are great games I've yet to play.

Games like Uncharted 2 & 3, Borderlands 2, The Last Of Us and Bioshock Infinite - there's no rush for me to spend £350 just before Christmas! I'm also looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls.

Edited by Tango_Echo_Alpha
  • Like 1

Planning on getting it day one as I pre-ordered directly from Sony. Not sure if I'll wind up canceling my pre-order or not.  A November launch seems almost too soon given how much life is left in the PS3.  Plus I'll have my hands full between PS4, PS3, and Vita games but these are fun problems to have.

• Like 3

Nope - and I cancelled my pre-order a few days ago. I had an order in since February, hoping to be able to clear some of the games I wanted to play/have yet to play before the PS4 launched - but there's so many great PS3 games that I'm holding off.

It wasn't until I was stood in Game with the wife a few days ago, saw all the great titles that I wanted to play that I thought it was crazy for me to buy a PS4 on launch day and pay a premium, when there are great games I've yet to play.

Games like Uncharted 2 & 3, Borderlands 2, The Last Of Us and Bioshock Infinite - there's no rush for me to spend £350 just before Christmas! I'm also looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls.

Yeah same as me,my backlog is pretty big plus with + spewing out new games monthly I'll be set till it's cheaper,bit unfair to spend £350 on myself at chrimbo and not the same on the kids & wife :/

• Like 2

I would if not for the massive spending I'll be doing Christmas shopping. Ahhh the life of a broke college student.

Then again I would probably still want to stay away for a few months to a year to make sure they iron everything out. Plus I have tons of PS3 titles to catch up on.

I don't really understand that line of thought.

I mean I get it if you plan to buy one eventually but to stave off purchasing one merely based off of the launch titles doesn't make much sense to me since they probably won't matter much to anyone in a year or so.

I would think looking at their reputation and what they have planned for the future would matter more.

But if its not enough for you then hey, that's your opinion  ^_^

It makes total sense, why would I buy a ps4 at launch when none of the launch titles interest me enough to get them day 1and the whole reason I want a ps4 is to play games on it. So it makes no sense to buy a ps4 at launch when I wont be getting any games with it at launch

Those are two of the main reasons I wanted to hold off the PS4 for a year. I'm pretty sure that the PS4 is going to feature some bugs as most consoles do at launch time and with a backlog like mine who really needs a new console.

Absolutely!! Got mine reserved and paid in full for a few months now and I reserved 5 or 6 games! Love when new consoles launch!

Really wish I had money like you do xD Edited by greyfox1296