Star Wars Jedi:Fallen Order

Kandagawa Jet Girls

Valkyria Chronicals

Bioshock Infinite 

Ratchet & Clank(2016)

• Like 3

On 12/31/2020 at 3:56 PM, Spinacheq said:

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4)

Lost Dimension (PS3)

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4)
Drive Girls (Vita)

Song of Memories (PS4)
Y’s VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

So I just noticed that I put 6 titles in my level 5 lol I am silly.  I guess I need to pick one to remove from this pyramid.

YEAH!!!  Time for my first update.  WOOT!

I just finished my first game Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa.  I found this visual novel is be quite interesting as I knew going in from the number of ending trophies (3) that it would require multiple playthroughs to platinum it.  What I didn't know was how they changed up the mechanic and made it quite interesting and frustrating all at the same time.  I will try not to spoil the mechanic for those who aren't aware, though I will say I didn't realize how much for frustrating going in it could be to remember all the didn't paths you took.  I started playing this with out any walkthroughs to enjoy the story and on my 5th playthrough without making anymore progress I finally broke down and looked up how to progress the story more as I keep getting a game over at chapter 5.  The lack of proper instructions for what everything means hurt my overall score of this game, as I had to learn through trial and error and looking it up that red text options where true route selections you had made at one point or another in your journey.  Though this knowledge didn't out right help an anyway as you could think you were on a true ending route but if you missed a flag in the quacker (the games version of twitter) stream by not reading it soon enough the game would let you think everything was good until  well  you had to start over again lol.  I really liked how even though there was a skip text feature it only let you skip text you had seen before on concurrent playthrough, any deviation or slight choice change and skip didn't work which was fine for me.  I found a comfortable auto advance speed that gave me plenty of time to read the text before it advanced to the next part.  I do wish the game had english voice acting even if it was cheesy and bad lol.  Overall I give this game a 7/10 as it was fun and entertaining, with multiple ending that were different enough to and varied to not feel like they just changed 1 thing and called it the bad ending or the good ending.  While lacked proper instructions and regional voice acting the translations was good and the characters were all unique enough to not seem bland or repetitive.  I would recommend this game to anyone who like Visual Novel games as a nice way to relax and palette cleanse between other genres.

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa :platinum: (PS4) Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs  7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 (PS4)
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4)

LEVEL THREE
inFamous Second Son (PS4)
Record of Agarest war 2 (PS3)
Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)

Detroit Become Human (PS4)
Time and Eternity (PS3)
Thief (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4)

Lost Dimension (PS3)

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4)
Drive Girls (Vita)

Song of Memories (PS4)

Here is my updated list with my progress.  I did remove Y’s VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4) from the bottom of level five as it was an accidental 6th game to that level and I already had plenty of other ps4 games on that level.   It will make another appearance in my next pyramid though so don't worry as I do want to beat it before Y's 9 comes out or at least before I can start that one lol.  My next work will be FF15 as it has been sitting in my collection for a long long time and while I have made some progress in the last month on the comrades DLC since you have to downgrade to play it, I want to get through the story since I only ever completed the prologue lol.

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PRYAMID guide you to success...

p.s.  I just realized @arsenal4life1471 has suckered us all into his own personal pyramid scheme lol, not that I am complaining :) 

• Like 2

@Spinacheq Congrats on your first game Completed !! your name is now up on the leaderboard.  I never really been one for visual novels. I feel if if i wanted to read i would read a book but everyone is different the closest thing i would get to a visual novel is the telltale games such as the walking dead but thats quite a bit removed i think. Good luck with Final Fantasy 15 i look forward to hearing how you get on. You could also work on your over level 2 game at the same time if you want to change up a bit. Either way good luck!.

Im just glad people have joined in lol and not everyone on this site NEEDS the get every trophy and platinum that there backlog holds lol.

@Arethien Im afraid your wrong i can't think of to many girls who would put there football team in there psn name lol. I find this trouble as you open up your pyramid its gets harder to choose lol. I hear ghost of tsushima a great open world game. I really want to get that one soon. Also sackboy is good chilled 3d platformer. If your really stuck you are allowed one swap per pyramid (of which is handy if you buy a new game as you can put that straight on the pyramid and therefore be playing your new game and working on the pyramid at the same time lol).

@Arethien I love VN's and while most of the ones I have played have been on pc.  unfortunately in America there are not a lot that manage to get translated and make it out here for us to consume on consoles.  And since I can't read or speak Japanese :( I miss out on some if they don't happen to have english subtitles available for them.  I generally hate following a guide unless I have too or it is the only way to figure out an obscure side quest or hidden content.  I love making notes of what I have seen/choices I have made and playing through a few times to see if I can manage to find the best pathing or quests for myself, that is half the fun am I right?  This one just got frustrating and nothing in the game told me about quacker having flags when it told us the choices and blue text meant we hit a new flag.

@arsenal4life1471 I have met a few women who put their football teams in there names, just generally not for Arsenal fans hehe  I think I have only ever met Male arsenal fans and the only female ones are the GFs or wifes of the people I meet hehe.  I have learned to never mention Arsenal at my works London office or on calls with my coworkers from there lol.  

I would love to also start working on trails of cold steel 3, but then I won't play any of ff15 lol.  So far I have completely fallen in love with the story and characters in the first 2 games and when I was playing them I didn't stop to play anything else.  I will definitely keep that in mind though for my other levels, and I might just go for a playthrough on ff15 and then move on for awhile before I try to plat it as if my memory is correct I wasn't too into the story for ff15 the first time I started it lol.

Edited by Spinacheq
  • Like 1

Update number 4 due to a heavy work schedule it’s taken a while, but. 

Level One

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Finished)

Level Two

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (finished)

Days Gone

Level Three

Knack

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (Platinum)

Vampyr 

Level Four

Hitman Absolution 

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (started)

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 

Witcher 3: Blood And Wine

Level Five

The Order 1886

Battlefield 4

Zombi

Killzone Shadow Fall

Fallout 4

17 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

@FFATMA I feel that telltale games like the wolf among us are the closest i will get to a VN to me they are a little bit extra compared to most VN in my opinion

P.s Hows the Game room getting along :)

Good!  We're having to wait to mount the 85" tvs on the wall, as we're under a lockdown due to covid.  I have 5 different tvs to mount in the new house once they can do it again!  I've been negotiating the design and construction of our giant computer desk and that's slowly coming along.  I'm thinking of building a MAME arcade cabinet for it as well!  Still so much to do in the new house!  

So I'm almost done with prototype but I've played it before so I remember what happens. 

But I want to swap a game out I'm pretty sure. Pathologic 2 is the game. I got batman arkham series with all dlc. Arkham knight was my very first ps4 game I played. Haven't played since. But I wanna swap pathologic for arkham knight and the goal for it will be to platinum it's as well as finish all dlc. Not all trophies but to just beat the one off stories and 4 new bad guys. 

Anyways, Ive already started prototype 2 a little but also far cry 4. I like moving around a lot haha. Should finish prototype 2 quickly tho cause the story is much more interesting. The graphics are much much better too. Gameplay tho is not as deep but still as fun! Will update soon

Edited by freeman4200

So I have made my first official progress in FF15 yesterday.  Despite having played and finished off the stupid comrades dlc before going back to the main story since I have downgrade to an earlier patch. I actually completed chapter 1 yesterday I am now farther into the story than ever before. Is it just me or Noctis a very whiny brat?

lol