A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

On 08/02/2021 at 6:09 PM, Spinacheq said:

Be careful of Tales of Zesteria,  I started my tales adventures on this one as I picked it up cheap on ps4 and I tend to agree with the overall tales community opinion it is the weakest link.  I keep putting it down as it just saps the soul.

Yeah, I guess the game really gotta catch ones attention when they are that long. I don't think I'll jump to another jrpg as soon as I finish, but I'll definitely have my eye on the new game coming. And avoid Zesteria (unless I really fall deeply in love with the series)

So I finished and got my platinum for Detroit: Become Human early this morning.

I held back my posting of this until now, as I needed time to process it all.  I started off loving the game when I played my pacifist playthrough, it felt like a really thought out story and left me wanting more.  So I continued to keep playing to get the platinum and unlock all the paths and story options.  That was when things started to change, I stopped feeling like it was a well done story all throughout and more of one studio's opinion on how they see current events in the world.  Now I did play all my play throughs on casual so I could focus on the story not the QTE's.  The controls were simple enough and the QTE's weren't annoying on this level of game play.  The graphics were very nice and the world looked amazing for being a ps4 game.  After playing through the first time you could chapter select and even check point select in the chapters to try different outcomes, though the problem with this was you couldn't go back to say chapter 3 make a change and then jump to chapter 5 and continue playing knowing that chapter 4 had nothing in it that was optional or would change any outcomes.  you had to play from the chapter you altered all the way to the end.  This got rather tedious and repetitive, and I could not understand why when you started a chapter the system couldn't just check the most flow charts of the previous chapters and adjust accordingly.  The music/soundtrack was excellent as well and helped to play to the scenes unfolding on screen.  Though I have to constantly come back to the story, where there felt like only one 1 outcome that was fully thought out and the rest of them were just here go this is the way we see things and we show you this in more violent and shocking ways.  My recommendation for anyone still wanting to play this or having it on your backlog if you don't care for getting a platinum then definitely play it and do only the pacifist playthrough so you can enjoy the game and put it down fully satisfied.  Over all I give this game a 5/10 rating as the different endings really showed me a side of the studio that made this in an not so pleasing light. 

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa :platinum: (PS4) Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.  

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 :platinum: (PS4) Visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating. 
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4)

LEVEL THREE
inFamous Second Son (PS4)
Record of Agarest war 2 :platinum:(PS3) Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating. 
Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)

Detroit Become Human :platinum: (PS4) great sound, wonderful graphics, multiple endings where only one felt complete 5/10 rating. 
Time and Eternity (PS3)
Thief (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4)

Lost Dimension (PS3)

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4)
Drive Girls (Vita)

Song of Memories (PS4)

The italicized titles are all ones I have started in the past but not more than I would say 20% completed with the main story.

The blue colored titles are visual novel games that I understand some people skip through as fast as possible.  While I have no intention of doing this I completely understand if they don’t count for this and I can replace them with other titles.

For my next game I intend on playing murdered soul suspect as I have had this one on the shelf for a very long time and it about time I unwrapped it and played it.

• Like 2

Alright boys, 

I am going to use 1 switch on the pyramid. What game do you think i should switch, and what game do i switch it for.

LEVEL ONE

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (ps3)

LEVEL TWO

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 (ps4)

Paladins (ps4)

LEVEL THREE

For Honor (ps4)

Ben 10 (ps4)

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Mafia 3 (Ps4)

Ace Attorney (Ps4) 

Doom (Ps4)

Tekken (Ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Rainbow Six Siege (ps4)

Detroit Become Human (ps4)

Kingdom Hearts 3 (ps4) 

My Hero One Justice (ps4)

Crash Bandicoot (ps4)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darkkingyy1 said:

I am going to use 1 switch on the pyramid. What game do you think i should switch, and what game do i switch it for.

what are the options for the games to switch in?  if I had to say one to switch out with knowing if you intend to plat them all, I would say rainbow six siege if you intend to plat them all.

@freeman4200 Keep up the good work!!  I do love a good far cry game :)

@Spinacheq No need to explain about the visual novel I already said as you are playing through them "properly" its all good my end. Well done on the Plat on Detriot become human. I only played through it once and was happy enough with it maybe i will go back to it one day and playthrough it again one day:) I do reckon had you left it after one playtrhough your mark out of 10 would have been higher? Good luck on your next game:) tick that off and that opens up all your pyramid:)

@Darkkingyy1 I agree with @Spinacheq If you are planning on plating every game (not a requirement unless they are multiplayer only) then Rainbow six seige is the one i would switch. Don't get me wrong its a fantastic game but the last few trophies are bastards to get and will take a long time/trail and error just look at my profile i am on like 90% and the 5 flawless ranked games trophy is never happening for me lol. At least with FOr honor there is a sort of story mode so that doesn't count as a multiplayer only so just play through the single player mode and your good to tick it off. Also paladins you look a lot closer to getting the plat so keep that. Crash bandicoot 1 can be super hard towards the end depending on your skill. OVERALL i would say six siege is the best shout to swap out but its up to your :)

4 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

No need to explain about the visual novel I already said as you are playing through them "properly" its all good my end. Well done on the Plat on Detriot become human. I only played through it once and was happy enough with it maybe i will go back to it one day and playthrough it again one day:) I do reckon had you left it after one playtrhough your mark out of 10 would have been higher? Good luck on your next game:) tick that off and that opens up all your pyramid:)

yep would have been 8 or 9 if I had stopped at one playthrough.  I leave the explanation on there as I am too lazy once to do more than clt a, clt c then clt v lol

This is a super cool idea and I'd love to take part but I do have one slight issue I'd like to ask about. In regards to:

4, You may only play two games at once in some circumstances such as a really long 60 hour plus game like red dead 2 as level one or  if you are completing say a level 5 game you can go back and start a level 2 game to help you complete the pyramid

For me, I can't focus on one game at a time unless I REALLY like the game. I just can't keep my attention there! Right now, I'm bouncing between 8 different games because of this xD So I'm wondering, would we be allowed to work around this somehow? If not, I completely understand. In that case, as long as I don't add the other 7 games I'm playing to the pyramid, does the 8th game count if added? 

Hope this isn't too troublesome, the idea is really awesome! ^-^)/

@Annoyingtiger888 I need to re write that rule one day. You can work on  any game at the same time as the others as long as it is "unlocked" of which is done by ticking off (once you have played through the game once for example one playthrough of a cod campaign) I hope that clears it up. As you go along you will be become more free to pick and choose and have multiply games going at once but on level one that is not possible so pick a game you are going to stick at first complete that then move on to level two do one game on that then it unlocks level 3 etc. If i was you/if i was in that situation, I would pick the game you most likely to finish first then the next level put two of the other eight in etc. I hope that kinda clears that up. IF you want to double check your pyramid by me feel free to send a draft via private message on here as im willing to help you out:)

that goes for anyone who is looking to join and want to run there list past me first to make sure it fits

Edited by arsenal4life1471

@Annoyingtiger888 If you want you can look at my pyramid as a little example of what you are talking about, I tend to do the same thing as you and play a lot of games at the same time.  I am working on the route through my pyramid to get to level 5 unlocked, so that I can go back and then play the games that I know will take multiple playthroughs to get the plat.  I can then get the initial playthrough to complete the game and work on the plat on the side while diving into the next game, if that makes sense.

Just now, arsenal4life1471 said:

Getting the platinum is optional of course hence the casual in the name :) no pressure on that every pyramid i have done i think i have max done two platinums on one pyramid lol but others have platinumed every game.

optional on the event, which I love, optional in my head not a chance lol. :)  

• Like 1

@arsenal4life1471 Cool, thanks so much! :D I'm definitely gonna join up then. I also made a little something in Photoshop for the event because I got so excited! I'm not sure if posting the link to the PSD is allowed on the forums or not and to avoid cluttering the thread, feel free to PM me if you would like the PSD for this ^-^)/ I'll be adding a text version like what has been posted in the original post to make it easy and will add and edit the picture under a spoiler, if that's okay~

kBkSjFc.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

@freeman4200 Keep up the good work!!  I do love a good far cry game :)

@Spinacheq No need to explain about the visual novel I already said as you are playing through them "properly" its all good my end. Well done on the Plat on Detriot become human. I only played through it once and was happy enough with it maybe i will go back to it one day and playthrough it again one day:) I do reckon had you left it after one playtrhough your mark out of 10 would have been higher? Good luck on your next game:) tick that off and that opens up all your pyramid:)

@Darkkingyy1 I agree with @Spinacheq If you are planning on plating every game (not a requirement unless they are multiplayer only) then Rainbow six seige is the one i would switch. Don't get me wrong its a fantastic game but the last few trophies are bastards to get and will take a long time/trail and error just look at my profile i am on like 90% and the 5 flawless ranked games trophy is never happening for me lol. At least with FOr honor there is a sort of story mode so that doesn't count as a multiplayer only so just play through the single player mode and your good to tick it off. Also paladins you look a lot closer to getting the plat so keep that. Crash bandicoot 1 can be super hard towards the end depending on your skill. OVERALL i would say six siege is the best shout to swap out but its up to your :)

keep trying man, i have gotten 10 flawless wins over the last few weeks, trust me i suck at the game ut if u keep trying you will findsome carry the team

WOW! @Annoyingtiger888 that looks amazing! You don't have to post like the original post as long as i can understand it its all good :) maybe combine the both as you said. maybe the pic as main and post like my original post in the spoiler. The only other person who put that amount of time into making something was @MikkelEhlers he might be interested in this. I look forward to seeing the finished list :). Just to say multiplayer only games will need to be platinumed to tick of just thought i would say :)

@lucky0ne16 i will one day give another go lol

Here is my list, I will do my best to get these done :D

Challenge Started: Feb 10, 2021 | Challenge Completed: In-Progress

Last Updated: February 10th, 2021

kjAZZwP.png

If there are any issues with my list, please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

Edited by Annoyingtiger888
  • Like 2

@Annoyingtiger888 what a fantastic looking picture you have made (and the list of games isn't to bad either lol.) Good luck with your list remember you can't move on to start a game in the next level until at least doing one in the one above. Would love to know what you thoughts are on greedfall as thats in my backlog to oneday play. Btw when you get to it you got to finish Black flag one of if not the best AC game for sure.

btw Feel free to check out what other people have played and ticked of in this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

and the latest leaderboard: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

(the leaderboard is extra don't feel pressured by that this is a casual event afterall lol)

44 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

@Annoyingtiger888 what a fantastic looking picture you have made (and the list of games isn't to bad either lol.) Good luck with your list remember you can't move on to start a game in the next level until at least doing one in the one above. Would love to know what you thoughts are on greedfall as thats in my backlog to oneday play. Btw when you get to it you got to finish Black flag one of if not the best AC game for sure.

btw Feel free to check out what other people have played and ticked of in this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

and the latest leaderboard: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

(the leaderboard is extra don't feel pressured by that this is a casual event afterall lol)

GreedFall is so much fun, in my opinion! I'm really enjoying the gameplay and the storyline <3 I've even grown attached to the characters, but that's not too unusual for me. I'd highly recommend playing it. As for the trophies, I haven't checked them so I'm not sure how hard the plat is just yet ._.) And yup, I kept that in mind when I made my list! I focused on putting the ones I want to play/finish at the top as opposed to the ones I'm more on the fence about. I'm hoping this challenge motivates me to finally finish these games. It's strange because I like the AC games and Black Flag is definitely fun but I don't know, I can't seem to focus on it for some reason lol

And thanks, I'll check 'em out!

Oh yay new people in this event. Fun fun! Nice looking image ya got there too @Annoyingtiger888. My artistic skills are basically drawing a stick figure and calling it a day, so... ya know. Not much going on for me in that department.

I am still working on MHW trophies and it will take me some time to get that done. Kinda looking forward to completing it because I want to play another game. My goal is to make MHW my #50th plat and I've basically been playing that game since December 20th, 2020 exclusively so it's kinda burning me out a bit... but... trudge on I shall!

@arsenal4life1471 Hmm, now that you mention it, it might just be the sailing that did it because I struggled with it lol I suck at fighting with a ship.

@Sword thank you c: It's just edited in photoshop so it's fairly simple but I'm in the same boat - can't even draw one with a straight line, but hey it gives 'em character! I wish you good luck with MHW, hope you get the plat soon.

• Like 1