A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

LEVEL ONE

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (ps3)

LEVEL TWO

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 (ps4)

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 (ps4) SWAP

LEVEL THREE

For Honor (ps4)

Ben 10 (ps4)

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Mafia 3 (Ps4)

Ace Attorney (Ps4) 

Doom (Ps4)

Tekken (Ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Rainbow Six Siege (ps4)

Detroit Become Human (ps4)

Kingdom Hearts 3 (ps4) 

My Hero One Justice (ps4)

Crash Bandicoot (ps4)

COMPLETED GAMES: 8

PLATED GAMES: 4

TOTAL POINT TALLY (if im not wrong)- 16

Edited by Darkkingyy1
  • Like 2

Small weekly update for me.

no new completed games/platinumed ones.  Been plugging away at Dragon Quest Heroes, almost to the end of the story mode, before the long grind to get everything and yes you have to collect everything in this game.  I do now remember why I put this game down back when it came out.  FRAME RATE.  when the camera follows the character the background frame rate drops to something that hurts my eyes and ends up giving me a headache after an hour or 2 of playing.  This has slowed down my progress on the game as once the head starts hurting I can't play anything else for awhile.  I was going to consider getting the 2nd game, but I might pass if after some research the frame rate with the camera hasn't been fixed.

7 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Small weekly update for me.

no new completed games/platinumed ones.  Been plugging away at Dragon Quest Heroes, almost to the end of the story mode, before the long grind to get everything and yes you have to collect everything in this game.  I do now remember why I put this game down back when it came out.  FRAME RATE.  when the camera follows the character the background frame rate drops to something that hurts my eyes and ends up giving me a headache after an hour or 2 of playing.  This has slowed down my progress on the game as once the head starts hurting I can't play anything else for awhile.  I was going to consider getting the 2nd game, but I might pass if after some research the frame rate with the camera hasn't been fixed.

I've played about 40 hours of the second one so far and I've never experienced anything like that, so you should be good!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Back with another update (finally)

So I finally completed Tales of Vesperia after putting it on the shelf and away for so long. Picked it up on a sale and now I've finally completed it. It's my first Tales of game, so I wasn't quite sure as to what I could expect. I'm having a tough time collecting my thoughts on this game. Some of the things I didn't like about it was how long it felt. I know I've played longer games than this but, damn this felt so long. I managed to fight the (secret) final boss by collecting all the fell arms weapons, which wasn't so hard. The reason the game feels so long is because it is almost constantly stopping, because of cutscenes. I'm the type of person who loves story and learning more about the world, but I think this was a bit too much for me. I didn't skip them, but it just felt a little off. It felt a little repetitive in terms of gameplay, because you fight so much, which is great sometimes, but it means you should take some breaks or prepare to burn out. The problem isn't really the combat or the story, but that there so much of it. When there is combat, there are enemies everywhere, and you almost can't avoid them (And don't get me started on the random sorceress ring effects - a great idea but I don't think it works here.) And when there's story, the cutscenes are pretty long, and they are often followed up immediately after with more cutscenes, and then the cutscenes are followed up with several conversations (Which are optional, but you know I can't just ignore them) The combat started feeling a bit stale, mostly because of the many enemy fights, I started developing mostly on technique and used it over and over. It was really fresh and exciting in the beginning, and I admit this really might be my own fault by setting the combat to easy because I had trouble with some fights in the beginning lol

It felt like the game kept holding your hand. On the one hand, it wouldn't let you do other stuff before you had completed the objectives, and I kinda like that, because too many possibilities can be difficult to comprehend. But it also kept introducing new elements through the whole game. I think it's amazing that such a long game could keep bringing new stuff on the table for so long, but I would imagine that if I were to play another tales of game or if I were to replay this one (as this was my first) That it might feel like a very long and dragged out tutorial. It made some dungeon crawler ideas, for 2 dungeons, and then no more. I'm not really sure of what I think is needed, maybe some more minigames or the like, but I don't really think I can say too much about that, since I mostly did the story and got the "ultimate" weapons. 

Okay rant over. I really did like the game though. Probably won't plat it, since it will require another playthrough (with a guide I think) but I do like the way that the trophies are kind of a challenge on the different bosses. I really really really liked the characters, and the story, until it went all JRPG. I think all the moral ambiguities in the plotline in the start were very interesting especially how you weren't sure how you felt about the main character. I kind of think it was a shame there had to be a giant monster trying to swallow the planet and spirits helping to save, just to make a grand finale. I admit I thought the game was ending by the second act (which was an amazing end (but not a great end for the story)), but that really would have been anticlimactic. I just thought I saw the plot go somewhere else about the different views on life. Yuri with doing what he thinks is right (eventually becoming a bigger guild) and Flynn becoming the commandant. I just think everyone just sort of became friends, which is great and all but that's where I thought the interesting story was happening.

I don't usually write this much on the games I complete but I had very mixed feelings about this one. The combat in general was a great system, I loved the world and traversing it. The towns were unique and memorable and same for the characters. There is just something that is just missing for me but I am very glad I played the game anyway. 

Below you can see the current state of my pyramid, Getting closer and closer to finishing It up

4rCcQiH.png

So the next game Dragon ball - a fighting game. I figured I needed something totally different to clean my pallet. However, I begin to see the problem with my pyramid. The games are too big and difficult. I platinumed most in the beginning but not the later, because I put the larger games in the later category. Not sure what to do after Dragon Ball, might be Salt & Sanctuary, I have been saying that's next for so long, but I'm a little afraid that it's too hard. Though I love a challenge. 

On a whole other note, I learned how much I've been saving up as vacation check, and it looks like getting a ps5 will be plausible when I can pull out those money. I can't wait. Also I feel like I am in a good place for playing games right now. I almost just finished exams, so the next are some time away. Hope you're all doing well if you're still reading this far down lol. 

If any of you played Tales of Vesperia have some thoughts about the game I'd like to discuss it, because I'm afraid my opinions are too based on me completing this game after what feels like a year, and I feel like I would like to nuance my opinion.

On a last note to when I make a new pyramid - Is it allowed to choose games you have completed but not gotten plat, and then go for that (Of course games that are not on previous pyramids was my assumption)? Or should it purely be story? @arsenal4life1471

• Like 2

Welcome back @gazdavis11 its good to see you make some progress :) 20th different scorer on the leaderboard. Just to remind you when you do update can you post the Updated Pyramid please :)

@MikkelEhlers Congrats on pushing through and completing your game :) my tip for the next pyramid don't over load with really long games you need to a balance lol. To answer the question yes if you are allowed as long its not something silly like 98% with a piss easy trophy lol:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Congrats on pushing through and completing your game :) my tip for the next pyramid don't over load with really long games you need to a balance lol. To answer the question yes if you are allowed as long its not something silly like 98% with a piss easy trophy lol:)

Yeah thanks for the tip. I kind of figured though, it's taking me so long hehe. I think the problem is, that it's normally the long games that are in the backlog because it's easier to stick through the short ones. I do have a couple of games like heavy rain and such that I imagine are a lot shorter than the long rpgs that I haven't got around to finishing lol

Anyways nice to know that I can do a game that I would like to revisit and complete - and understandable I'll of course choose some reasonable ones though. I already have a lot of games I've been thinking of adding

Playing through Dragon Ball Xenoverse now, and it's better than I remembered, I just did the first act, so I'm officially at the point where I last stopped (I started a new game this time) It's nice with a fighting game for once, I don't play too many of those but I do really like them - very calming. I am however a bit worried about how the rpg-elements will factor in to the story and if I have to grind levels to continue or anything

TIER 1

Grand Theft Auto 5 100% trophy list

TIER 2

Uncharted Lost Legacy (story)

Red Dead Redemption 2 (story)

TIER 3

South Park : Stick Of Truth (Platinum)

L.A. Noire (story)

Uncharted 2 (remaster, story)

TIER 4

Ace Attorney Trilogy (Platinum)

Uncharted 1 (remaster, story)

Uncharted 3 (remaster, story)

Uncharted 4 : A Thiefs End (Platinum)

TIER 5

Doom Eternal (Story)

Crash Bandicoot 1 (Story)

Crash Bandicoot 2 (Story)

Crash Bandicoot 3 (Story)

Player Unknown battlegrounds (Platinum)

UPDATE #2 :

I just completed my GTA V 100%, with the last trophy earned, being the "Masterminds"-Trophy. Im SO glad and actually a little proud. That was HARD!

Next up, Uncharted - Lost Legacy <3 Hopefully this will be less stressfull :D:D:D

• Like 2

@MikkelEhlers Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is my favorite console game next to Star Ocean: The Last Hope. 

Tales of Vesperia really clicked with me because it was just an adventure of a bunch of people who constantly are in the right place at the wrong time. The music, combat, the cel shading world, the character development, the characters themselves actually having fantastic personalities, the great story (but not too crazy), constantly earning new skills and artes through the story that ramps up combat. I also don't think adding new mechanics through the game is a bad thing. I really don't like games that throw literally everything at you in the first hour and then are stale throughout the rest of your time playing. Or the game just throws wayyyy too much info at you and you spend 30 hours just figuring out what the heck is going on. xD Also during the game you unlock new artes and skills on your weapons, which lets you mix-match different skills for your characters. When I first played, I actually found the beginning of the game to be the most challenging because you don't have many skills or abilities that make you OP. But once I figured out that weapons can unlock skills that you can mix/match, it made me super excited to find the next weapon to see what skill I'd get next.

Another thing I like about Tales of Vesperia (and all Tales games actually) is the post game Grade Shop! When you start a New Game+ using a cleared save file, you can spend the "Grade" you earned in battles for things like 10x exp, transferring all your items, all the data you collected, etc. This makes NG+ runs extremely easy. Also Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition let's you skip nearly all cutscenes (except a few key story ones). Using the Grade Shop and the skipping, I manage to complete my speedrun in under 4 hours achievement/trophy (which requires you to complete the game in under 15 hours).  

I also made it a challenge to unlock every "Secret Mission" before moving onto the next boss without adjusting the difficulty which made some bosses way more difficult and challenging. There's also the option of playing the entire game on Mania mode (or Unknown Mode once you beat the game).

However I agree with you on the dungeon thing. Tales games have really struggled with finding a great dungeon formula that's consistent across a whole game. You'll usually find 1 or 2 interesting dungeons per game but that's about it. I think Tales of Symphonia had the best dungeon design in the whole franchise. Nearly every dungeon in that game had some sort of quirk or interesting mechanic going on that you had to manage while navigating. For example in Symphonia, one of the dungeons had you navigating some fish across different screens by throwing fruit in the water to guide the fish. Except there were also monsters in the water that you needed to get the timing down for or else they'd eat the fish and you had to restart all over. There were other dungeons in Symphonia with interesting mechanics too.

Maybe it was simply the burn out of the cutscenes and the typical JRPGy type of long game time? I know some JRPG's are like 20-30 hours, but Tales game are usually 40-60 hours just for the story and between 100-150 hours for the 100% usually. In my opinion though, I'd rather have a 60 hour good story than a 10 hour story with 40 hours of padded collectable, "do this on the map 1231313131391350 times over and over again" that seems to be the trope of most AAA titles these days.

Edit: I realized that it looks weird not having ToV on my PS profile. All the above comes from my experience playing the original ToV on Xbox 360 and then the Definitive Edition on my Xbox 1. I have the PS4 version of ToV that's been sitting on my shelf since I bought my PS4. I'm waiting on Tales of Arise to come out and then I'm going to play Zesteria, Berseria, Vesperia and Arise back to back lol. 

Edited by Sword
  • Like 1

@Spinacheq Congrats on the platinum and i think the longest game title so far lol Whatever game you do play next i hope you enjoy it :)

@happyrabbit0053 Welcome to the event i hope you have fun :) You got some of my favourites on your list :) Remember you can tick them off once your done with the story. THe platinum is a bonus its up to you whether or not you want to plat these games some people are and others (like me) aren't (well im doing one here and there). ANy question feel free to ask :)

Here is the link to see yours and others progress
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

And here is the current leaderboard

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G6-CwGV7uY7hsjZDKrp-YMy4qtXEr_l8HhjmRYCIs5g/edit#gid=0

Far Cry Primal is done I am one trophy of the platinum but i will come back to it at the end of the pyramid as i want to move on now to a new game:) This game was really good and for a far cry without guns it was surprisingly very good a must play for far cry fans. If you enjoy playing regular far cry games with just the bow and arrow then this game is basically perfect for you. It also leans heavily on hunting of which i normally don't bother with except for the bare minimum in the other main games but this was refreshing to play a far cry in a different way to i normally would. The platinum is fairly easy despite a grind for the skills (of which im going to come back to later). Not sure what else to say really i personally love it so thats the main thing lol. I have also made a little progress on yugioh but next for my main game it will prototype 1 Im hoping this game is good and i hope for it to be ticked off by the end of the weekend fingers crossed. Next month i will be focusing on the last 4 or so games i would like to play on Ea Access before my sub runs out so i really want to open up level 4 before Monday so i can jump in with Need for speed first so i can still progress with my pyramid :) Once i get those Ea games done (two on this list and 3 not on it ) i will go back a get the final trophy for far cry primal!

LEVEL ONE
Kickbeat (PS VITA)

LEVEL TWO
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (PS4)

Far Cry Primal (Ps4)

LEVEL THREE
Plants Vs Zombies (Ps3)

Prototype 1 (PS4)

Yu-gi-oh! Legacy of the duelist (Ps4)

LEVEL FOUR
Destruction All stars (Ps5)
Bugsnax (Ps5)

Need For Speed (Ps4)

Ratchet and Clank 1 (Ps3)

LEVEL FIVE

Resistance 2 (Ps3) 
Ratchet and Clank 2 (Ps3)
Homefront The Revolution (Ps4)

Plants vs zombies Battle For Neighborville (Ps4)

TableTop Racing World Tour (Ps4)

• Like 1

UPDATE

LEVEL ONE

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Remastered (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered (PS4)

LEVEL THREE

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

The Last Of Us Remastered (PS4)

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR

Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PS4)

Just Cause 4  (PS4)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

Dishonored 2 (PS4) 

• Like 3

@Sword

I really agree on you on most of your points. One thing that I really enjoyed that I don't think I mentioned (which you did) is the music. The music in Tales of Vesperia was really good and hit just the right spots for me. One thing I would have liked though were just a few more battle themes, for the normal monsters, maybe based on region? Or maybe not more battle themes but some kind of variation on it like another instrumentation for when they are in forests or at the ice fields by the aer Krene. Like you mention the art style - also one of my big pros I think and loved the characters, and the way that they're not afraid of using humour. The first thing I did with every new character was to dress them up so I could have my very own personal team of weirdos and waifus and I really loved that. I still am a bit conflicted on the combat though and I have been reflecting a bit on it. I definitely think that me tuning the difficulty down has made a lot of these problems, but in another way I don't think that always affect the way that combat works. I have been thinking, and I've come to conclusion that (of course different opinions for everyone) I'd like the combat to have more base combos. I think what I didn't like was that there was basically one main combo, and then a lot of arts (Though you could switch them out) And the way the game makes combat interesting is in all the skills you learn (of which there are so many) and the artes you learn (of which there are also many). However because of the many skills I think I grew a fatigue of them, and the game sort of auto equipped skills if you had enough skill points - so I didn't really look much at the skill screen only once in a while to see if I should change something up (I think however this is a problem that would have been fixed by me playing at a higher difficulty and actually needing to take account for skills) and in many ways I think it was the same for me with the artes. I found that (there's very much a chance that I'm wrong here - so please correct me if I am, also with other stuff) the different artes didn't really have that big of a different damage output. They were pretty cool, but I found my self using many of the same because I didn't feel the need to mix it up, which is probably also because of the difficulty, and maybe also what caused the combat fatigue (ironically)

When it comes to the weapons and enemies though I found that it was very good balanced, and I found myself getting new weapons just as they were done learning skills from them. I loved the mechanic about the surprise attack, where it shuffles your party from the people who are not in the 1-4 spot (except yourself). One thing I think I regret a little is that I basically only played as Yuri, and maybe this is why I'm a little disappointed by the "1 main combo thing" (also because of my fell arms weapons being very weak because of this). I didn't really feel the need to change up, and I don't think I need to repeat myself but maybe because I set the difficulty too low hehe. However the segments where I played as Karol in combat I really didn't like his combat style and maybe I assumed that Yuris was just best and never got around to it. I think it would be cool though if maybe the surprise attack just shuffled your whole party and didn't include Yuri, so you would be forced to play other characters more and find out that they maybe are great to play as. I think maybe the amount of artes were overwhelming, because you had so many characters with each so many artes. I think my problem lie in, that because there is some real time combat (and I played on semi manual - maybe I should have gone manual?) I treated it as kind of an action rpg. Which I don't think it is, and more importantly doesn't try to be. I just like the action, so I think maybe I was expecting something that wasn't really fair of that game

About the new mechanics I am really agreeing with you here. I definitely think that the more time mechanics are being spread out the more interesting the game becomes because there's always new things. I think it was my fatigue speaking here, when I look back and my comment about having it introduced earlier were more in a sense of for example dark souls (yea comparing everything to dark souls) Where the combat is simple, but hard to master or situational, which again is not a fair comparison because it is not necessarily something the game is trying to do, or something that everyone would like. Maybe I should have treated more like kind of turnbased and kind of RTS. 

About the GRADE shop. I did not know this, because I haven't gone to NG+ and I have been wondering what it was through the whole game (and somehow not googled it). However I think that sounds awesome, and now that you're saying this and me thinking that I can just skip the cutscenes it actually makes me consider doing a ng+ run, but now I wonder, the postgame stuff should that be done before ng+? Or is it better to wait until you have GRADE items as well. I think I missed a lot of side quests which I would like to maybe see through

I actually really liked the secret missions, but I noticed too late that it was for all the bosses. So I did not do too much to complete them, because I thought I would have to start from the beginning anyway. Also I didn't want to look too much up for my first playthrough I mostly do it as blind as possible, usually I check if there is anything missable. If a lot is missable I do complete blind because I do not want to work slavically through a guide (I'd rather do ng+ if I feel the incentive) If there are a few missable I will go for them and if nothing is missable I'll also go full blind. But definitely I would focus on these on a second playthrough and I would adjust the difficulty to a more appropriate level, I think I did it because you start from you last save (from what I remember) And I lost some progress. Knowing these things beforehand does a lot of course.

The dungeon things in Symphonia sounds really interesting. Even though the dungeons weren't the best I thought there were some cool mechanics, like the mirrors on the ship, the lights thing in the sewer, the water puzzle before the end of second act is awesome I think. And probably more that I forgot in the negativity. Didn't try the post game dungeons yet except the necropolis thing with so many floors. I liked that simple dungeon layout, but I couldn't find any good way of defeating those pigs or what it was, that could only be damaged by my artes and otherwise got dealt 1 damage

I think I did definitely burn out from the cutscenes and the fact that I wanted complete it but it didn't seem to end. I do agree with you that I'd rather have a long story compared to padded collectables but I do think maybe story was a bit padded (Mostly the conversations not really the cutscenes though they were also long.) For example there were many situations where you had to rest, and you had to go around to all the members and have a talk before sleeping (Though these I really liked because you get the heartfelt moments.) I think generally the combat and the story is where I'm most conflicted. It is a very long story, but there were also a lot of things happening so I am really conflicted. And I liked the characters but did not care much for the adephagos part but mostly because I think the earlier parts were more interesting, which is of course different for everyone. I thought it was so intense the thing about Estelle being unable to heal because of her being who she was and the problem, with the blastia. I liked the spirits, the world building and I think it ruined it a bit for me, that they went for that kind of ending - without spoiling anything - where I think a more sad ending would have been appropriate and made sense and would have made the story more memorable for me at least. But I always think it's difficult discussing story, because there are so many different views on it. 

All in all maybe I was a bit harsh on the game in my little rant, but I definitely am conflicted about some party, which may have some solutions (from myself and my habits) I wrote alongside my complaints. I am definitely considering giving it a chance in the ng+ and trying to mix it up more between the characters and focus on different skills and artes, and maybe I will get much more enjoyment from the combat. Also will definitely go full manual and bump up the difficulty and do those secret missions. Also it was so nice hearing your opinions since it is one of your favourite games. In many ways I can see why it would be you favourite, and it made me reflect on the different aspects in another light where I appreciate more now and almost already giving it another chance. If you're still reading this far down I'm definitely considering trying on tales of Arise when it comes out. But until the if I should pick up another Tales of game what would you recommend? Symphonia? Or something newer?

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE

LEVEL TWO

LEVEL THREE

For Honor (ps4)

Ben 10 (ps4)

LEVEL FOUR
Mafia 3 (Ps4)

Ace Attorney (Ps4) 

Doom (Ps4)

Tekken (Ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Rainbow Six Siege (ps4)

Detroit Become Human (ps4)

Kingdom Hearts 3 (ps4) 

My Hero One Justice (ps4)

Crash Bandicoot (ps4)

COMPLETED GAMES: 9

PLATED GAMES: 4

TOTAL POINT TALLY (if im not wrong)- 17

• Like 2

LEVEL ONE

LEVEL TWO

LEVEL THREE

For Honor (ps4)

Ben 10 (ps4)

LEVEL FOUR
Mafia 3 (Ps4)

Ace Attorney (Ps4) 

Doom (Ps4)

Tekken (Ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Rainbow Six Siege (ps4)