A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

10 hours ago, Barbeqmeister said:

How? I barely managed to get through some of the sections in Normal... 1f648.png

I watch a youtuber named Anthony Caliber and I've adapted some of his strategies.  I can do most sections without dying now.  There's still a few that I struggle with, mainly the open area with all the stores where Ellie is backing you up and the area with the spotlight.  Although I can do both of them fairly safely by hiding and letting the enemies come to me one by one.  Takes a lot longer that way though.  I had never played it before February and it's one of my favorite games now!

So I ended up actually playing way too much of Celeste despite my exams, so that's another game done:

LEVEL 1: 

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 

LEVEL 2:

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4)

Celeste (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 

LEVEL 3:

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4)

Oninaki (PS4)

Sonic Mania (PS4) - Starting Soon

LEVEL 4:

Salt And Sanctuary (PS4)

Bastion (PS4)

Titan Souls (PS4)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4)

LEVEL 5:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4)

Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls (PS4)

Mad Max (PS4)

Hollow Knight (PS4)

So I ended up getting the platinum on Celeste - what an amazing game. I'm really glad I went through this - a bit too hard for my taste though, when taking the b-sides and c-sides. I ended up doing the whole main story without any assist-mode getting as many collectibles as I could find during that, and then I ended up using assist-mode for the b-sides and c-sides (except chapter 1 & 2) - and if there was any clean-up I needed collectable wise, so I could speed through any stage as fast as possible. 

One of the better games I've played in a while definitely - Though I think it's dangerously tempting that at any moment you can turn on assist mode if it's getting too hard when the nature of these kinds of games is to die over and over until you finally push through. 

Next up I had a little trouble deciding since I've been looking forward to all games from level 3 but I went with the (what I think is) the shortest one of all the games on my list. Might change it up and switch it out for another level 3 game since I've never really played a Sonic game before. I know what to expect but I'm not sure if I will enjoy the platforming to the same extend as Celeste which is why I may put off for later. 

Good luck all :)

Edited by MikkelEhlers
  • Like 2

I actually pre-ordered the PS4 Pro Collector's Edition of The Last of Us 2.  I know the PS5 is just around the corner, but my PS4 is a day 1 unit and it's starting to have some issues.  It's lasted a good long time, so I can't complain too much!  Plus, it'll be nice to have a PS4 Pro.  My wife and I have wall-mounted 70" tvs side by side in our gaming room and we like to play multi-player games together, but she lent her PS4 to her mother a while back just so that she can watch Netflix on it.  Good use for a PS4 right?  Once I get the new Pro, I can giver her my old PS4 and we'll be back up and running again!

3 minutes ago, MikkelEhlers said:

So I ended up actually playing way too much of Celeste despite my exams, so that's another game done:

LEVEL 1: 

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 

LEVEL 2:

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4)

Celeste (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 

LEVEL 3:

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4)

Oninaki (PS4)

Sonic Mania (PS4) - Starting Soon

LEVEL 4:

Salt And Sanctuary (PS4)

Bastion (PS4)

Titan Souls (PS4)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4)

LEVEL 5:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4)

Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls (PS4)

Mad Max (PS4)

Hollow Knight (PS4)

So I ended up getting the platinum on Celeste - what an amazing game. I'm really glad I went through this - a bit too hard for my taste though, when taking the b-sides and c-sides. I ended up doing the whole main story without any assist-mode getting as many collectibles as I could find during that, and then I ended up using assist-mode for the b-sides and c-sides (except chapter 1 & 2) - and if there was any clean-up I needed collectable wise, so I could speed through any stage as fast as possible. 

One of the better games I've played in a while definitely - Though I think it's dangerously tempting that at any moment you can turn on assist mode if it's getting too hard when the nature of these kinds of games is to die over and over until you finally push through. 

Next up I had a little trouble deciding since I've been looking forward to all games from level 3 but I went with the (what I think is) the shortest one of all the games on my list. Might change it up and switch it out for another level 3 game since I've never really played a Sonic game before. I know what to expect but I'm not sure if I will enjoy the platforming to the same extend as Celeste which is why I may put off for later. 

Good luck all :)

Nicely done!  I haven't played Celeste yet but I definitely plan to.  I see Diablo III on your list, I only have a few easy but slightly grindy trophies that I've been putting off to plat that game.  Guess I should clean that one up sometime soon!  Other than D3 and a bit of the first Divinity: Original Sin, I haven't played any of the other games on your list.

6 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

Nicely done!  I haven't played Celeste yet but I definitely plan to.  I see Diablo III on your list, I only have a few easy but slightly grindy trophies that I've been putting off to plat that game.  Guess I should clean that one up sometime soon!  Other than D3 and a bit of the first Divinity: Original Sin, I haven't played any of the other games on your list.

You should definitely play Celeste, if you like platformers even just a bit. I think it's a game I'll be recommending to many people for a long time. I have been playing a very short bit also of D3 and Divinity - but for some reason I just fell out of it, so I can't wait to start them. But I think I'll knock some of the shorter games before the longer ones.

I see you got Kingdom Hearts 3 on your list. It's the only game I've played myself except The LEGO games which are always great. I think Kingdom Hearts is one of my (if not the) favourite series and KH3 is really great in my opinion. So you have something to look forward to there at least - as for the other games you have on the list, I'd put many of those on a second pyramid if I had them in my backlog - so much I'd like to play :) Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV comes to mind - I think you're gonna have a great time with your list

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

@FFATMA I’m pretty jealous of your gaming set up. Me and my boyfriend have our TVs set up side by side in the bedroom at the moment and your game room literally sounds like our dream 1f602.png

If I hadn't married a gamer, I'm pretty sure we would have been divorced by now!  ? She's absolutely fantastic!  I bought a Vita a few days ago and preordered the aforementioned PS4 Pro and she didn't bat an eye at my purchases!  It also is really nice to have someone to play local multiplayer with!

3 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

If I hadn't married a gamer, I'm pretty sure we would have been divorced by now!  1f604.png She's absolutely fantastic!  I bought a Vita a few days ago and preordered the aforementioned PS4 Pro and she didn't bat an eye at my purchases!  It also is really nice to have someone to play local multiplayer with!

I feel that ? I love having someone to play games with. I’ve turned my boyfriend into a bit of a trophy hunter too which is fun ? 

What vita games did you grab? I bought mine last year to play during my lunch break so I’m on the look out for more titles to add ?

So far I'm just playing a copy of Final Fantasy Origins, but after an hour I realized there are no trophies for it!  I'm still going to play it because I've been wanting to finish it again for a while now but I'm kind of sad that about the no trophy thing.  I'm definitely going to use it to remote link my PS4 while I'm at work but for Vita games specifically, I'm probably going to go for visual novels and JRPGs, which I've read are kind of the Vita's strengths.  I have nothing specifically in mind quite yet though!

good going mikkel

i have the vita i bought a second hand vita last year a got a few good games with such as walking dead season one etc. also some of my ps3 ps plus games where cross buy such as playstation all stars battle royale BUT the main thing is MY NAME IS MAYO IS CROSS BUY FOR PS4 AND VITA SO TWO PLATINUMS LOL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

good going mikkel

i have the vita i bought a second hand vita last year a got a few good games with such as walking dead season one etc. also some of my ps3 ps plus games where cross buy such as playstation all stars battle royale BUT the main thing is MY NAME IS MAYO IS CROSS BUY FOR PS4 AND VITA SO TWO PLATINUMS LOL.

Cross buy for My Name is Mayo?  Lol, your thumb must have fallen off after doing that twice!

10 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Welcome gaz glad for you to join in with this event. the last of us for me is a must play. I hope you get on well. 

I Must ask what is control as in whats it like?

I keep seeing it and just wondered?

oh btw gaz make sure to follow this page :)

I did do the Last of Us way back when it was released on PS3 but thought I should go through it again before the 2nd one + I haven’t done the DLC for it yet 

• Like 1

Finally finished GTA 4. It took a while, even though I managed to get the under 30 hours "speedrun" trophy by not even speedrunning through the game.

The story was great (and a lot darker than other GTAs) and the gunfights were fine but the driving mechanics are horrible and every one of those chasing missions (there are too many!) were a huge pain. Glad it's over, though I'll soon be returning for the two DLCs..

Next up, Lego Lord of the Rings and Resident Evil 7. Both have been halfway through for a long while so might as well clear them out now

• Like 3

good going Barbeqmeister for getting through that game. your starting to make some gains on that list of yours and with two half finished games up next  you will start getting a  buzz of how many games you ve doen so far since starting it was like that with me after i done a few games the adrenaline kicked and i couldnt wait to move on  to the next game on the ilst.

you can count those gta 4 dlc as games in your next pyramid if you like

10 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

you can count those gta 4 dlc as games in your next pyramid if you like

They already are on level four in the current pyramid, it's the Episodes from Liberty City.

I've got them on a separate disc as a standalone DLC

On 21/05/2020 at 3:18 PM, Barbeqmeister said:

LEVEL ONE

COD Black Ops 3 (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3)

DOOM VFR (PSVR)

LEVEL THREE

Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita)

Spyro the Dragon (PS4)

Resident Evil 7 (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Fallout New Vegas (PS3)

Episodes from Liberty City (PS3)

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (Vita)

Killzone 2 (PS3)

LEVEL FIVE

Uncharted Golden Abyss (Vita)

The Last of Us (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4)

COD World at War (PS3)

The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4)

Finished Lego Lord of the Rings, it was what you'd expect from an older Lego game, though it was significantly downgraded from the PS3 edition

Might plat it one day since it's not too hard but for now I'll move on to finishing off the GTA 4 DLC

• Like 2

well done again! i got a lego game on my list ive only really played the star wars ones as i have got everyone since the original on ps2 they are how i know so much about star wars and helped me understand the star wars story as a kid. good luck with the gta 4 dlc (theres two of them right?). your going to be right on schedule for the last of us part2 at this rate!