A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

@Arethien The combat in force unleashed I&II and fallen order was good just not jedi academy level id say its because academy has alot more saber wielding enemies so the combat was tailored to be mainly saber vs saber where as vast majority of enemies in the other 3 were like stormtroopers or similar enemies, the fights with trilla in fallen order were good but the mechanics just felt more shallow compared to academys, Ive been lucky that i dont get motion sick with the vr, i do walk around alot without realising it though.

level 1

Spiderman miles morales ps5 plat

level 2

wreck fest  ps4 plat 

Crysis 1 ps4 plat

level 3

Cabela's North American Adventures ps3 plat

Up ps3 plat

Saints row the 3rd NorthAmerican version ps4 plat

level 4

wolfenstein the new order german version ps4 plat 

lego super villains eu ps4 plat

wolf among us ps4 plat

Golf with your friends plat

Level 5

Wreckfest ps5 plat

Lego Indiana Jones 2 eu plat ps3 might change later to see if this one has trophies on it

terminator resistance ps5 plat 

Walking dead ps4 plat

bugsnax ps5 plat

i finally did the plat on up ps3 plat game

• Like 2

On 7/5/2021 at 9:06 PM, Arethien said:

It may be just my conclusion, but having read the whole thread here, even before I joined, I think strict pyramid format doesn't work with casual gamers. They tend to derail to other games, clearing them and not getting any praises, not having them in event completed games list, as if they stopped playing games altogether. In the end they just leave, as their pyramid gets over half a year old and games they want to play now have changed. Having no noticeable progress is heavily discouraging, not helping with backlog clear-up.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. I've only cleared a pitiful two games in this challenge, and mostly because I've been permanently derailed by other games I've wanted to play more. Once I got to Tier 3, I realized my pyramid consisted of games I wanted to eventually play, but nothing that required my immediate attention. When I initially made it, I included games I didn't think I'd 100% but still wanted to play; as my focus shifted to earning plats on games I want to play, I realized I lacked motivation to work on my casual pyramid. But this seems to be a me problem, and not due to the event... I do think starting a new event and allowing others to complete their pyramids in this one is/ was probably the best solution. 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 2:57 PM, sindrics said:

@Arethien The combat in force unleashed I&II and fallen order was good just not jedi academy level id say its because academy has alot more saber wielding enemies so the combat was tailored to be mainly saber vs saber where as vast majority of enemies in the other 3 were like stormtroopers or similar enemies, the fights with trilla in fallen order were good but the mechanics just felt more shallow compared to academys, Ive been lucky that i dont get motion sick with the vr, i do walk around alot without realising it though.

I have heard other reviews that said the same thing good to know that is the general feel of the game, sad to know that seemed to be the peak of saber battles so far :( 

Song of Memories is now complete... and with that ends my first pyramid.  Yea!!

Song of Memories is good game, I enjoyed this VN a lot even though yes it had a lot of endings about 24 or 25 all in total. Though the system set up you could jump around from a chart so it really wasn't too bad.  And all the characters true ending were unique enough it kept me reading the whole time.  I would skip the joint part were it was the same no matter the choices.  The music was really good, I wish there had been english voice acting, but I can live with that.  The only part I didn't really care for was the "action rhythm" battle games.  At least you could skip for an auto win or set it it auto hit. lol.  7/10 rating.

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa (PS4) :platinum: Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 (PS4) :platinum: visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4) :platinum: Excellent story, fun game play, intriguing and lovable characters.  9/10 rating.

LEVEL THREE
inFamous Second Son (PS4) :platinum: 8/10 rating.
Record of Agarest war 2 (PS3)  :platinum: Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating.
Eiyuu Senki – The World Conquest 
(PS3) :platinum: Fun Grid-based game with cute graphics and addictive strategy battle system.  6/10 rating.

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)  :platinum: Decent game, nothing super stands out about it.  6/10 rating.

Detroit Become Human (PS4) :platinum: great sound, wonderful graphics, multiple endings where only one felt complete 5/10 rating.
Time and Eternity (PS3) :platinum: good character animation, but only 4 animations that felt weird and wrong.  4/10 rating.

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (Vita) :platinum: Great game, fun cross between a lite visual novel and an idol producer game.  Sound/music was fun and energetic.  8/10 rating.

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4) :platinum: 6/10 rating.

Lost Dimension (PS3) :platinum: 7/10 rating.

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4) :platinum: Fun and interesting story, little too much on collectables 8/10 rating.
Drive Girls (Vita) :platinum: Started out good, finished repetitively. Felt like it had more potential 4/10 rating.

Song of Memories (PS4) :platinum: Fun VN with great music and nice flow chart for getting all the endings. 7/10 rating.

With this platinum I should be at 50pts. (45 for 15 platinum games, + 5 for full pyramid complete.)

Here is my next pyramid had it ready to go.. hehe.

LEVEL ONE
Deponia (PS4)

LEVEL TWO
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) 
Y's VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (PS4)

LEVEL THREE
Chaos on Deponia (PS4) 
Persona 5 (PS4) 

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Sakura Wars (PS4)

Syberia 3 (PS4) 
Fairy Tail (PS4) 

Beast Quest (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE
The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)

The Saboteur (PS3)

Thief (PS4) 
Back to the Future: The Game (Disc Version) (PS3) 

Deponia Doomsday (PS4)

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PRYAMID guide you to success.

HI all, 

Big update form me.  Been busy with games and work so I didn't get a chance to update as things got finished.  Completed 3 games in this order:  Deplonia, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, and Chaos on Deponia.  All plats as well that is just what I compelled to do ?.  Hehe.  Deponia, and Chaos on Deponia were fun games with lots of humor in them.  Fun puzzles and nice graphics.  Controls seemed a little ehh, but they are point and click games with a ps4 controller so yeah never going to be perfect.  Everybody's Gone To The Rapture was a nice story, but the plat was torture as you moved slowed most of the time and walking around the map as a slow walk for good portion is like bang, bullet to the brain.

LEVEL ONE
Deponia (PS4) :platinum: 

LEVEL TWO
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) :platinum:  

LEVEL THREE
Chaos on Deponia (PS4) :platinum: 
Persona 5 (PS4) 

LEVEL FOUR
Sakura Wars (PS4)

Syberia 3 (PS4) 
Fairy Tail (PS4) 

Beast Quest (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE

The Saboteur (PS3)

Thief (PS4) 

Deponia Doomsday (PS4)

This should put me at 59 pts.

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PRYAMID guide you to success.

• Like 2

It's been a couple of months but I've finally completed another game on my pyramid. Borderlands 3 is what I decided to finish up even though I'm not entirely sure I'm going to plat this game just yet. What I do know for sure is I'm definitely NOT going to 100% lol. There's a shitload of dlc packs for this game and it would cost another like $60-$70 just to buy them all. I'm still having fun with it atm so I'll probably keep playing it for a bit to up the completion percentage. 

Spoiler

Level 1

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning :platinum: (100%)

Level 2

Call of Cthulhu :platinum: (100%)

Severed (Vita)  :platinum: (100%)

Level 3

MediEvil :platinum: (100%)

GreedFall (PS5)

Dragon's Crown (Vita) (30%)

Level 4

Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5) :platinum: (100%)

Far Cry 3: Classic Edition :platinum: (100%)

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5) (80%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (Vita) (There's 2 games in this collection so I'm counting them separately) :platinum: (100%)

Level 5

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5) (47%)

Borderlands 3 (26%)

The Division 2 (14%)

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider :platinum: (100%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita) (100%) (100%)

• Like 2

Another one complete for me.  Beast Quest was a nice change of pace though I can't say it was a great game it was simple and easy to play.  It was super nice to not have to worry about collectables and guides to figure out quests.  I could wonder around and just explore.  Of course if I had used a guide I would have finished the game in under 10 hours so I am glad I took my time and found things naturally even if I got lost in the one maze area.  I just wish they had done a little more QA work as there was some simple to find bugs that didn't break the game but just should have been addressed.

LEVEL ONE
Deponia (PS4) :platinum: 

LEVEL TWO
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) :platinum:  

LEVEL THREE
Chaos on Deponia (PS4) :platinum: 
Persona 5 (PS4) 

LEVEL FOUR
Sakura Wars (PS4)

Syberia 3 (PS4) 
Fairy Tail (PS4) 

Beast Quest (PS4) :platinum: 

LEVEL FIVE

The Saboteur (PS3)

Thief (PS4) 

Deponia Doomsday (PS4)

This should put me at 62 pts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

level 1

level 2

wreck fest  ps4 plat 

Crysis 1 ps4 plat

level 3

Up ps3 plat

level 4

wolf among us ps4 plat

Level 5

Wreckfest ps5 plat

Lego Indiana Jones 2 eu plat ps3 might change later to see if this one has trophies on it

Walking dead ps4 plat

bugsnax ps5 plat

i finally did the plat on up ps3 plat game

finally decided to come on here and mark a game off, been not in a gaming mood for some reason

Quick update after a long time away it seems.

I have completed 2 more games on my list I should be a lot farther, but thanks to moving in the beginning of September, I have been busy packing so I might not be around as much until we are in place.  

Back to the Future the Game (PS3) :platinum: = decent game, the animation left something to be desired, the characters just seemed weird as they moved.  Though the voice acting was good.  I give the game a rating of 5/10.

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4) :platinum: = This was a pure pleasure game for me.  It had a silly story and was a fun run and gun water gun shooter.  It was great silly game with nice graphics, the action and gameplay was well balanced and easy to grasp.  The music was catchy and enjoyable.  The collectables not too overboard at least for the trophies and not much of a grind over all to do everything.  Overall it was a fun enjoyable laid back game that I didn't need to worry about walkthroughs after completing the main story arc.  I could pick it up play for an hour or 3 and then put it back down just as easy.  Overall rating 8/10.

LEVEL ONE
Deponia (PS4) :platinum: 

LEVEL TWO
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) :platinum:  

LEVEL THREE
Chaos on Deponia (PS4) :platinum: 
Persona 5 (PS4) 

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4) :platinum: 

LEVEL FOUR
Sakura Wars (PS4)

Syberia 3 (PS4) 
Fairy Tail (PS4) 

Beast Quest (PS4) :platinum: 

LEVEL FIVE

The Saboteur (PS3)

Thief (PS4) 
Back to the Future: The Game (Disc Version) (PS3) :platinum:  
Deponia Doomsday (PS4)

This should put me at 68 pts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

level 1

level 2

wreck fest  ps4 plat 

Crysis 1 ps4 plat

level 3

Up ps3 plat

level 4

wolf among us ps4 plat

Level 5

Wreckfest ps5 plat

Walking dead ps4 plat

bugsnax ps5 plat

finally, get to update, i knocked out two plats, been forever. been busy working on call of duty plats

Edited by lucky0ne16

cough

HI everyone sorry for being absent for about 4 months but i just been having a rest from gaming over the summer and only playing multiplayer games etc but will get back to it soon.

I have some news. The winner of the year will no longer be winning a voucher now. You will be known as the casual backlog champion 2021 instead (if anyone wants to design a winners badge feel free and message me it haha)
I know this is not as good but MY situation has changed etc and now can't justify giving a way money haha I will be updating the leaderboards etc over next week or two. Congrats on all the game completions etc. I will let everyone know when the leader board is back up to date

This event is continuing and i will be getting back on the horse soon but until then...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

cough

HI everyone sorry for being absent for about 4 months but i just been having a rest from gaming over the summer and only playing multiplayer games etc but will get back to it soon.

I have some news. The winner of the year will no longer be winning a voucher now. You will be known as the casual backlog champion 2021 instead (if anyone wants to design a winners badge feel free and message me it haha)
I know this is not as good but MY situation has changed etc and now can't justify giving a way money haha I will be updating the leaderboards etc over next week or two. Congrats on all the game completions etc. I will let everyone know when the leader board is back up to date

This event is continuing and i will be getting back on the horse soon but until then...

Great to see you back!  

Change of plan the thought of going back through 5 months of posts i just can't be asked with that lol. The event is still going on but i will no longer be updating the leaderboard. This may upset some but also be good for others as from what i have read some people have gone of track mad new pyramids without finishing the last ones and complaining about the scores so To make it more casual again there is no more leaderboard For the foreseeable future. By all means keep updating this with your journeys as its to great interest to many but i just don't want to sink anymore time into the leaderboards keeping tabs etc. I hope this ok the rules still stand and i hope it gives structure to your pyramids.

Another reason is if i do go on a hiatus i can just slip back in without having to do a tonne of work to catch everything up. I hope this is ok if not well sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back in the game and finally got gta v of my list its been there for ages just couldn't get in to it before but this got it done its alright game but i rather Red dead Redemption by far. I don't care if they never make a gta again to be honest lol they can milk gta v and there boring online mode as long as they want haha.

my favourite rockstar games

1 Red dead redemption

2 Red dead redempition 2

3 Bully

4 Gta v

LEVEL ONE
Kickbeat (PS3)

LEVEL TWO

Heavy Weapon (PS3)
Infamous 2 (PS3)

LEVEL THREE

Peggle (PS3)
Batman Arkham Asylum (PS4)
Judgement (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR

Mafia 2 Definitive Edition(PS4)
GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (PS3)
Brothers In Arms Hells Highway (PS3)
The Walking Dead Michonne  (PS3)

LEVEL FIVE

Spec Ops the Line (PS3)
Homefront The Revolution Dlc (PS4)
Infamous Festival of blood (PS3)
Mirrors Edge (PS3)
GTA V (PS3)

Im going to focus on physical ps3 games on and off this list for this month as my ps3 disc drive is slowly dieing. Next game will be either finishing brothers in arms or mirrors edge.

• Like 2

Another game ticked off this time it was brothers in arms

Good game although a little clunky nowadays worth a playthrough though for ww2 fans

LEVEL ONE
Kickbeat (PS3)

LEVEL TWO

Heavy Weapon (PS3)
Infamous 2 (PS3)

LEVEL THREE

Peggle (PS3)
Judgement (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR

LEVEL FIVE

Spec Ops the Line (PS3)
Mirrors Edge (PS3)
GTA V (PS3)

Next game i will play is mirrors edge my last ps3 game i have at the moment that does not have trophies

• Like 2

MIrrors edge done. How was this game a cult classic i don't know clunky and infuriating with a shit story. Having played the second game that improves on this in every way going back to this is jarring and i am so glad i didn't play this first as i probably would  not have played the Catalyst of which i thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay far less frustrating how people dislike it over the first baffles me.

LEVEL ONE
Kickbeat (PS3)

LEVEL TWO

Heavy Weapon (PS3)
Infamous 2 (PS3)

LEVEL THREE

Peggle (PS3)
Judgement (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR

LEVEL FIVE

Spec Ops the Line (PS3)
Mirrors Edge (PS3)
GTA V (PS3)

Another Ps3 game next but i will wait a few days before starting probably.

• Like 1

Just completed one on my list.  Been awhile but I guess moving will do that to your game play time. :) .  Finished Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana on PS4.  Fun game, good story, but the second playthough on nightmare was not as much fun.  overall a good play if you don't care about the plat. 

LEVEL ONE
Deponia (PS4)

LEVEL TWO
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) 

LEVEL THREE
Chaos on Deponia (PS4) 
Persona 5 (PS4) 

LEVEL FOUR
Sakura Wars (PS4)

Syberia 3 (PS4) 
Fairy Tail (PS4) 

Beast Quest (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)

The Saboteur (PS3)

Thief (PS4) 
Deponia Doomsday (PS4)

On 26/10/2021 at 7:13 AM, Spinacheq said:

i don't think anyone knows how it was one.

it got great reviews aswell i can see why as its something completely different compared to games of the time but man going back to it after catalyst refined the parkour is very annoying. BUT don't get me wrong i enjoyed some of it

Nice one on getting another game done.