A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

11 hours ago, FFATMA said:

Wow, arsenal has zero trophies since May 1st and no comments since May 2nd.  Now I'm really getting concerned about them!  

i know right, i am worried about him, seems kinda odd that he don't respond to messages or anything, someone says he is playing soccer on his account but wont reply 

Edited by lucky0ne16
  • Like 1

I've decided that in order to actually proceed in this event, I'm going to have to restart from scratch.  I've completely shifted my focus on what games I want to play and I've found that the games I originally put on the pyramid aren't games I'm really interested in at this time.  So here's the new pyramid:

Tier 1
Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS4
Tier 2
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Final Fantasy Intergrade
Tier 3
Mass Effect 
Mass Effect 2
Wreckfest
Tier 4
Returnal
Captain Tsubasa
Cyberpunk 2077
Nioh 
Tier 5
World of Final Fantasy
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Ratchett & Clank: A Rift Apart
Maneater
Oddworld: Soulstorm

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FFATMA said:

I've decided that in order to actually proceed in this event, I'm going to have to restart from scratch.  I've completely shifted my focus on what games I want to play and I've found that the games I originally put on the pyramid aren't games I'm really interested in at this time.  So here's the new pyramid:

Good luck with your new pyramid! Hope you'll make some easier progress on this one. It has a lot of games I'd like to play myself, and some I've played. Nioh I really fell in love with

• Like 1

Level 1:

Freedom Wars

Level 2:

Soul Sacrifice

Nier

Level 3:

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed Vita

Gris

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3

Level 4:

Dragon's Crown

LittleBigPlanet Vita

Awakened Fate Ultimatum

Watch Dogs

Level 5:

Toukiden Kiwami

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Battle Princess of Arcadia

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Finished level 1, but I'm concentrating on games I got from the library that I always wanted to play, which unfortunately aren't on the pyramid. I hope to get back to it at the end of June. I have popped in to see if LBP vita's servers were back on. It's not; it's a real shame as I'm only 1 online trophy away from getting 100% in the future. By the way, does anyone have any tips to the dlc game with the airship? The controls are weird, and it's been a long time since I've played it. I can't even complete the first mission.

• Like 3

Wow I haven't made an update on this topic in forever it feels.  I don't have a new game complete yet, last few weeks have been very heavy with work and Trails of Cold Steel 3 has been a very fun, enjoyable but long ride, I think I am getting close to completing my first playthrough then I will need to do a hard mode run and maybe a little clean up.  I am also working on Darksiders since it is on my list here, and hoping to us it as my 74th plat so cold steel 3 can be the 75th one.  :)  

I miss seeing the updates from @arsenal4life1471 and I hope he is doing ok.  I still look forward to see everyone's progress here.  I hope to have a game crossed off my list by the end of the week/early next week.

• Like 4

Hey all! 

So I was originally playing NieR Replicant and until now it has been really good. I completed up until about the point of no return for the game, and went back to do some side quests etc. While I was waiting for my plants to grow on my farm for the last side quest I started playing Black Mirror in the meantime. And in that night (yesterday) taking about 4-5 hours I completed it and got the platinum. This is pretty funny imo that I can get a platinum in a game while I'm waiting for the plants to grow in the other. So Black Mirror is beaten with platinum! I thought it was pretty short, but shorter than I imagined, which is great because it filled it's purpose perfectly. On to the rating of course:

Gameplay - It was kind of a horror game mixed with an adventure game. The story was definitely in focus here and here and not the gameplay. If you can't play a game without action then this isn't for you, however it is really good at capturing an atmosphere and it even got my a few scares (not that it's difficult to scare me lol). It's pretty standard procedure with your inventory that has all the stuff you collect and the puzzle is where you use the different items etc. The horror elements come from the story, vibe and scary characters. I did really like the puzzles though, there weren't too many and they were different, and a good thing there was a quest log or else I would have ended up not going anywhere lol. I used a guide some places for some of the missable stuff, just to make sure I didn't progress too far to do something, so I would have to replay. However, in the later acts I think it got a little confusing where I should go, so I started using a guide, and focused on only the story. I did not like the visions in the game. I don't know why they have to push sections in where you can die in this game. I only died once, but it felt so cheap the way it works, because it's if you get too close to the ghosts while they are acting out. Then there were this "calming" mini game, which I think was pretty pointless, but not bad. I didn't fail it once so I don't know what happens if you fail, but I know you don't die if you fail. This game doesn't need something that could kill you, it works well without and I think it ruined it a bit adding stuff that could kill for no real reason. It felt like being there because someone said "is it really a video game if you can't die?" I really think it had enough in it's own mechanics, even though I do like they are trying to innovate on the genre. But it should have been more well thought out. 

Story - I love the British gothic horror. It is amusing and disturbing. The unnatural elements I weren't a fan of, but I love the family feud there is going on. This curse between this family, and all the mysteries, deaths and murders there have been within the family. You want to know more. And it is definitely because the characters are so great all of them! You don't trust any of them and you're almost afraid of just talking to them in broad daylight. And I just think they twist the characters all the right ways. Give this game a chance just to experience those characters. Even if you hate puzzles use a guide or something, because they are amazing and so well designed. The characters are really the story here, and the main characters powers are also very interesting. I won't spoil too much, so you all can have a chance to experience it. It is short - really a game you can play in a day with a friend or alone an evening night instead of movies etc. 

Music - The music for me wasn't that memorable, but I think that is mainly because I played it so late a night and I had it turned down (not all the way obviously - wanted to hear the character dialogue etc.). But listening to the soundtrack a bit on YouTube really is amazing. It hits all the right vibes. I gives those creepy manor vibes, mysterious orchestral music with dissonant harmonies. And then a bagpipe because I lied and it's actually Scotland that gives it this Gaelic sound which is a thing that is featured in the game also (the Gaelic). Another reason I don't really remember the music is, it's mostly ambient to create that creepy manor vibe. It's not gonna be your favourite soundtrack but you can give it listen on YouTube to get a feel for the atmosphere that is also throughout the game. 

Presentation - It's from 2017 and a reboot for the original Black Mirror games that I do not know anything of. I doesn't look the greatest. It kind of looks like a ps3 game. It lacks (a lot sometimes especially outside). Sometimes it's really dark, and I didn't find an option to make it brighter (although I didn't look so thoroughly). So graphic wise it is a bit off. The art style is great though and I do like the character and item models. You can really see their emotions which is so important to make characters feel this alive. It crashed once but quick saves are great, so no problem really, just annoying. The walking and running is also very inconsistent. It has this resident evil / devil may cry camera thing, where the camera has a specific angle for every room and different part of rooms, which works cool. And then I don't know why the load screens are so long. Here it is stupid that all the rooms are separated by load screens and they take too long. Apparently it was worse before the patch. It is also I reason I switched to guide later, because it was exhausting to keep seeing the loading screen when you don't know where to go and you're going back and forth.

Creativity - I didn't really find it particularly creative. It was all in the mansion, which is cool but definitely seen before. The visions are a good idea but handled poorly I think. They could really have been cool. I really liked it as a power, because you could use it to confront people with what they've done without having to pick up tons of evidence, which is great because more stuff can happen. But he also knows he's crazy seeing visions, so he doesn't spill it all because he doesn't want to go the asylum. Creative story and ideas definitely. 

Fun Factor - I don't really think the game has much replay value. It's not a game I would play again because it's fun, the story is super interesting but I don't think there are enough puzzles or new stuff to keep me going. It's short so you could easily do another playthrough, but there is little reason other than to find optional collectables, which for me in this instance isn't enough. Especially without some kind of chapter select. It's a game that you should experience the one time, and that's enough thankfully. It's a good one-time playthrough.

X-criteria - I don't think the games does anything special in particular. It had a good idea with the visions, but it became these cut off experiences that were used better as dialogue evidence after the specific scenes. It was a cool way to inspect the scene while it was unfolding, instead of making it like flashes when you find an item or a cutscene. It puts you in the action, but it didn't really work that well. I think they succeeded with a great story, but I don't know if it's the same concept as the original trilogy. 

Platinum - The platinum is sweet and easy. Maybe it could have included to get the collectables, like the game should have a chapter select. I am glad that it was easy, they were all story related except a few missable, where some where just too easy to miss. And for the rest I used a guide, so I'm not a 100% sure how easy they would have been. I imagine, that if you know the requirement and you have played it through once, you would almost immediately know most of them. I think there is a missed opportunity for some puns based on the lines the characters are saying. Maybe trigger specific responses etc. Never complaining on an easy plat though. Just as easy as the game, and that's a relief as some of the latest I have done have been kind of grindy. So definitely thumps up here.

Overall - Overall I think this game falls a bit short. It has some very good qualities like the characters, the atmosphere and it being an easy and short game/plat. Maybe I would have liked it more without the guide I used, so I could have struggled a bit more on where to go, but I also think that would have been very frustrating with the long loading screens. Also the lag that happens in some area does annoy me. I think the game tries to do a lot of things, but none of them really hits the head. I think it had a lot of potential, and with some more time to polish all the parts and mechanics so it would run better and be more fun, it could have been a very great game. Perfect length, vibe/atmosphere and I, as I have said many times now, love love love the characters. 

6.5/10 - Short and creepy

6.5 is not a bad score for me. I wouldn't say you have to play it, but I think if some of the things I said that I liked seem interesting to you, then I will recommend. I guess I didn't really have much expectation for this, and it surprised me on some of the aspects where the other aspects were kind of neutral / unpolished. It was a reboot, but I can't imagine it did very well (didn't check the critic scores), but I think I can safely say there probably won't be another one. Maybe someday I will go back and explore the original trilogy to see what it's all about. I don't play many adventure games, but they are really relaxing, I just always get stuck and then I resort to a guide because it can be so random it seems where you have to go.

Thanks for reading this far if you're still reading. I have question, did anyone play the original Black Mirror games? Or this one? And what are your thoughts, because I can't really compare to something I don't know that well.

Below you can see the pyramid:

H81ibCw.png

Now I'm going back NieR Replicant. I just finished my first playthrough almost and I'm good into the grind for postgame etc. I think I'll be doing an update on NieR when I am totally done with it, but right now I don't feel like I completed it, because I only got one ending and it sends you back to complete it again with different cutscenes. So I'll wait on the update. I feel like I have been making a good pyramid because this is going a lot faster than last time. Or maybe I'm just playing more idk. 

I think the next one after NieR will be What Remains of Edith Finch, I can't wait for this, it's definitely exciting to me. Maybe I will start this if some of the grinding in NieR gets too much, because there is a lot. However, I am close to done. Maybe it'll be Beyond: Two Souls. I'll definitely be saving Trials for later, when I need a palate cleanser.

Hope you're all doing well on your pyramids! Do you have summer vacations or anything of the like soon? So you can play more games, or maybe you have other plans?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Wow I haven't made an update on this topic in forever it feels.  I don't have a new game complete yet, last few weeks have been very heavy with work and Trails of Cold Steel 3 has been a very fun, enjoyable but long ride, I think I am getting close to completing my first playthrough then I will need to do a hard mode run and maybe a little clean up.  I am also working on Darksiders since it is on my list here, and hoping to us it as my 74th plat so cold steel 3 can be the 75th one.  :)  

I miss seeing the updates from @arsenal4life1471 and I hope he is doing ok.  I still look forward to see everyone's progress here.  I hope to have a game crossed off my list by the end of the week/early next week.

i am working on crysis 1

• Like 1

It's been awhile for me. Borderlands Is one of my favorite series and it's hard to stop playing. I beat borderlands 2 but none of the dlc since I did new game plus and the dlc are level 50 probably instead of 30 like in the first playthrough. 

Anyways, I'm about to stop faith in far cry 5, then one more to get all bunker keys...I need to start playing sleeping dogs again cause it's been downloaded since I bought it but haven't played it for a while. 

Idk if I wanna plat borderlands 2 but it would be cool to plat all four games. It's been busy for me too so I havent been playing much. Probably is what's going on with arsenal. I am playing many other games tho not on the list. Subnautica, soma, remnant, and I'm playing binding of Isaac during some point in the day. I'm so close to the plat for binding of Isaac, and the 100%. Just need to unlock the forgotten and start getting his unlocks. Keeper is Halfway done, mega satan and delirium and Issac are done so really only hush and boss rush are what's gonna be hard. 

I'll update again much sooner and have an updated list. Hope everyone is staying cool! Getting fucking hot up in here. 100 degree heat already where I'm at.

• Like 3

level 1

Spiderman miles morales ps5 plat

level 2

wreck fest  ps4 plat 

Crysis 1 ps4 plat

level 3

Cabela's North American Adventures ps3 plat

Up ps3 plat

Saints row the 3rd NorthAmerican version ps4 plat

level 4

wolfenstein the new order german version ps4 plat 

lego super villains eu ps4 plat

wolf among us ps4 plat

Golf with your friends plat

Level 5

Wreckfest ps5 plat

Lego Indiana Jones 2 eu plat ps3 might change later to see if this one has trophies on it

terminator resistance ps5 plat 

Walking dead ps4 plat

bugsnax ps5 plat

both wreck fest and Crysis is plat, i believe i am at 79 points now, i did some changes to my list 

Edited by lucky0ne16
  • Like 2

I am really worried about him now.  Hasn't earned a trophy in nearly 2 months. I sent messages to him on here. I hope he didn't hurt himself or anything.  This group has grown close to each other and supporting each other on our games. Has anyone had luck reaching out to him. Its normal to take a break from gaming buy a month and half is really concerning 

• Like 1

Tier 1
Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS4  Got the platinum for this one!
Tier 2
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Final Fantasy Intergrade Did my first run of this, finished the story but I think I'm going to go back and try to get the rest of the trophies, including the ones I missed in the main game.
Tier 3
Mass Effect 
Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart
Wreckfest
Tier 4
Returnal
Captain Tsubasa
Cyberpunk 2077
Nioh 
Tier 5
World of Final Fantasy
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Maneater
Oddworld: Soulstorm

Mass Effect 2

Look at that, started a new pyramid and I've already knocked off 2 of the games already!  Working on Ratchet & Clank now, what a great game so far!

• Like 2

Been awhile since my last update here,  it has been a "fun" first half of June.  My workload double for a bit there, and has now settled back down.  Funny how when your company's customers want to rush projects to completion then realize oh wait nothing is right cause we didn't properly test this 3rd party integration, and then projects get delayed by 2 weeks lol.  Also my first playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel 3 took me longer than I was expecting it to initially.  I have according to my save file 140 hours.  I did spend a few hours grinding some levels more than I needed to beat the boss, as this is the first entry in the series were levels will carry over to a new game + playthrough.  So I wanted to make my hard mode as easy as possible so I buffed my main team a little bit.  I then spent all last week on darksiders, which is now complete and I am glad it can go back to the vault.  

Darksiders: wasn't a bad game, but wasn't a great game.  I remember being in awe and couldn't wait for it to come out back in 2010.  I even did the preorder to get the War figurine from Best Buy only to have them mess it up and about half of the people who pre-ordered never got the figure, myself included.  If I remember correctly only about 1/3th of my friends got it.  The controls aren't too bad for an 11 year old game.  The music was definitely theme appropriate and not too bad, but would tend to be a little too quiet even on max setting.  The first half of the game felt it got all the love and attention and the second half kind of just rushed to completion.  By this I mean, not as many puzzles in the dungeons, or hidden chests.  The enemies at this point lacked variety and just seemed reskinned, or rather change the flame color, of the first half.  You got powers that by the time you unlocked them had no point to them and you might never use them.  Over all I would say give this game a play if you are curious, but the plat isn't necessary if you don't have to get it.  I gave the overall for this game a 6/10 rating.

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa (PS4) :platinum: Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 (PS4) :platinum: visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4)

LEVEL THREE
inFamous Second Son (PS4) :platinum: 8/10 rating.
Record of Agarest war 2 (PS3)  :platinum: Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating.
Eiyuu Senki – The World Conquest
(PS3)

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)  :platinum: Decent game, nothing super stands out about it.  6/10 rating.

Detroit Become Human (PS4) :platinum: great sound, wonderful graphics, multiple endings where only one felt complete 5/10 rating.
Time and Eternity (PS3)

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (Vita) :platinum: Great game, fun cross between a lite visual novel and an idol producer game.  Sound/music was fun and energetic.  8/10 rating.

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4) :platinum: 6/10 rating.

Lost Dimension (PS3) :platinum: 7/10 rating.

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4) :platinum: Fun and interesting story, little too much on collectables 8/10 rating.
Drive Girls (Vita) :platinum: Started out good, finished repetitively. Felt like it had more potential 4/10 rating.

Song of Memories (PS4)

This platinum should put me at 33 pts.

I am hoping to get ToCS3 completed this week, since work has died down a bit.  Then on to TIme and Eternity and Eiyuu Senki both digital downloads on my ps3, so it will stay hooked up to the big tv as it is more comfortable to sit on the couch an at my desk, not that my dx racer is uncomfortable, just I spend enough time there already for work hehe.  Both of the games are listed as about 30 hours a piece for plats so I am hoping to get one done by the end of the month.  we will see....  lol.  

I am still worried about @arsenal4life1471 since it seems no one has seen him for awhile.  I hope all is well and he is just busy or playing a switch.  I will keep plugging along and wish him a safe return.

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PRYAMID guide you to success.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2021 at 2:52 PM, Spinacheq said:

Been awhile since my last update here,  it has been a "fun" first half of June.  My workload double for a bit there, and has now settled back down.  Funny how when your company's customers want to rush projects to completion then realize oh wait nothing is right cause we didn't properly test this 3rd party integration, and then projects get delayed by 2 weeks lol.  Also my first playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel 3 took me longer than I was expecting it to initially.  I have according to my save file 140 hours.  I did spend a few hours grinding some levels more than I needed to beat the boss, as this is the first entry in the series were levels will carry over to a new game + playthrough.  So I wanted to make my hard mode as easy as possible so I buffed my main team a little bit.  I then spent all last week on darksiders, which is now complete and I am glad it can go back to the vault.  

Darksiders: wasn't a bad game, but wasn't a great game.  I remember being in awe and couldn't wait for it to come out back in 2010.  I even did the preorder to get the War figurine from Best Buy only to have them mess it up and about half of the people who pre-ordered never got the figure, myself included.  If I remember correctly only about 1/3th of my friends got it.  The controls aren't too bad for an 11 year old game.  The music was definitely theme appropriate and not too bad, but would tend to be a little too quiet even on max setting.  The first half of the game felt it got all the love and attention and the second half kind of just rushed to completion.  By this I mean, not as many puzzles in the dungeons, or hidden chests.  The enemies at this point lacked variety and just seemed reskinned, or rather change the flame color, of the first half.  You got powers that by the time you unlocked them had no point to them and you might never use them.  Over all I would say give this game a play if you are curious, but the plat isn't necessary if you don't have to get it.  I gave the overall for this game a 6/10 rating.

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa (PS4) :platinum: Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 (PS4) :platinum: visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4)

LEVEL THREE
Record of Agarest war 2 (PS3)  :platinum: Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating.
(PS3)

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)  :platinum: Decent game, nothing super stands out about it.  6/10 rating.

Detroit Become Human (PS4) :platinum: great sound, wonderful graphics, multiple endings where only one felt complete 5/10 rating.
Time and Eternity (PS3)

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (Vita) :platinum: Great game, fun cross between a lite visual novel and an idol producer game.  Sound/music was fun and energetic.  8/10 rating.

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4) :platinum: 6/10 rating.

Lost Dimension (PS3) :platinum: 7/10 rating.

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4) :platinum: Fun and interesting story, little too much on collectables 8/10 rating.
Drive Girls (Vita) :platinum: Started out good, finished repetitively. Felt like it had more potential 4/10 rating.

Song of Memories (PS4)

This platinum should put me at 33 pts.

I am hoping to get ToCS3 completed this week, since work has died down a bit.  Then on to TIme and Eternity and Eiyuu Senki both digital downloads on my ps3, so it will stay hooked up to the big tv as it is more comfortable to sit on the couch an at my desk, not that my dx racer is uncomfortable, just I spend enough time there already for work hehe.  Both of the games are listed as about 30 hours a piece for plats so I am hoping to get one done by the end of the month.  we will see....  lol.  

I am still worried about @arsenal4life1471 since it seems no one has seen him for awhile.  I hope all is well and he is just busy or playing a switch.  I will keep plugging along and wish him a safe return.

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PRYAMID guide you to success.

have no idea

Looks like a fun way to get through a bit of the games on the backlog

Level 1

Ratchet and clank a rift apart (ps5)

Level 2

star wars jedi knight jedi academy (ps4)
Swordsman vr (psvr)

Level 3

Blood and truth (psvr)
Knights contract (ps3)
Distrust (ps4)

Level 4

Tales of xillia (ps3)
robinson the journey (psvr)
middle eart shadow of war (ps4)
uncharted lost legacy (ps4)

Level 5

final fantasy 15 (ps4)
Dragon quest XI (ps4)
arizona sunshine (psvr)
resident evil revelations 2 (ps4)
This is the police (ps4)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sindrics said:

Looks like a fun way to get through a bit of the games on the backlog

Level 1

Level 2

Swordsman vr (psvr)

Level 3

Blood and truth (psvr)
Knights contract (ps3)
Distrust (ps4)

Level 4

Tales of xillia (ps3)

Level 5

final fantasy 15 (ps4)
Dragon quest XI (ps4)
arizona sunshine (psvr)
This is the police (ps4)

Welcome and have fun!

Platinumed ratchet and clank, great game really fun and was surprised how much i liked rivet. On to jedi academy next shouldnt be too much trouble depending on the online trophies i might be able to get the plat.

Level 1

Level 2

Swordsman vr (psvr)

Level 3

Blood and truth (psvr)
Knights contract (ps3)
Distrust (ps4)

Level 4

Tales of xillia (ps3)

Level 5

final fantasy 15 (ps4)
Dragon quest XI (ps4)
arizona sunshine (psvr)
This is the police (ps4)

• Like 2

This update is a little over due....

Hi all so I actually finished the plat on Trails of Cold Steel 3 last week, but due to catching a 48 bug, and then having to prep for a interview yesterday.  I ran out of time to get it up.   What can I say about Trails of Cold Steel 3 that I already haven't hehe.  I loved the story, ended on nail biter and I want to jump into the next one, but I just don't have the time or slot on this pyramid to put it in.  The characters were well crafted, and those from the first 2 games got some love and detail into what they have been doing since graduation (end of second game).  My only complaint is it never seemed to read the old save like the devs said it would to know who I had picked as my love interest and thus felt like they were pushing me towards their choice.  Which isn't a game breaker for me, just more of a "dang it, I gots to wooo  xxxxxxxxx all over again."  lol  too many x's were placed to obscure who x is.  The music was great and suited the mood for each area and battle appropriately.  Game play had a few updates and while some were good, others just seemed confusing as to why they made them.   It didn't seem to improve anything, just make some things a little more confusing.  I did spend a bit longer on my normal playthrough then I had initially intended, and that was due to one change they made that levels of characters transferred over with you to ng+.  So I grinded a few extra to give my main squad a little boost going into nightmare mode.  I highly recommend this game series to anyone who is looking for either a good jrpg, or story game.  I give the overall for this game a 9/10 rating.  I would love to give it a 10/10 but then it would mean this game was perfect and I can't honestly say that. lol

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa (PS4) :platinum: Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 (PS4) :platinum: visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4) :platinum: Excellent story, fun game play, intriguing and lovable characters.  9/10 rating.

LEVEL THREE
Record of Agarest war 2 (PS3)  :platinum: Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating.
(PS3)

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)  :platinum: Decent game, nothing super stands out about it.  6/10 rating.

Detroit Become Human (PS4) :platinum: great sound, wonderful graphics, multiple endings where only one felt complete 5/10 rating.
Time and Eternity (PS3)

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (Vita) :platinum: Great game, fun cross between a lite visual novel and an idol producer game.  Sound/music was fun and energetic.  8/10 rating.

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4) :platinum: 6/10 rating.

Lost Dimension (PS3) :platinum: 7/10 rating.

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4) :platinum: Fun and interesting story, little too much on collectables 8/10 rating.
Drive Girls (Vita) :platinum: Started out good, finished repetitively. Felt like it had more potential 4/10 rating.

Song of Memories (PS4)

With this platinum I should be at 36pts.  

I have already started Time and Eternity and well I will save my comments until I finish it and have seen the whole game.   Which I am hoping will be by the end of the long weekend if not sooner.?

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PYRAMID guide you to success.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

This update is a little over due....

Hi all so I actually finished the plat on Trails of Cold Steel 3 last week, but due to catching a 48 bug, and then having to prep for a interview yesterday.  I ran out of time to get it up.   What can I say about Trails of Cold Steel 3 that I already haven't hehe.  I loved the story, ended on nail biter and I want to jump into the next one, but I just don't have the time or slot on this pyramid to put it in.  The characters were well crafted, and those from the first 2 games got some love and detail into what they have been doing since graduation (end of second game).  My only complaint is it never seemed to read the old save like the devs said it would to know who I had picked as my love interest and thus felt like they were pushing me towards their choice.  Which isn't a game breaker for me, just more of a "dang it, I gots to wooo  xxxxxxxxx all over again."  lol  too many x's were placed to obscure who x is.  The music was great and suited the mood for each area and battle appropriately.  Game play had a few updates and while some were good, others just seemed confusing as to why they made them.   It didn't seem to improve anything, just make some things a little more confusing.  I did spend a bit longer on my normal playthrough then I had initially intended, and that was due to one change they made that levels of characters transferred over with you to ng+.  So I grinded a few extra to give my main squad a little boost going into nightmare mode.  I highly recommend this game series to anyone who is looking for either a good jrpg, or story game.  I give the overall for this game a 9/10 rating.  I would love to give it a 10/10 but then it would mean this game was perfect and I can't honestly say that. lol

Is the whole series good?  I know some series that have been going on for a while have some rough first entries just by virtue of being older titles that haven't been polished, just wondering how the first entry or two of this series holds up?   I've been interested in it for a while now but just haven't started.  I think I even own one or two of the games!

19 hours ago, FFATMA said:

Is the whole series good?  I know some series that have been going on for a while have some rough first entries just by virtue of being older titles that haven't been polished, just wondering how the first entry or two of this series holds up?   I've been interested in it for a while now but just haven't started.  I think I even own one or two of the games!

So far I have loved the first 3 in the Cold Steel series.  I played them on ps4 so I can't say how well the ps3 or vita versions of the first 2 are.  While there are no differences in game play, I think they might have made a few performance enchancements behind the scenes.  I do own the first 2 on vita, but since the price for those sealed has jumped very high recently I am hesitant to open them to see the difference.  That said you can get the ps4 ones for the first 2 for like 20 bucks in physical form.  But yes, so far I have enjoyed and loved the series.  I want to go back and play the series before this one trails in the sky on psp.  they are just very expensive right now so I have to wait as I just bought a new VR headset for my computer on prime day sales hehe.

• Like 1

congrats to all the people on their progress, we are still missing a key part of this community and event. its going on 2 months now since he has said something

• Like 1

Another game down for me:

Time and Eternity (PS3)

What can I say about this game... well I didn't much care for it and that is putting it nicely.  The character illustrations of the main and major support characters was very nice, the fact they mixed animation over ps2 level backgrounds, then only gave each character 4 animations hurt my eyes, my head, and even made my wife question why I was still playing it.  It literally flashed me back to philips cd-i or 3D0 game play.  The music was so hit and miss, the ending song was very nice, some of the battle music as well.  Then the town music and other music was so out of place I had to mute the game and listen to audiobooks.  I thought the overall idea had potential, and while I don't mind a little fan service, this game was out right strange with it level of main character constantly trying to spy on girls in the shower, or saying out loud he wants to wait for marriage then constantly trying to force the princess into doing things.  And the game just goes and makes it seem like well, since the girls might not remember the events or you might not pick her so no harm no foul was very off putting.  I didn't care for the fact that when you had to do 2 playthroughs you can only skip cutscenes if you saw them with that particular princess and not the other one.  Else you had to watch it again.  oh well I will end here hehe.   On to the next game.  Overall rating 4/10  I can't remember how much I paid for the digital version, probably about 30 bucks , definitely didn't get my moneys worth.

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa (PS4) :platinum: Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 (PS4) :platinum: visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4) :platinum: Excellent story, fun game play, intriguing and lovable characters.  9/10 rating.

LEVEL THREE
Record of Agarest war 2 (PS3)  :platinum: Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating.
(PS3)

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)  :platinum: Decent game, nothing super stands out about it.  6/10 rating.

Detroit Become Human (PS4) :platinum: great sound, wonderful graphics, multiple endings where only one felt complete 5/10 rating.
Time and Eternity (PS3) :platinum: good character animation, but only 4 animations that felt weird and wrong.  4/10 rating.

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (Vita) :platinum: Great game, fun cross between a lite visual novel and an idol producer game.  Sound/music was fun and energetic.  8/10 rating.

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4) :platinum: 6/10 rating.

Lost Dimension (PS3) :platinum: 7/10 rating.

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4) :platinum: Fun and interesting story, little too much on collectables 8/10 rating.
Drive Girls (Vita) :platinum: Started out good, finished repetitively. Felt like it had more potential 4/10 rating.

Song of Memories (PS4)

With this platinum I should be at 39pts.  

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PYRAMID guide you to success.

• Like 2