A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

4 hours ago, Princess_Nagisa said:

wow you all so fast. I wish I had such motivation. 
how do you do this? 
I am always demotivated when I have finish a great game that 
I don't even want to make platinum anymore.
 do you have any tips or motivation for me?

I’m probably the worst person in terms of game motivation ? I just play whatever it is that I fancy so that usually results in me game hopping a lot and rarely finishing titles ? 

The only tip I would have is to just do whatever it is you find most enjoyable ? if you need to take breaks between games go for it! You don’t want to have to force yourself to try to play something you’re not feeling ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’m probably the worst person in terms of game motivation 1f602.png I just play whatever it is that I fancy so that usually results in me game hopping a lot and rarely finishing titles 1f602.png 

The only tip I would have is to just do whatever it is you find most enjoyable 1f60a.png if you need to take breaks between games go for it! You don’t want to have to force yourself to try to play something you’re not feeling 1f60a.png

I agree completely with this post.  We're tied for the worst person to ask but I definitely think you should play what you're having fun with.  That'll lead to less burnout, which will make finishing games a lot more fun!

• Like 1

@Princess_Nagisa I would also recommend playing games in a loop. You don't have to play a game from start-platinum every time. Maybe play an hour a day then go play something else for awhile. Those hours add up over time and before you know it, you got yourself a nice plat with "minimal" effort put in each day. Shake it up a bit. But I feel that in the end, it takes dedication and persistence to earn platinum trophies consistently. Definitely not a thing for everyone, so don't feel too bad. You don't have to be hardcore. Perhaps start with only the games you REALLY love and try to go for a plat every now and then in them. If you don't enjoy it, then you'll NOT like trying to force yourself to plat games you don't even have any interest in anymore. 

Remember it's not the platinum count that matters, it's the enjoyment you get from the journey. If that takes a month, a year, or several years, as long as you're enjoying the time you have, that's worth its weight 10x over compared to 1000 platinums done in anger, hate, and bitterness imo.

• Like 2

So I'm in a bit of a quandary with my pyramid at the moment!  I've been so busy with other games that I've barely touched either of the two games on my second tier and there's just no way I'm finishing either of them before The Last of Us 2 comes out on Friday!  Like I said before, the moment TLoU2 comes out, I will be dropping everything to play it!  While I haven't finished either of my tier 2 games however, I have started and finished Knack and Super Soccer Blast (which I'm the 19th person in the world to platinum btw!  ?), I got the platinum on Diablo 3 and I'm about halfway to the platinum on No Man's Sky!  I'm also working my way through Spiderman, which disappears off the Playstation Now list on July 7th.  Great game by the way!

I think I'm going to have to make one last revision to my list.  This is the last time, I promise!  Because even if I don't, I'll be deviating from the rules by jumping to TLoU2 regardless, so I may as well change one title so that I have a completion in each of the 3 tiers leading up to tier 4!

Level 1

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Level 2

Knack

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Level 3

Minecraft Dungeons

Detroit Become Human

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows

Level 4

FFVIII

Kingdom Hearts 3

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

The Last of Us 2

Level 5

RDR2

Dragon Quest XI

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remastered

Final Fantasy XV

Persona 5

Edited by FFATMA

That is quite the quandary I still haven't played part 1 yet to spooky. I do intended to eventually since its "allegedly" one of the best games ever made, but by the time I get around to part two though it'll probably be remastered for the PS5.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MICSAM89 said:

That is quite the quandary I still haven't played part 1 yet to spooky. I do intended to eventually since its "allegedly" one of the best games ever made, but by the time I get around to part two though it'll probably be remastered for the PS5.

It is such a good game!  One of my favorites and I definitely recommend it.  

So excited, just got an email stating that my PS4 Pro The Last of Us 2 Collector's Edition has shipped and will arrive on Friday!  Guess I better finish off my tier 3 quick!  I only have 2 more dungeons to complete for the story mode to be done, so I should be easily able to get that done tonight!

Have any of you upgraded to a PS4 Pro?  If so, did you notice much of a difference?  I do have a 4k tv, so that helps.  One of the things I'm really looking forward to is having the USB slot in the back.  My external hard drive is taking up one of the USB slots on my current main PS4 and I want that second controller slot!

I also just realized that now I'll have 3 PS4s in the house to boost with!  ?

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 1

Level 1
1.1 - Spider-Man - Complete

Level 2
2.1 - Journey
2.2 - Farming Simulator 19

Level 3
3.1 - Lego Ninjago: Movie VideoGame
3.2 - Lego Marvel Avenger
3.3 - Danganronpa 2

Level 4
4.1 - COD: Modern Warfare Remastered
4.2 - Infamous: Second Son
4.3 - South Part: The Stick of Truth
4.4 - Sniper Elite 4

Level 5
5.1 - DeathStranding
5.2 - Tomb Raider: Shadow of the Tomb Rader
5.3 - Heavy Rain
5.4 - Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
5.5 - Cyberpunk 2077

A slow start for me, but exams are over and Level 1 is complete I've completed the main game for Spider-Man and the black cat dlc I'll still be playing it here and there to complete all the dlc because its still a really fun game.

So Spider-Man is definitely the best superhero game I've played and would definitely recomend it to anyone and everyone just don't make the mistake I did and wear the comicbook suit it truly destroys the immersion in the cutscenes.

I'm going to give farming simulator a play next for some relaxing no fuss grind. Dig dig plant plan chop chop.

• Like 1

Let me know how you find farming simulator, I’ve got it downloaded but haven’t tried it out yet ?

Also I don’t have a pro, my original PS4 still works well so I’ve not felt the need to upgrade. 

Do any of you play VR? I tried out Skyrim VR last night but I had to stop playing after the first quest because I started feeling sick ? I don’t know if the more you play it the more you get used to it and you can play for longer or if I’ll have to chip away at a quest a day for the rest of eternity ? 

13 hours ago, MICSAM89 said:

A slow start for me, but exams are over and Level 1 is complete I've completed the main game for Spider-Man and the black cat dlc I'll still be playing it here and there to complete all the dlc because its still a really fun game.

So Spider-Man is definitely the best superhero game I've played and would definitely recomend it to anyone and everyone just don't make the mistake I did and wear the comicbook suit it truly destroys the immersion in the cutscenes.

I'm going to give farming simulator a play next for some relaxing no fuss grind. Dig dig plant plan chop chop.

I'm working through Spiderman right now as well and I agree completely.  It's fantastic!  I've been thinking of trying out Farming Simulator, as it was free.  Please let us know what you think of it!

2 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Let me know how you find farming simulator, I’ve got it downloaded but haven’t tried it out yet 1f914.png

Also I don’t have a pro, my original PS4 still works well so I’ve not felt the need to upgrade. 

Do any of you play VR? I tried out Skyrim VR last night but I had to stop playing after the first quest because I started feeling sick 1f602.png I don’t know if the more you play it the more you get used to it and you can play for longer or if I’ll have to chip away at a quest a day for the rest of eternity 1f602.png 

I started out with the 2nd version of the Oculus Rift dev kit and while I did get a bit sick at first, it's mostly gone when I play now.  I bought the PSVR as well and I'm honestly going to say that even though it was much cheaper than what I paid for my Oculus, the quality is right up there with it!  I still get some motion sickness with some games, but it definitely gets better as you go along.  I haven't fired the PSVR up for a while but since I started trophy hunting, I've definitely started eyeing some of the games in my collection!  I think I have 3 more trophies to go for the plat in Job Simulator, and they're all easy trophies!  I want to get back to playing some Farpoint too.  And the Half-life game looks amazing!  Wouldn't mind finishing off Doom as well!

I don't think PS4 has this, but if you ever get a chance to use Google Earth VR, you have to try it!  Just mind-blowing!

Edited by FFATMA

whelp another game of my list this time it was yakuza kiwami and boy oh boy was i suprised at this game with its fantastic story and the game play wasn't to bad either if you got this sitting in your library from when it was free on ps plus go try it. I might have to continue on with this series in the future but will probably wait till they hit ps plus againor ask for some of the other games for christmas in the future. And that is after i platinumed far cry 5 in just a week what a game that was to im glad i finally got around to buying it thats my new fave of the series ahead of 2/3 joint go check up status updates for more of what i thought on that.

LEVEL ONE

Marvel Spider-man (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

A way out (ps4)

Star wars Force Unleashed (Ps3)

LEVEL THREE

Jak and daxter Hd Trilogy The Precursor legacy  (ps3) 

The Saboteur (ps3) 

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Infamous (ps3)

Hitman Blood Money (Ps3)

Unravel (ps4)

Battlefield 4 (ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Yakuza Kiwami (ps4)

Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

Borderlands 2 (ps3) 

gravity rush (ps vita)