A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

19 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

welcome MikkelEhlers this is a perfect backlog event for people to just start games lol with no pressure on the platinum at least you can enjoy the playthrough of the game and then come back to game to clear up the trophies another time if you want.

Thanks man! Yea it's a great idea - currently im only a little into Trine 2, but I'm really liking the game so far - Can definitely recommend both this and the first one, especially if you are playing with someone, but also playing it alone it is a great game in my opinion. 

Might platinum it, but not sure yet, I'll see when I finish the story :)

Hey guys  so its been a week since the last update this is how im going really well making the most of not being at work and have got few a lot of games me and my brother share ps4 and ps3 so i have only just got the ps3 back so i had to cheat a little and skip to level 4 as level 3 is all ps3 games but i got it back now and ploughing on. since i last posted on here i have managed to complete the force unleashed on level 2 and for any star wars fan i certainly recommend. I couldnt then do a level 3 game as explain before so had to move onto level 4 of which i managed to do unravel followed by unravel 2 on level 5 both had the good and bad moments i like the mechanics of the game of which was fresh but i do feel its was a bit frustrating but managed to get through it. Its definitely a one and done i don't think ill play them ever again. I then went back and played battlefield 4 campaign of which was nothing to write home about but it was enjoyable but not to the standards of the cod campaigns. I am now back on level 3 of which i must do one before i can do anything else. i am currently so close to finishing the story in jak and daxter 1 but have hit a wall at the moment so will leave that for the minute and play one of the other level 3 games on my list. here is my updated list for you all to see>>

LEVEL ONE

Marvel Spider-man (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

A way out (ps4)

Star wars Force Unleashed (Ps3)

LEVEL THREE

Jak and daxter Hd Trilogy The Precursor legacy  (ps3) (need to free the 3 more sages)

The Saboteur (ps3) 

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Infamous (ps3)

Hitman Blood Money (Ps3)

Unravel (ps4)

Battlefield 4 (ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Yakuza Kiwami (ps4)

Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

Borderlands 2 (ps3) (a few missions left)

gravity rush (ps vita)

Unravel 2 (ps4)

It would be great to here whats happening with the rest of you guys and hopefully i have inspired some new people to join or some people already participating "to get back on the horse".

• Like 2

This sounds like a great idea! Would love to share my adventure with you guys. Here's my list. 

Level One

• Life Is Strange

Level Two

• Life Is Strange Before The Storm
  • Naruto  Ultimate Ninja Strorm (PS4)

Level Three

• Naruto Ulimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS4)
  • The Last Of Us Part 2
  • Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (PS4)

Level Four

• Uncharted 2: Among Theifs (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 0 (PS4)
  • Resident Evil (PS4)
  • God Eater Resurrenction

Level Five

• Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS4)
  • Grand Theft Auto Vice City (PS4)
  • Doom
  • Metro Redux (PS4)
  • Mextro Last Light (PS4)
  • Like 2

Welcome thanks for joining i hope you do well with you list. May i say uncharted 2 is a great game probably my favourite in the series  and a good idea putting last of us part 2 so you can still do this challenge while playing a new game i look forward to hearing more from you as you progress

I ploughed on and freed the final 3 sages and beat the final boss so that means jak and daxter 1 is of my list and now am free to do whatever game on any level now. here is the new updated list! 

LEVEL ONE

Marvel Spider-man (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

A way out (ps4)

Star wars Force Unleashed (Ps3)

LEVEL THREE

Jak and daxter Hd Trilogy The Precursor legacy  (ps3) 

The Saboteur (ps3) 

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Infamous (ps3)

Hitman Blood Money (Ps3)

Unravel (ps4)

Battlefield 4 (ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Yakuza Kiwami (ps4)

Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

Borderlands 2 (ps3) (a few missions left)

gravity rush (ps vita)

Unravel 2 (ps4)

• Like 1

I don't really care to platinum games unless they're easy or I really like the game, for me finishing the game is enough, with the occasional additional trophy here and there. Good to see a thread like this, almost every backlog challenge is geared towards people who have a need to 100% everything.

I've got way too many unfinished games on the shelf that I'd like to sell away at some point so for now this is all physical games

LEVEL ONE

COD Black Ops 3 (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3)

DOOM VFR (PSVR)

LEVEL THREE

Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita)

Spyro the Dragon (PS4)

Resident Evil 7 (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Fallout New Vegas (PS3)

Episodes from Liberty City (PS3)

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (Vita)

Killzone 2 (PS3)

LEVEL FIVE

Uncharted Golden Abyss (Vita)

The Last of Us (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4)

COD World at War (PS3)

The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4)

I already played Last of Us years ago but I'll finish it again on NG+ before part 2 comes out

Edited by Barbeqmeister
updated
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Barbeqmeister said:

I don't really care to platinum games unless they're easy or I really like the game, for me finishing the game is enough, with the occasional additional trophy here and there. Good to see a thread like this, almost every backlog challenge is geared towards people who have a need to 100% everything.

Im glad you have joined in I agree there was not a event for people who just want are not to worried about the 100% and are happy to just finish the game.  Spyro the dragon is a good game and world at war is my favourite call of duty campaign also you got to play AC revelations. have fun with your list and I look forward to your updates.

Edited by arsenal4life1471

20 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Welcome thanks for joining i hope you do well with you list. May i say uncharted 2 is a great game probably my favourite in the series  and a good idea putting last of us part 2 so you can still do this challenge while playing a new game i look forward to hearing more from you as you progress

No problem! I only played the first two uncharted games so far, on a different account. But your right, Uncharted 2 is definitely a great game. Except for the last chapter on Brutal lol. I remember i gave up on that.

Yea, i decided to put the last of us 2 on here, because i want to play it right away. I'm afraid i might get spoiled or something. I hope it's has good as the first. Less then a month to go!!!

4 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Life Is Strange is pretty decent, they’re easy plats. I definitely preferred Before a the Storm to the first one. 

Yea, by the look of the trophies. The plats are easy. But unfortunely the style and type of game is not for me. That's why i'm taking my time with it.  But i hope your right, i hope "Before the storm" is a bit better.

But i gotta say, i do enjoy reliving the highschool life. It's been 4 years since i graduated. I forgot how shitty and cruel kids can be. 

16 minutes ago, TheUntold_Truth said:

Yea, by the look of the trophies. The plats are easy. But unfortunely the style and type of game is not for me. That's why i'm taking my time with it.  But i hope your right, i hope "Before the storm" is a bit better.

But i gotta say, i do enjoy reliving the highschool life. It's been 4 years since i graduated. I forgot how shitty and cruel kids can be. 

Yeah I didn’t really enjoy the first one that much. I quite like the telltale-esque games but I hated almost all the characters in LIS with a passion so that kind of ruined it for me ? the only reason I tried BTS was because I got it for like £3 in a sale. I do like the trophies in those games though as they’re tied to collectibles rather than just finishing the game 

Just finished Black Ops 3. It took a long time, it was actually the first game I played on PS4... Well, now it's done. I played on hardened this time because there wasn't a veteran specific trophy and I don't hate myself enough to even attempt realistic. It was actually nice for once to be able to take a few hits and survive, it made the experience far more relaxing than Modern Warfare 1 ever was.

The gameplay and missions were fun and I liked many of the new mechanics but the story was absolute nonsense, easily the worst Call of Duty I've played so far. I also tried the zombies mode but I found it to be the weakest Call of Duty zombie mode that I've played, so I didn't really bother with it. 

The platinum for this game is absolutely ridiculous, no way I'm ever even attempting it. I got to A rank and 27% completion, that's plenty enough for me. Might check out a few easy cleanup trophies but after that I'm selling the game and am done with it.

Next up, GTA 4. That's going to take a while. ?

Edit: I did some cleanup and got to 31%, that's enough for me. Surprisingly there was one ultra rare (2.47%) trophy that only took a minute to do. Why is it that rare?https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3940-call-of-duty-black-ops-iii/20-gun-game

Edited by Barbeqmeister
  • Like 2

well done Barbeqmeister i believe your the first person to complete a game on there list other than me i believe (or maybe the first to update there list). black ops 3 zombies is much better than black ops 4 dont bother with that version. good luck with gta 4 thats going to take a while to complete that story im sure youll have fun you can also attack the other game on that level if your struggling at any stage.

39 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

well done Barbeqmeister i believe your the first person to complete a game on there list other than me i believe (or maybe the first to update there list). black ops 3 zombies is much better than black ops 4 dont bother with that version. good luck with gta 4 thats going to take a while to complete that story im sure youll have fun you can also attack the other game on that level if your struggling at any stage.

Eh, personally at least I've enjoyed Black Ops 4 zombies a lot more

Alright, I'll take a crack at this!

Level 1

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Level 2

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Level 3

Minecraft Dungeons

Detroit Become Human

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows

Level 4

FFVIII

Kingdom Hearts 3

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

Final Fantasy XV

Level 5

RDR2

Dragon Quest XI

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remastered

The Last of Us 2

Persona 5

The first three on my list were from the "Advise the next plat to the person above you" thread, where I got 3 games recommended.

Looking at my list, there are a lot of really long games in there.  Should keep me busy for a while!

The first 2 as well, it looks like I beat the story back in 2010, but I'm going to try to finish most of the trophies while going through the story again and the second one, it doesn't look like I finished the story.  I'll be starting from scratch on that one too!

Using the Howlongtobeat website numbers, to complete the main story for my games, not counting The Last of Us Part 2 and Minecraft Dungeons, as they're not out yet, it adds up to 473 hours.  Under the Completionist category, I wasn't able to get numbers for the 2 games above as well as One Punch Man, but the total without those three games was 1207 hours.  Not sure how accurate those numbers will be, but at least I have a guideline!

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 2

Welcome FFATMA  glad you have joined in. got some good games there detriot become human is  a good game and a fairly chilled game as you dont have to play all that much if you get what i mean. red dead 2 is a good game but a bloated one. remember you only need to do the story to count that as done in this backlog event so that should cut the time down a little lol.

if you havent already make sure to follow the page to keep up to date with the posts

• Like 1

On 09/05/2020 at 1:21 PM, brenika said:

Level One

Doom Eternal

Level Two

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Death Stranding

Level Three

Dishonored 2
Dreams
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality 

Level Four

Stranded Deep • EU
Doom VFR
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment 

Level Five

Minecraft
Cities: Skylines
Fortnite • EU
The Escapists 2
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition • EU

Hey just an updated, Doom has been completed. I was brought LA Noire for my birthday so I’ve made that my new level 1. 

Xenoverse I’ve completed the main story off, but I’ve kept it on to try finish a few side things. Death Stranding I’ve made no progression on due to the size as MW has taken up the majority of my console. 

Dishonored 2 first play through as Emily is getting there, I hadn’t started much of the game so I’m impressed with how much I have got done on it. 

Also FighterZ I got a silver yesterday for it, so just got to do the story in hard mode as with the kids off school they are enjoying playing the battle modes themselves.  

9 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Welcome FFATMA  glad you have joined in. got some good games there detriot become human is  a good game and a fairly chilled game as you dont have to play all that much if you get what i mean. red dead 2 is a good game but a bloated one. remember you only need to do the story to count that as done in this backlog event so that should cut the time down a little lol.

if you havent already make sure to follow the page to keep up to date with the posts

I hadn't done this, but I have now!  

I got home from work last night, all ready to start my first game and it wouldn't load!  I am using Playstation Now for the Harry Potter games and every time I tried to load it or any other streaming game, it just said that it failed to start.  After doing some google research, it looks like this was an issue on Playstation's side and it did finally start working again after about 2 hours, but man, I was so raring to get started!  I did get a few hours of gameplay done on my first game, but seeing as I have most of the story trophies already done for that one, I didn't get anything new yet.  

33 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

I hadn't done this, but I have now!  

I got home from work last night, all ready to start my first game and it wouldn't load!  I am using Playstation Now for the Harry Potter games and every time I tried to load it or any other streaming game, it just said that it failed to start.  After doing some google research, it looks like this was an issue on Playstation's side and it did finally start working again after about 2 hours, but man, I was so raring to get started!  I did get a few hours of gameplay done on my first game, but seeing as I have most of the story trophies already done for that one, I didn't get anything new yet.  

unlucky start im glad you sorted the problem out on ps now.

also well done to Brenika for completing a couple of games as i counted the one you ve done the story on. im afriad you cant add a new game to the pyramid until you make a new one when you completed the last one. its like one of the only rules of this lol. so La Noire wont count im afriad but your in second place atm

1 hour ago, LrryLegend said:

This backlog event is one of the best forum threads I've ever seen.  I wish I wasn't so casual, oops I mean too lazy make my own pyramid.  : )  Maybe one day.  I'll follow it for sure.  Thank you for this...

surely your not that lazy lol feel free to join when you like

• Like 1

On 07/05/2020 at 7:22 PM, hittheroadbucky said:

Level One

The Outer Worlds ✅ 

Level Two

The Last Guardian

Days Gone

Level Three

Far Cry 5

Prey

Mad Max

Level Four

Bioshock

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Darksiders 2

Mafia 3

Level Five

Watchdogs 2

The Last of Us

Deus Ex Mankind Divided 

Infamous Second Son

The Order 1886

That’s me finished my first playthrough of The Outer Worlds. I managed to get most of the trophies but I’d still need to do my supernova playthrough to get the plat. I’ll probably go back and do that at some point, but for now I’m done. 

It took me a while to get into the game, and I kind of felt that it finished half way through the story. It was an okay game, but I do think it’s a bit overhyped. I also don’t really think it’s a “fallout in space” like everyone says it is, I got more Mass Effect Andromeda vibes from it (which isn’t a bad thing). 

Next up on my list is Days Gone. 

Edited by hittheroadbucky
  • Like 2