A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

New Dawn isn’t really a grind, it just feels incredibly short. The majority of your time is spent taking outposts or doing expeditions which is okay, but for actual story missions there’s only 22 main and 8 side missions (two of which are tied to collectibles). I just feel like New Dawn should have been a DLC rather than a stand-alone game.

That being said, I don’t have much left to do so I should hopefully get my plat tonight ??

Ooh have fun with 5! I had such a good time with it! ?

Ok gravity rush is done! I can see why it appeals i feel i wont be getting gravity rush 2 ever thats for sure. Ive just bought far cry 5 so i will be playing that on ps4 so that will take most of my time for the next week or two. so i wont be making much progress the next week or so.

here is my updated list  

LEVEL ONE

Marvel Spider-man (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

A way out (ps4)

Star wars Force Unleashed (Ps3)

LEVEL THREE

Jak and daxter Hd Trilogy The Precursor legacy  (ps3) 

The Saboteur (ps3) 

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Infamous (ps3)

Hitman Blood Money (Ps3)

Unravel (ps4)

Battlefield 4 (ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Yakuza Kiwami (ps4)

Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

Borderlands 2 (ps3) 

gravity rush (ps vita)

Unravel 2 (ps4)

Edited by arsenal4life1471
  • Like 1

I tried gravity rush on PS Now and I don’t think it’s my sort of game either tbh. Fair play for finishing it. I doubt that I’ll go back to it ?

Also, I’ve just achieved the plat for New Dawn so I’m ready to move onto something else. Maybe Sleeping Dogs ?

Edited by hittheroadbucky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Ok gravity rush is done! I can see why it appeals i feel i wont be getting gravity rush 2 ever thats for sure. Ive just bought far cry 5 so i will be playing that on ps4 so that will take most of my time for the next week or two. so i wont be making much progress the next week or so.

here is my updated list  

LEVEL ONE

Marvel Spider-man (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

A way out (ps4)

Star wars Force Unleashed (Ps3)

LEVEL THREE

Jak and daxter Hd Trilogy The Precursor legacy  (ps3) 

The Saboteur (ps3) 

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Infamous (ps3)

Hitman Blood Money (Ps3)

Unravel (ps4)

Battlefield 4 (ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Yakuza Kiwami (ps4)

Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

Borderlands 2 (ps3) 

gravity rush (ps vita)

Unravel 2 (ps4)

Wow, you're really hammering out your pyramid!  Great job!

I was working on Ni no Kuni for my tier 2, but after finishing off the platinum for the first Lego Harry Potter, I decided I wanted to go for the plat on the second one, so I've switched my focus to that one!  I've also been doing some cleanup on some other older games, not only did I get the platinum for Lego Harry Potter yesterday, I also got it for MLB18 The Show!  2 legit platinums in one day felt good and it put me into double digits for plats now after not having a single platinum when I first joined this site back in mid-may!  I also started playing a game called Knack, which I knew nothing about and just picked kind of randomly, but wow is it fun!  Glad I tried it! 

As for the pyramid, it shouldn't take me too long to finish the story of LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 and I'm about 15-20 minutes from finishing the story of Minecraft Dungeons on my tier 3 list, so I'll definitely be ready for The Last of Us 2!

It does start off a bit slow but as it picks up after a few hours it gets more and more fun to play.  I'll definitely be finishing it at some point, although the platinum will take a while!  I really recommend that you also play Ni no Kuni 2, as that was a fantastic game!  I actually finished that one (although they've since added more content) before I even started the first one!

I'm at work right now and browsing the Playstation store.  I actually hit a limit and had to put a few of my choices into my wishlist temporarily.  Apparently the cap on games in your cart is 10!  Picking up a few easy plat games but also grabbing some decent ones like No Man's Sky, Crypt of the Necrodancer (a new person actually platinum'd that today!), Celeste, Salt and Sanctuary and Persona 4 Golden.  I absolutely love No Man's Sky on PC, so going for the platinum on PS4 should be fun!  I don't know if I'll ever even attempt the plat for Crypt of the Necrodancer, but I've always wanted to try it and it's only $5 right now!  

And I'm caving in and buying My Name is Mayo.  ?

I need to get back into No Mans Sky. I bought it at launch and it was a massive disappointment (I need to stop pre-ordering games) but all the new updates are meant to make it a lot better so I need to check it out. 

Once again, I’m deviating from my list a little ? I still have a bit of a Far Cry craving so I’ve actually just started up Primal again. I haven’t played since 2016 and never really got that far into it, so I’ve started up a new save file and I’m working my way through that just now ? 

Just now, hittheroadbucky said:

Once again, I’m deviating from my list a little 1f602.png I still have a bit of a Far Cry craving so I’ve actually just started up Primal again. I haven’t played since 2016 and never really got that far into it, so I’ve started up a new save file and I’m working my way through that just now 1f602.png 

Your not going to get your pyramid done at this rate lol :)

The updates to No Man's Sky were definitely a massive improvement.  The game just keeps getting better and better since that less than impressive launch and they still aren't charging for content even though they've gone far past most of the player base forgiving them!  Definitely worth it!  And it's on sale right now!

Here's my updated list!

Level 1

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Level 2

Knack

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Level 3

Minecraft Dungeons

Detroit Become Human

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows

Level 4

FFVIII

Kingdom Hearts 3

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

The Last of Us 2

Level 5

RDR2

Dragon Quest XI

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remastered

Final Fantasy XV

Persona 5

Yep, finished tier 2, nothing suspicious there!  Knack was always on my tier 2 list!  Good thing there's absolutely no way to go back in history to see if there happened to be a different game in that slot right?

Oh fine, here's the real list:

Level 1

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Level 2

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Level 3

Minecraft Dungeons

Detroit Become Human

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows

Level 4

FFVIII

Kingdom Hearts 3

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

The Last of Us 2

Level 5

RDR2

Dragon Quest XI

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remastered

Final Fantasy XV

Persona 5

Lol, still working on the second Lego Harry Potter, but I started playing Knack a few days ago and loved it so much I didn't stop much until it was done!  I'm also getting really close to getting the plat for Diablo 3.  250 more bounties and a few more classes to level to 70!

21 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’ve never played knack so I’m not really sure what the collectible grind entails ? 

I restarted Far Cry Primal a few days ago but I’m a little bored with it. I kind of fancy an RPG to fill my time but I’m not really sure what ?

There are various forms of the main character that you unlock by opening up treasure chests that are placed throughout the game.  For example, collect 15 rubies for a Vampire Knack, where he does more damage at the cost of his health going down constantly, and each enemy killed restores a bit of that life.  That's the only one I've unlocked so far.  But you keep whatever you've unlocked though the new game+, so you can keep collecting the needed pieces to unlock more.  The Diamond Knack only requires 10 diamonds, but on my first playthrough, I didn't find a single one.  I see reports of people going through 4 or more entire playthroughs without getting enough to get Diamond Knack and it's required for one of the trophies, where you have to beat all the bosses with that version of Knack.  There is a farming method, but even that takes a lot of time!

As for your RPG, I see that you started Ni no Kuni II, but didn't finish it.  I loved playing that one!  Final Fantasy VII Remake is another good choice.  Maybe FF8?

Oh wow that seems pretty intense! Good luck if you’re going for the plat!

I might jump back into No No Kuni. I don’t really understand the junctioning system in FF8 so I’m not wanting to get too far into it in case I accidentally ruin my save ? I do fancy the FF7 remake but I’d need to wait for a sale on that one ?

• Like 1