Are you still buying "The Last of Us: Part II"?

Carol

"The Last of Us: Part II" - still buying or not?  

787 members have voted

1. 1. After the leaks, do you still plan to buy "The Last of Us: Part II"?

• Yes, I'll be playing it day one. I want to play and judge the game for myself.
    • Yes, but I'll buy it only when I can find it cheaper.
    • No, but I was never interested in this game.
    • No, the leaks completely destroyed any enthusiasm I had for the game.
    • I still haven't decided if will buy the game or not or when I will do it.

No, and never really had any intention on buying it either.  Once I realized that I really didn’t have enough time to get the multiplayer trophies done by the time the servers were planned to shutdown for part 1, I didn’t start it...which automatically makes attempting part 2 Platinum a non-issue (I like full game series on my list. It’s a bit of an OCD, what do you want from

me?  ?).  Not to mention my personal take on this ‘finger in the ears/eyes closed’ approach by NaughtyDog to fans, in order to force a certain narrative down fan’s throat because...Anita Saarkeesian said so?!  ?

I see that the poll favors people getting the game at launch.  Let’s see if that will be an accurate representation of the general public’s buying habit, after the witch for youtubers who express their opinion about this topic.

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar.
  • Like 2

Just now, Starcade_Legend said:

No, and never really had any intention on buying it either.  Once I realized that I really didn’t have enough time to get the multiplayer trophies done by the time the servers were planned to shutdown for part 1, I didn’t start it...which automatically makes attempting part 2 Platinum a non-issue (I like full game series on my list. It’s a bit of an OCD, what do you want from

me?  1f605.png).

I see that the poll favors people getting the game at launch.  Let’s see if that will be an accurate representation of the general public’s buying habit, after the witch for youtubers who express their opinion about this topic.

The servers are still up for PS4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KSTORM25 said:

I’m still sad that the multiplayer was removed 1f622.png heard it’s getting a stand-alone game though but that may just be a rumour. 

2 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

In all honesty, if TLOU 2 had a similar type of multiplayer that the first game had, I'd just buy the game for the multiplayer. It was great.

They cut it because multiplayer is very briefly shown in the 1+ hour leak video. It looked exactly the same as TLOU1. 

I'm buying it at launch and I'm evading everything related to the game to avoid spoilers.
I don't care about game controversies, I bought Borderlands 3 at launch even though Randy Pitchford is the biggest douche in the gaming industry and he personally attacked me on Twitter for saying that the game had microtransactions.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

And still plays RDR2, Mortal Kombat 11....

RDR2 was a borrowed game and I think that game is shit too. MK11 I bought off hype before finding out about shitty practices. I regret my MK11 purchase

I wonder about your stance. Are you seeking out hypocrisy because you adore crunch? Do you want these people to be overworked for your special toys?

As for the others saying this is an inevitability in the industry, you are wrong. The industry can unionize and things can change. Perhaps you can be a part of this change?

Edited by Burgins
  • Like 2

Polls, no matter where, almost never have options that actually match my choice/preference ?. I'm going to try and burrow from a friend.

I'm indifferent. That's the simplest way to describe my feelings on the game with most of what's been shared (information from leaks is limited by choice) officially and unofficially.

The Last of Us is a well enough made game and a special one because of its plot, but I have never viewed the game nearly as high as others; I never supported the idea that it's the best game of last generation, let alone of all time. There's good reasons for that—pertaining to gameplay, multiplayer, and parts of the storyline—but this isn't the place for that. Even so, the game did elicit a strong emotional response from me not because of its (uninteresting) story but because of its (engaging) plot.

The story trailer was their last chance at persuading me to make the game a priority, but with how poor that is, the story as a whole doesn't seem to have much substance. I legitimately cannot remember the last underwhelming story trailer I've seen for a game; they're typically good—including ones from games also taking place in a zombie (TWD - ATS) or virus infested apocalyptic universe (DL, RE3 R)—and properly motivate a consumer like me to want to learn more about the overall story. But "so they just get to get away with this", "I have to finish it", and "you can't stop this" aren't thought-invoking or memorable story lines at all and doesn't peak my interest in the story. (It's a similar situation with the scenes, like the lack of meaningful c.interactions and plethora of hostile confrontations.) But then again, as Neil said "the game is about the cycle of violence" and Ellie's vengeance. The game's boxart is also legitimately a close up of an angry blood-faced Ellie, after all.

Nothing tells me it's worth an immediate purchase, but I will play it at some point. I need to have the full context to rate as a whole that only the game can provide. I need to see if the plot aspect is actually good and justifies the events that take place throughout. And lastly I want to see how much (more) "things" Neil put in the game.

Edited by EcoShifter