Are you still buying "The Last of Us: Part II"?

Carol

"The Last of Us: Part II" - still buying or not?  

787 members have voted

1. 1. After the leaks, do you still plan to buy "The Last of Us: Part II"?

• Yes, I'll be playing it day one. I want to play and judge the game for myself.
    • Yes, but I'll buy it only when I can find it cheaper.
    • No, but I was never interested in this game.
    • No, the leaks completely destroyed any enthusiasm I had for the game.
    • I still haven't decided if will buy the game or not or when I will do it.

i watched all the leaks, i expected one of the major plot points since a sequel was announced, but the others didn't seem too "controversial" to me. the new trailer eased some of my fears as it seems what was hinted in one of the leaks is not the case, wont post spoilers here, i know the game is gonna wreck me, hopefully it'll be worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Reviewers are reviewers. Any reviewer who gives a game a catastrophic score because it has a single feature they don't like isn't a good reviewer.

Yeah thats why there is only a handful of good reviewers online. I strongly recommend SkillUp and ACG to get good reviews that covers almost everything in detail and the best part none of them use a grading system like 1-10, or go for Angryjoe if you want a funny but kinda useless review =>

49 minutes ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

Are Sony still going around Copy striking youtubers and reddit posts?

I think they stopped that. They did the same with some gameplay from God of War when it got uploaded on youtube before the release date cause someone got an really early copy of the game. They really do not want people to spoil their games since it affects sales i presume. Kind of a dirtbag move to falsely copyright striking youtubers for simply discussing the leaks though.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 10:47 PM, TJ_Solo said:

I thought this was a trophy hunting site not a review or "tell me how to spend my money" site.

It's about anything PS or gaming related, I mean there's other threads like sports, movies and stuff, why did this annoy you in particular?

Plus, the OP isn't asking how to spend his money, he just wants to see people's opinions so please don't be a dick. You don't like a thread, skip it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I might, if a  certain character will say

Hide contents

Played college golf, you know  I'm not one of those beltway trannies, I could break the protagonist in two, with my bare hands!

Or something along those lines.

I had balls in college, ya know ?

• Like 2

Nah. Was sceptical about it since its very announcement. Never dived into leaks pool but it's not that I'm specifically avoiding spoilers or smth., I just don't care enough to follow the news cycle. The original tLoU was crazy overrated IMO. Also ND went sideways after it with people deserving most credit for the job leaving or being forced out the door. Bought both U4 and Lost Legacy but none of these was great either. Regarding tLoU2 - well, I disliked part1 enough to skip its sequel regardless of any ND's shenanigans as of late.

Not gonna lie though - I will observe the imminent trainwreck on its release. For scientific purposes of course)))

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starcade_Legend said:

snip

There is such a thing as this:

Spoiler

*insert whatever bullshit in here*

It's there for a reason. Meaning.... there are some people who don't want to get spoiled on what happens in The Last of Us Part II, even if it's piss easy to find the leaked footage now.

• Like 2

Day One purchase for me as it was before the leaks. The obsessive complaining on the web from those who claim to no longer have any interest in the game and lectures from them on why others shouldn't buy it makes me want to play it even more. I don't see the point in wasting energy on that be honest.

• Like 1

I also see a lot of posts of people indicating that they will ‘play’ it.  ND/SONY aren’t in the game of you ‘playing’ their game, ultimately; the long  game for them is of selling of a product to you. To all the vocal supporters of the game/narrative/symbolism: you will ‘buy’ the (new/digital) game, right?  Because those who are not in support of the narrative direction...I’m pretty confident that they’re consciously not buying it.  Will you consciously support ND/SONY?

It would be nice to know (and it will be revealed, sooner or later) how many people will ‘buy’ it, and analyzing what the sales figures actually mean, in regards to this leak...

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

There is such a thing as this:

Reveal hidden contents

*insert whatever bullshit in here*

It's there for a reason. Meaning.... there are some people who don't want to get spoiled on what happens in The Last of Us Part II, even if it's piss easy to find the leaked footage now.

Right.  Or...I could not.  Look at that...the idea of free-thinking and making our own choices in life, not pre-determined on a herd mentality in one direction or another! What a novel idea, huh?  ?

You do support people having ‘choices’, right?  You wouldn’t condemn someone who makes a choice you don’t agree with, would you?  And if you did...would that make you a ‘Toxic Straight White Male’ or maybe...some other ungodly abomination?  ?

See how that works?  If we’re all free to think and feel and do what we want, and don’t want people to criticize us for it, then...

3n9v.gif

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar.

15 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

It would be nice to know (and it will be revealed, sooner or later) how many people will ‘buy’ it, and analyzing what the sales figures actually mean, in regards to this leak...

Right.  Or...I could not.  Look at that...the idea of free-thinking and making our own choices in life, not pre-determined on a herd mentality in one direction or another! What a novel idea, huh?  1f609.png

You do support people having ‘choices’, right?  You wouldn’t condemn someone who makes a choice you don’t agree with, would you?  And if you did...would that make you a ‘Toxic Straight White Male’ or maybe...some other ungodly abomination?  1f914.png

See how that works?  If we’re all free to think and feel and do what we want, and don’t want people to criticize us for it, then...

The spoilers don't affect me either way because I didn't have a lot of interest in this game even long before the leaked footage was revealed. With how many people who said they haven't seen any spoilers for this game, having that spoiler option can do wonders for some of them.

Don't even try to throw the 'Toxic Straight White Male' crap that feminazis like to shove down peoples throats onto me.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The spoilers don't affect me either way because I didn't have a lot of interest in this game even long before the leaked footage was revealed. With how many people who said they haven't seen any spoilers for this game, having that spoiler option can do wonders for some of them.

Don't even try to throw the 'Toxic Straight White Male' crap that feminazis like to shove down peoples throats onto me.

Didn’t mean to offend you.  Someone in the thread had threw that phrase out there to insinuate that the ‘haters’ were defined as that.  Seemed to be an undercurrent of that in this thread, to insinuate that those individuals questioning ND’s direction are from the ‘bad guys’.  Just wanted to use that phrase, is all...?

2 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

Didn’t mean to offend you.  Someone in the thread had threw that phrase out there to insinuate that the ‘haters’ were defined as that.  Seemed to be an undercurrent of that in this thread, to insinuate that those individuals questioning ND’s direction are from the ‘bad guys’.  Just wanted to use that phrase, is all...1f605.png

Fair enough.

11 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Reviewers are reviewers. Any reviewer who gives a game a catastrophic score because it has a single feature they don't like isn't a good reviewer.

But those reviewers are on aggregate sites and you base game's success clearly on those. Which in and of itself is silly. Something tells me you don't go and read every review they gather to make that aggregated score to see if every review is legitimate opinions and not somebody mad about something stupid. Because no one has the time, which is why aggregates get attention so people can be lazy yet still base their decisions on arbitrary number systems that not a single person who uses will be able to justify.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

But those reviewers are on aggregate sites and you base game's success clearly on those. Which in and of itself is silly. Something tells me you don't go and read every review they gather to make that aggregated score to see if every review is legitimate opinions and not somebody mad about something stupid. Because no one has the time, which is why aggregates get attention so people can be lazy yet still base their decisions on arbitrary number systems that not a single person who uses will be able to justify.

Yes, aggregates get attention because they're an average for how people value the game numerically. Is there a point there? Either way, generally speaking if a game gets catastrophic reviews (e.g. below 60 or 70) it'll greatly hamper the game's success, whereas games above 85 are generally universally praised.

Was never going to buy it even before the announcement trailer dropped lol. The only reasons I was able to get TLOU on PS3 and PS4 was because the copy was bundled with my first PS3 and PS+. Not to say I didn't have an ok time the first game (which I partially progressed) - I thought the level designs were done well. It just takes a lot to convince me that zombies in my video games are worth it and ND's take isn't a 100% fit to my sensibilities. A preference for good oranges over good apples, you could say.

That said, it will be interesting to watch how its fanbase will receive the game. Bruce Straley is no longer working at Naughty Dog and I believe he was the co-director on TLOU and Uncharted 4(? - someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Edited by Eraezr

Honestly, these kinds of creative directions are always going to be hated and controversial when they first appear. But you can either risk controversy for the chance at being remembered as something great, something which challenged your audience and the conventions of the time, or you can be... companies like Ubisoft. Very safe, secure, but really, if you skipped a few games from the series you wouldn't be missing anything.

Anyway, I'll be waiting to see the metacritic score. If it's above 90 I'll probably buy it day one. If 80-85 I'll likely wait for a sale.