MidnightDragon

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga coming spring 2022

41 posts in this topic

My exact thought process:

 

1d5.gif

 

Edit: No special edition this time? Bummer.

Edited by Jelly Soup
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boxart was also revealed on Star Wars Day. Very nice.

 

star_wars_skywalker_saga.jpg?w=933 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The game has been delayed till 2021, and will also be released on next-gen consoles.

 

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s to hoping the delay is due to adding some varied gameplay.  
 

All LEGO games have felt the same for too long but since this is Star Wars, I will give it one more go, probably on the PS5.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, so what do you know.

 

I posted something after platting the force awakened previous week about me wanting to have the complete saga since the force awakened felt so stretched out.

 

Good that they decided to make something like this! :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still hoping there will be a classic mode where the characters aren't voiced. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Still hoping there will be a classic mode where the characters aren't voiced. 


If you are talking about just character noises/sounds instead of voices, yeah I saw a video where you can choose either.

 

EDIT: I believe it was this one
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/19/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-preview-a-breathing-new-life-into-all-9-films-a-e3-2019

 

It also indicates they built the game “from the ground up”, but we’ll see how much of that is marketing versus really true.  It is said to be more open world and you can do any mission in any order you like (not that I consider that necessarily groundbreaking).

Edited by djb5f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djb5f said:


If you are talking about just character noises/sounds instead of voices, yeah I saw a video where you can choose either.

 

EDIT: I believe it was this one
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/19/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-preview-a-breathing-new-life-into-all-9-films-a-e3-2019

If true, that's awesome. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t waaaait! 🙌🏼 Recently finished TFA and it got me soo re-excited about LEGO Star Wars!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was really hoping for this year, but what are you gonna do.

I didn't know about the possibility of a 'classic voice' mode. I remember when LEGO games transitioned from a LEGO dialect of Simlish to bad quality voice clips, or worse: original dialog.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, i find it weird that this is the first year since travelers tales took over the ip where we didn't get a single lego game released. Usually they pump out 2 games a year(some years even 3) but last year all we had was lego movie 2 and this new game got pushed into 2021. Unless tt fusion is working on something in secret(they have to be since lego movie 2 was thier most recent game) its gonna feel weird not to see a new lego game this year

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, Jelly Soup said:

Edit: No special edition this time? Bummer.

 

A Deluxe edition was shown off last August and is finally up for pre-order:

 

lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-box-ar

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be cool if rogue one was dlc or something but doubt it highly as not part of the Skywalker saga aside from Vader being a cameo in the film 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thephoenixshow said:

Would be cool if rogue one was dlc or something but doubt it highly as not part of the Skywalker saga aside from Vader being a cameo in the film 

DLC was already announced. We're getting: The Mandalorian Season 1 (in 2 parts), Rogue One, Solo, The Bad Batch and a Classic Character pack. 

 

From the sounds of it though, there are strictly character packs and not new levels like we usually see in these games. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Viper said:

DLC was already announced. We're getting: The Mandalorian Season 1 (in 2 parts), Rogue One, Solo, The Bad Batch and a Classic Character pack. 

 

From the sounds of it though, there are strictly character packs and not new levels like we usually see in these games. 

Well that is cool and disappointing at same time 

Edited by Thephoenixshow
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be the first Lego game in 2 years. I don't think they've ever had a gap that long. They almost always get 2-3 games out a year from 2008 and onward.

 

I honestly think the earliest we will get this game is May 4 (or that week) to promote Star Wars day. If the release date isn't revealed in March or April, we'll have to wait for summer or early fall for it to release I'm thinking. The developers have been pretty quiet for a game that is scheduled for release in Spring 2021. 

 

I grew up with the Lego Star Wars games and I also enjoyed Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (despite its crazy amount of padding). This will almost surely be a day one purchase for me on PS4. I'll probably get the physical version from Best Buy in a steelbook. I just want more footage and a release date.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Buy Canada:

Is this just supposed to be one of those December 31st *insert year* dates? Or?

 

Also, I'm wondering some things about this game.

There's the standard PS4 and PS5 versions.

There's the deluxe PS4 and PS5 versions.

What are all the different pieces of content you get?

Do the digital versions have more and/or exclusive stuff? Or?

Also, what would be the purpose of getting the PS5 version if the PS4 version would be playable on PS4 AND PS5?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Best Buy Canada:

 

Is this just supposed to be one of those December 31st *insert year* dates? Or?

 

Also, I'm wondering some things about this game.

There's the standard PS4 and PS5 versions.

There's the deluxe PS4 and PS5 versions.

What are all the different pieces of content you get?

Do the digital versions have more and/or exclusive stuff? Or?

Also, what would be the purpose of getting the PS5 version if the PS4 version would be playable on PS4 AND PS5?

I answered that a few posts above yours. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s really annoying that the deluxe edition doesn’t have the steelbook. I have the PS4 release preordered, and I’d love to cancel that and grab the deluxe edition which for $10 is clearly a better deal, with the book and mini fig, but I really want the steelbook. 
 

I’m not sure if this game offers a PS5 upgrade? If not, I may end up getting the PS5 Deluxe and the PS4 standard with the steelbook.

 

Regardless, it seems like an odd marketing decision to only have the steelbook as a preorder bonus for one edition.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.