LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga coming spring 2022

8 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

It’s really annoying that the deluxe edition doesn’t have the steelbook. I have the PS4 release preordered, and I’d love to cancel that and grab the deluxe edition which for $10 is clearly a better deal, with the book and mini fig, but I really want the steelbook. 

I’m not sure if this game offers a PS5 upgrade? If not, I may end up getting the PS5 Deluxe and the PS4 standard with the steelbook.

Regardless, it seems like an odd marketing decision to only have the steelbook as a preorder bonus for one edition.

I was just looking at that now. Why does the edition that's $10 more NOT include the steelbook? Makes no sense. Honestly I'll just wait, maybe BestBuy will change something and they'll give a steelbook. Also want to see how they'll handle a PS5 upgrade, because I wouldn't want to pay more for it.

2 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Best Buy offering steelbook case with game when preordering. Standard or Deluxe. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-deluxe-edition-playstation-4-playstation-5/6428352.p?skuId=6428352

Not sure what other people were talking about, but it has always came with the steel book. I have had it preordered for awhile now.

10 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Best Buy offering steelbook case with game when preordering. Standard or Deluxe. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-deluxe-edition-playstation-4-playstation-5/6428352.p?skuId=6428352

8 hours ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Not sure what other people were talking about, but it has always came with the steel book. I have had it preordered for awhile now.

Not in Canada

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/search?search=lego+star+wars+the+skywalker+saga

Only the PS4 and PS5 standard versions come with the steelbook

Someone even called BB support to ask about the steelbook and were told it was only the standard edition

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-deluxe-edition-ps4/14931122?icmp=Recos_4across_cstmrs_ls_vwd&referrer=PDP_Reco

I may just tweet the BB Games account and ask, especially if the US is getting the steelbook with both editions. For $10, it makes no sense to get the standard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Not in Canada

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/search?search=lego+star+wars+the+skywalker+saga

Only the PS4 and PS5 standard versions come with the steelbook

Someone even called BB support to ask about the steelbook and were told it was only the standard edition

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-deluxe-edition-ps4/14931122?icmp=Recos_4across_cstmrs_ls_vwd&referrer=PDP_Reco

I may just tweet the BB Games account and ask, especially if the US is getting the steelbook with both editions. For $10, it makes no sense to get the standard

Well that sucks! That ain't right! Yeah, contact them and see if they can make an exception. Hate when retailers do this for different regions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 1:10 PM, ChiefMichigan said:

This is going to be the first Lego game in 2 years. I don't think they've ever had a gap that long. They almost always get 2-3 games out a year from 2008 and onward.

I honestly think the earliest we will get this game is May 4 (or that week) to promote Star Wars day. If the release date isn't revealed in March or April, we'll have to wait for summer or early fall for it to release I'm thinking. The developers have been pretty quiet for a game that is scheduled for release in Spring 2021. 

I grew up with the Lego Star Wars games and I also enjoyed Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (despite its crazy amount of padding). This will almost surely be a day one purchase for me on PS4. I'll probably get the physical version from Best Buy in a steelbook. I just want more footage and a release date.

I saw a delay as likely, and it's official now. There's no updated release date. I really hope this game taking so long means it's crazy polished. I played Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 and that game was bogged down by glitchiness. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mind the delay, I never buy LEGO games until they get a deep price cut in a sale (still waiting on LEGO Incredibles to fall below $15), so even if this was out now, I'd probably still be waiting on it. 

I just want a definitive answer on what this game is. I've seen some reports say each movie is a brand new made from the ground up, whereas I've seen contrasting articles state that Episodes I-VII are just remasters of the previous games, and only The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker are legit new content. 

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Don't mind the delay, I never buy LEGO games until they get a deep price cut in a sale (still waiting on LEGO Incredibles to fall below $15), so even if this was out now, I'd probably still be waiting on it. 

I just want a definitive answer on what this game is. I've seen some reports say each movie is a brand new made from the ground up, whereas I've seen contrasting articles state that Episodes I-VII are just remasters of the previous games, and only The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker are legit new content. 

It is confirmed that they don't include levels the way the were in past leg games. Lego Star Wars the Complete saga (1-6) had 6 level each movie. This game is a complete remake not remaster of these movies. This game will feature 5 levels in each of the 9 movies. Maybe they even create whole new settings (for example: Maybe they replace the level where you enter the jedi temple with the battle between mace windu and palpatine, which wasn't featured in the complete saga).

16 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Maybe they've finally taken the time to change up the gameplay / engine a bit? I imagine people are getting pretty sick of buying reskins of (essentially) the same game dozens of times - kinda like that two year break Ubisoft took before releasing Origins.

From what i heared this game will feature a new engine. Not completely sure tho. Only heared this in several youtube videos but didn't read a statement about that.

17 hours ago, westersburg said:

It is confirmed that they don't include levels the way the were in past leg games. Lego Star Wars the Complete saga (1-6) had 6 level each movie. This game is a complete remake not remaster of these movies. This game will feature 5 levels in each of the 9 movies. Maybe they even create whole new settings (for example: Maybe they replace the level where you enter the jedi temple with the battle between mace windu and palpatine, which wasn't featured in the complete saga).

From what i heared this game will feature a new engine. Not completely sure tho. Only heared this in several youtube videos but didn't read a statement about that.

Both of these are good news. A new engine is needed...LEGO games are enjoyable, but after you play a few, you realize they're just the same game over and over again with a different license plastered on it. But they're also easy plats and make good games for moments where I'm not sure what else I want to play. If this game can actually provide a new experience then it'll be worth it. 

• 4 months later...

While I don't want the game rushed or the devs overworked, I think something is going on here besides COVID-19.

The game was originally slated for 2020. It would've probably been an October or November release. Then it was delayed to Spring 2021, now all the way to Spring 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMichigan said:

While I don't want the game rushed or the devs overworked, I think something is going on here besides COVID-19.

TT Games has been hemorrhaging senior employees lately, even founder Jon Burton has left and started a new studio. Then throw in all of the uncertainty around WB Games and the catastrophic failure of Warner's corporate merger with AT&T and it makes sense.

• Like 1

I at least take comfort in knowing that it is on the horizon and still a thing. Had this preordered for a while at Best Buy with the steelbook offer. Looking forward to playing it next year and adding it to my collection. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-deluxe-edition-playstation-5/6428354.p?skuId=6428354