WARNING: "CRYSTAL CLEAR" IS GLITCHED

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 9:06 AM, SpaceCoresDad said:

@balu2424 @shadowhood1111

As with most older games, playstationtrophies is generally the place to go. There's a really good collectible guide linked there that I used. Didn't miss a single thing except when I got glitched, but if you follow what I've said here, you should be fine.

Ok. I will try it. Thanks. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Space! ?

I remember seeing you playing this game awhile back. Since I just picked up a copy myself recently, I’ve been doing some research and reading up on the trophy information. So thank you so much for posting this mate.

I’m very grateful to people like you who go out of their way to post updates and findings for these really old/dead games. A lot of times the guides for obscure games like this are outdated, or unaware of crucial information like this, and warnings like this have saved me quite a few times!

Appreciate it man. How was the game anyhow?

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m very grateful to people like you who go out of their way to post updates and findings for these really old/dead games. A lot of times the guides for obscure games like this are outdated, or unaware of crucial information like this, and warnings like this have saved me quite a few times!

Appreciate it man. How was the game anyhow?

Glad I could help! This info is on the .org forums, but I know a lot of people don't go there these days so I wanted to spread the word. To answer your question, the game is very average. It's certainly not bad, but it's kinda generic and leaves a lot to be desired in lots of areas. I wouldn't say I recommend it, but I wouldn't say to stay away either. Decent platinum too if you can avoid the glitch.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Kratos276 said:

Currently stuck at 128 crystals and no shards are dropping. I left the final 2 crystals alone and followed a guide for the others and I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any others. Really don't want to play the game again.

It's more than likely you missed a couple shards in the cages, because the shards only stop dropping at 130. I believe if you check level select it tells you if they're there? If not I don't really have a clue. 

9 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

It's more than likely you missed a couple shards in the cages, because the shards only stop dropping at 130. I believe if you check level select it tells you if they're there? If not I don't really have a clue. 

Sadly it doesn't on level select. I'll just do a quick run through each level I suppose. Thanks for the help! I think my biggest concern now is going to be getting all the gold for the crucible stuff since the servers are down.

15 hours ago, Kratos276 said:

I think my biggest concern now is going to be getting all the gold for the crucible stuff since the servers are down.

Best of luck! This game is really annoying with its collectibles, but thankfully it's also not very long. I've heard a lot of people miss the first one when you enter the town in chapter 1? And potentially something in the prologue? Just places to look. The gold is barely an issue though, there's setups you can find on youtube that make it trivial to get in about an hour.

• 10 months later...

@SpaceCoresDad Thanks again for this thread homie. I just popped ‘Crystal Clear’ and avoided the glitch thanks to you.

There are enough combat sequences in the game that you should have almost 130 crystals by the time you reach 6.5, but since the nature of the crystal drops from enemies and vases seem to be completely random, there’s a moderate chance this glitch could happen to anybody if they’re not paying attention to how many crystals they have collected up until that point. You could be short merely 2 or 3 crystal pieces and have to do a whole other playthrough if you are unfortunate enough to get the glitch.