Automated AppleScript for Mac

Midgar777

Hello!

I’ve been chipping away at the last few trophies I need for the platinum which are Puppeteer / Making Some Noise / Blowin’ Up!

As we know, these are pretty tedious to do unless you are playing the game normally and not purely for the trophies ?

Anyway, I realised there were a few posts on how to setup auto-clickers for PC, but there didn’t seem much for Mac! I had no previous knowledge of this, but after a bit of googling, I managed to create a script that will press X every second using remote play! No need to spend money on a turbo controller anymore ?

1. Connect a DualShock Pad via a USB port / Hub to your Mac, and start PS4 Remote Play with the lowest settings.

2. Create a new sculpture, select a shape, select stamp instead of smear.

3. Set the pad down on a flat surface and hold options to center your imp.

4. Tilt the DualShock up slightly so you can see the buttons, hold options to recenter the imp again, then set the pad back down. (This helps make the stamp tool avoid hovering over any menus as I’ve found it drifts a bit).

5. Download this AppleScript and either double click it to run, or open with text edit then copy and paste it’s contents into the AppleScript editor program.

6. You may need to hit the Play button to start the script running. If you want to pause or have a break then click on the stop symbol.

A few points to remember:

1. It takes a long time to farm the Blowin’ Up! (Level 30 trophy). I used mine to get from 20-27 and that’s taken overnight.

2. I already got the Puppeteer and Making Some Noise trophies before developing this script so if people that don’t have those could confirm it works - that would be great ? 

3. This script isn’t perfect. If you connection drop via remote play it will stop working. If the imp cursor drifts over a menu item it will stop working.

Please let me know if you use it and how it works out for you, I’d love to hear ??

• Like 3

I don't have the game so I can't use it. But I do have a mac and wonder if you programmed that by yourself? Do you do the same for other games? Or is it hard to learn those abilities for someone who isn't much into programming and stuff?

Edited by Solid-Fisch

4 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I don't have the game so I can't use it. But I do have a mac and wonder if you programmed that by yourself? Do you do the same for other games? Or is it hard to learn those abilities for someone who isn't much into programming and stuff?

I think it only works for presses of the X button so as long as the game you want to use it on can have the button you need remapped to X then you’re good to go :) simple script for sure, open it in text edit to see :)

update: it looks like the D-pad gets mapped to the arrow keys, X becomes return, and O becomes Esc. So that gives use a bit more to play with.

There is the PlayStation, option and share buttons available on the app overlay too, but I’m not sure if it’s possible to call those using AppleScript or not.

Edited by Midgar777
Researched