What PSN level do you consider “Elite” Tier?

1 hour ago, ImmortalFox- said:

Back in the day the higher numbers used to mean something. Not so much now if you look at it that way.

Elite is always going to be subjective. Someone who barely gets trophies will consider someone with a higher level elite and someone with a higher level may see someone with x3 UR trophies than them and find them elite. So it's hard to pinpoint. I've never really considered anyone elite, I appreciate all accounts really whether you have 1,000 trophies or 20,000 trophies same goes for trophy rarity to.

That's why I love subjective threads, diversity of opinion!

4 minutes ago, talespagni said:

"Elite" is hard to define; as already said in the thread, nowadays lots of people appear out of a sudden in the leaderboards, either by playing easy/quick games, and/or stacking multiple shitty games. That wasn't the scenario back in 2012/2013, when I start going after trophies. You had lots of novels, but nowadays there are hundreds of games that fit this profile (and target audience).

I consider an "elite" profile someone who fills 3 things:

- Very high % of completion

- Very high number of finished (100%, not only platinum) games

- Above average quality of games played

The magic number for these 3 factors is up to your imagination.

I’ll challenge only the first of these 3 criteria. Why does a completion rate that’s high have to be in place to be elite? Are you not still elite because you play a game, hate it, and move on? As opposed to say, trying the game on another account, and then not playing it on your “main account”? Or avoiding games you know you can’t complete? You can still complete a lot of above average games, and have a messy profile, but still own a lot of accomplishments. Why does completion rate necessitate elite? 

1 hour ago, talespagni said:

Ok, I'll glady take your challenge, respectfully, of course:

Why does a completion rate that’s high have to be in place to be elite?

Because it's subjective. It's not scientific. It's a matter of opinion, thus that's how I judge the quality related to this topic of debate. Moreover, IMO this shows if the person cares about playing said game from beginning to finish. Note I didn't say platinum or 100% of the trophies, but simply caring enough about the game to finish its story. All the other stuff (trophies, etc) is a consequence of mastering the game.

Are you not still elite because you play a game, hate it, and move on?

Of course not. As I said above, it's all subjective. If you had fun (the main important thing in my opinion), that's all that matters.

As opposed to say, trying the game on another account, and then not playing it on your “main account”?

Well, I think we, as gamers, are all limited by 2 factors: time and money. Say, if you decide to buy X game to play it, it'd be wise to research a bit about it first, as you'd be spending those 2 factors I mentioned.

Or avoiding games you know you can’t complete?

See answer number 2.

You can still complete a lot of above average games, and have a messy profile, but still own a lot of accomplishments. Why does completion rate necessitate elite? 

I think I already answered this above.

Just to make it clear: the most important thing is to spend your time and money wisely, so you can have fun. Videogames are a passtime, above all. Life is more than just leisure.

PS: sorry if my post wasn't what you were expecting, English is not my primary language.

Actually your English is great and I appreciate your perspective, thank you!

• 2 years later...