Brutal without glitch possible?

Hi guys, I previously did brutal on Ucharted 1 thanks to glitch of unlimited ammo and one shoot one kill. Now on 2, like I read on guide, I can't use its (I have the digital version). I try but im blocked on stage 4 from over 2 hours. My main problems are the very very limited ammo and find good spot for shoot enemies while dont get istakill by them. So I would ask you if is possible do brutal run without tweak and if yes, you can give me advice for help. Thanks

1 hour ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Ammo isn't an issue when you can pick up a weapon, drop it, pick up the same weapon somewhere else in the area, and go back to pick up the first weapon. If your doing this for an AK-47 for example, you'll be picking up approximately 60 + 60 ammo, instead of 60 + 2-3. It makes the whole ammo issue trivialized. 

The real issue is when they give you a checkpoint where your exposed in front of enemies and you have to pray to the RNG gods that within your 40th attempt, you'll be able to get to cover safely and actually continue playing the game again. Moments like these are when you can tell that Brutal difficulty wasn't play-tested.

The tip of ammo is very good, thanks. Also if it can be used only in clear area, but definitely better that 2/3 ammo with usual method

1 hour ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I did all the remasters without tweaks on Brutal and in my opinion they arent that hard. Yes some spots are gonna need way more luck than skill, but for the most part if you just are patient and try different methods it will work out. Things I did probably wont work for you. You just have to test what works best and put patience into it.

Maybe I can try to use better cover but some place haven't good vertical spot for shoot. I will follow your advice and try different spot and strategies after a few dies

Uncharted 2 is in my opinion the hardest game in the trilogy to beat on Brutal difficulty. Dealing with those black armored guys, no throwback grenades, and sections like the train that are completely unfair. Not fun.

Enemy by enemy, Uncharted 3 was a little easier to deal with.

Without the tweaks I probably would of done Uncharted: Drake's Fortune in a weekend. I know that game pretty well, even some of the more difficult sections like the area where you meet up again with Victor Sullivan. The infamous water room of course can be glitched, I did that on Crushing, pretty difficult to get by without it.

I would of just gave up on Uncharted 2 and 3 if I had to beat Brutal legit. There's just too many enemies that have perfect aim and cat like reflexes. Plus getting just a couple bullets for weapon pickups is just asinine.

You basically have to have a lot of luck to get through these games on Brutal, and sometimes you can be stuck at a checkpoint until you make dozens of attempts and finally get past.

• Like 1

It's possible, but very VERY frustrating. Because this is such a broken difficulty, you need to abuse the cover trick and the ammo trick (both tricks are described by previous posters)

However, your worst enemy isn't the broken difficulty, but your own sanity. You will be dying so many times to the point where the game feels impossible. So, my advice is to aim for completing checkpoints instead of aiming to clear entire chapters - as in, take your time and don't worry about how many times you've died or how messy it gets, so long as you continue to trigger the next checkpoint you'll eventually get to the end. 

Enjoy mate, don't get too frustrated lol. 

Edited by Roundtoad
Redundant information
  • Like 4

On 5/9/2020 at 9:30 AM, X-Colluz_01 said:

Hi guys, I previously did brutal on Ucharted 1 thanks to glitch of unlimited ammo and one shoot one kill. Now on 2, like I read on guide, I can't use its (I have the digital version). I try but im blocked on stage 4 from over 2 hours. My main problems are the very very limited ammo and find good spot for shoot enemies while dont get istakill by them. So I would ask you if is possible do brutal run without tweak and if yes, you can give me advice for help. Thanks

I haven't tried brutal yet, but, if you're really having a lot of trouble with the game, you could try looking into some boundary breaking glitches, to get through some areas without triggering conflict. Iirc, you can do a guidebook glitch to airwalk, and there's some sections that if you parkour in certain ways (complicated), you'll skip enemies spawn triggers. 

• Like 1

I DID. After a horrible start, I was stuck at chapter 4, thanks at your advice mostly those @Golden Devil Gamer (ammo tip), I managed to beat. It was very difficult but with patience and tactic I can do with not too much time. I would like give a advice, that I have not read on site/forum, for who want attempt to brutal trophy: if you are stuck at checkpoint spawn or want change cover with less risk you can shot without aim while running. Thanks again at all you guys. Now next goal: Uncharted 3 100%.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3937-uncharted-2-among-thieves-remastered/46-charted-brutal

Edited by X-Colluz_01
  • Like 1

You stand behind a cover (wall) but your crosshair is next to a cover. Dont use cover just stand really close to them without using the button :circle: or it will not work.  For some strange reasons you can fire through solid wall but your enemies can't. This work really well in Uncharted 1 and 2, but in 3 I had some problems via camera angles so you need to find a big solid cover, not like in previous ones where you can stand behind a column or a rock. Without this magic trick I think Brutal is impossible. I beat it without tweaks but some arenas like the Uncharted 2 Helicopter escape is 100% luck based because of stupid checkpoint giving you a split second to kill 2 enemies and hide behind a cover. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demek97 said:

You stand behind a cover (wall) but your crosshair is next to a cover. Dont use cover just stand really close to them without using the button :circle: or it will not work.  For some strange reasons you can fire through solid wall but your enemies can't. This work really well in Uncharted 1 and 2, but in 3 I had some problems via camera angles so you need to find a big solid cover, not like in previous ones where you can stand behind a column or a rock. Without this magic trick I think Brutal is impossible. I beat it without tweaks but some arenas like the Uncharted 2 Helicopter escape is 100% luck based because of stupid checkpoint giving you a split second to kill 2 enemies and hide behind a cover. 

Thanks, that's awesome, will try this tomorrow

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I alredy finished the brutal mode, at the beginning I thought it would have me take like a week, but i finished it in 1 day and a half. It's definetly possible without glichts, I think a lot of people are scared by what they read about it and ammos are not that big deal. I had trouble with ammos like 2 times, the real problem is that you get oneshotted almost everytime. The real difficult parts are in the beginning(chapter 3 and 4) and in the end(chapter 22 and 23) and it's fine because if you pass the first part you get confident about the rest of the game and when you are around chapter 22 you are almost finished and you can carry on trought this pain. There are checkpoints really unfair and you may think you'll never pass some gunfhights, but it's totally doable with patience and method. I want remember that this is a my perspective and opinion about the game, someone may disagree.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've just completed brutal mode without any glitches. I did swap weapons to get more ammo, which I consider more of a useful trick than a glitch really. I'm by no means an elite gamer so yes, it's totally doable and it was actually easier than I anticipated. Difficulty is 7 or 8/10, definitely not a 9 or 10. The most difficult rooms are the ones where you don't have much space to move and can't get any safe cover and corner shoot enemies. I had the most trouble with :

• Chapter 4 (when you must defeat waves of enemies and Sully covers you with a sniper rifle)
  • The whole train section (chapters 13-14), especially the very last section of both chapters
  • The whole monastery section (chapters 22-23), especially the moment when enemies (including a shield that made me use every swear word known to mankind, due to lack of grenade) come towards you across a bridge, with a RPG and sniper firing on top.
  • Chapter 25, in the last big room where enemies and guardians fight each other.

Other things that I dreaded turned out to be surprisingly easy due to the experience previously acquired on crushing. This included the first helicopter fight, the big gunfight from the wrecked wagon in chapter 12, the big gunfight in the snow in chapter 15, the village fight in chapters 19-20 and even the final boss, who actually doesn't deal any more damage than in crushing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just completed my brutal run without tweaks as well. It’s not as bad as people make it out to be. Don’t get me wrong, it’s very tough, but doable with good strategy. I followed the guide on YouTube from TheSeraphim17 and it helped me so much. He includes several good tips that make some tough areas much easier. Thanks to the guide that huge fight at the end with blue guys and human enemies in the temple room took me like 3 minutes, and I only had to fight the blue guys. Watch a bit ahead of your own progress and make note of the weapons you need to bring/conserve. No wall glitches, no weird shortcuts that might break your game - just skill and 2-3 spawn controls. And do use the ammo trick to maximize it. I think brutal in U2 has this almost mythical reputation as unbeatable due to the patched tweaks, so not a lot of people try it. I’m glad I did it.

Didn't realise I was one of the few legit owners of this trophy. No wonder it isn't UR when everyone is glitching it.

As a few have mentioned, it isn't actually that hard, it just requires a certain type of gameplay. Blindfire, ammo trick, and wall trick. 

As for bad checkpoints, i hit a checkpoint on the train where i had 2 secs after each retry to headshot snipe some guy three carriages ahead. THAT was truly brutal. But also made me better at shooting games. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2020 at 9:30 AM, X-Colluz_01 said:

Of course it's possible. I found Uncharted 1 much harder than Uncharted 2. I never used any glitch in Uncharted 1 to beat the game on brutal...... which is why Uncharted 2 was probably such a breeze.

Let this be a lesson to you: Don't cheat...... it doesn't make you any better at video games.... so then when the time comes where cheating is impossible, it won't be so hard to beat :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Pretty stupid logic.

Most of everybody has used cheats. Glitches, bugs, exploits that were left in the games by the developers generally because they didn't know about them. This dates all the way back to the days when kids were using Game Genie.

Trophy hunters will use every exploit, loophole and bug for games on this website so long as using such tactics doesn't get them flagged and removed from the leaderboards. I used the Orb Exploit in both Jak 2 and Jak 3. Does that mean I'm an outright cheater because I used something that the developers overlooked? I still had to beat the entire games story wise, some sections were rather difficult and annoying (like the slum town in Jak 2). Now you can just use the Debug Menu to get all the trophies automatically in a matter of minutes. No longer need to play through the story.

Can't use exploits and glitches for the Take the Cannoli trophy in GTA: Vice City. Better sit there for dozens and possibly over 100 hours racking up helicopter kills until I finally get enough points to earn 'Godfather'. Online boosting, that's technically called cheating by some trophy hunters here. Can't have that either.

I used the glitches in all the PS4 remastered Uncharted games on Brutal. It's a bullshit difficulty mode that Bluepoint Games clearly did not design properly. Doing the water room in Uncharted 1 and going through that entire train in Uncharted 2 on Brutal.... not fair in the slightest.

Crushing difficulty is hard but fair. Brutal difficulty is not.

His logic isnt stupid, makes perfect sense. 

Play the hard parts legit to get better at games. 

Not sure how that is stupid.

Surely you can understand that logic with your SMB plat?

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Like 4