Characters whose death in-game made you rejoice

PalaceOfLove706

The character Mud from the Gothic series. A character intentionally designed to be as annoying as possible, a pervert with no boundaries following you around through the colony while interrupting whatever you are currently doing with his stupid voice. Young me did not know you could actually kill friendly npcs for good, and he came back after I beat him up so I thought I was stuck with him. I once lured him deep into the forest trying to get him killed by animals, but he was quick to run away and pestered me again later, so I took him to the most remote place I could find and beat him up again, hoping I could throw him off a cliff or he would get lost on the way back or something. I then discovered the killing move by accident while he was recovering from the beating I gave him. I felt like I legit did something forbidden, but it was still a great feeling to finally be rid of him, killing him in more elaborate ways was a tradition for every new playthrough of this game and it still is among my best memories of this game.

Here is some fanart I stumbled upon, it perfectly captures peoples general opinion when it comes to that character.

gothic__mud_s_last_night_by_andrecronos_

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 2

Emily from Until Dawn. Her mean spoiled behaviour was so annoying and I felt kind of relieved when she died in my playthrough. “Finally that bitch is gone.” ?

I had no mercy at all with some characters in The Witcher 3. I was glad to kill Whoreson Junior.

• Like 4

Edgar Ross in Red Dead Redemption. Still one of the coolest ways to end a game. I made sure to push him into the river for good measure.

Alternatively, Benny from Fallout: New Vegas had it coming. Should have made sure you double-tapped you checkered-suit wearing bastard!

• Like 1

Lau Ka Long - Yakuza Kiwami / 3

Wataru Kurahashi - Yakuza Kiwami 2

Kyohei Jingu - Yakuza Kiwami

Hiroshi Kugihara - Yakuza 5

Mitsuru Kuroiwa - Judge Eyes

Katsumi Sugai - Yakuza 6

Liquid Snake - MGS

Dogeyes Lin - Sleeping Dogs

Henry "Big Smile" Lee - Sleeping Dogs

Liu Shen Tong - Sleeping Dogs

Officer Tenpenny - GTA: San Andreas

Salvatore Leone - GTA: San Andreas / 3

Catalina - GTA: San Andreas / 3

• Like 1

Emperor Tachyon in Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. This is the kind cartoon death, though, where he's not actually killed, just banished from the series. Although how it ends up, he might actually have died eventually, off screen....

One of the most annoying villains in the series. Always squawking about this and that, blah blah "kill them all". And we never really get a good idea of why he's so powerful beyond "look at all the people he BTFO with little explanation!" It just comes off as they needed a bad guy and it didn't really matter who the bad guy was compared with the vastly more important and interesting B and C stories, so here's this guy with a weak backstory. By the end I was completely in the mind set of "I am so done with this asshole, let's never see him again."

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

Frau Engel from Wolfenstein 2. The feeling is 10x sweeter if you manage to off her on Mein Leben ? ⛏️ The mockery and torment she does to you a few times throughout the game is more than enough to make you wanna serve that nice, ice cold dish to her.

Luca Blight from Suikoden II.

He was evil incarnate and powerful to back it up. It literally took three parties of six members each to down him and this was only after an ambush had been set up for him too. If Jowy's ambitions were any less, the betrayal plan may not have taken place and who knows what the story of Suikoden II would have looked like instead.

Micah from RDR2

I feel like most people knew Micah was no good from the moment we met him in RDR2. Something about him just felt shady and off. He proved to be a great villain to hate, even more so considering I played Arthur on a "Good" path and was wholly invested in his redemption.

• Like 1