A Wheely Good Time Help

Kooky_Spooky_

Trophy unlocked! Sorry for the useless post guys, I'm using a different Setup of the previous post in the section.

Anyway this is my setting:

Gear: Automatic

ABS: 4

TCR: 3

STC: 4

Gear Ratio +2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

Good Luck.

• Like 4

On 5/9/2020 at 10:38 PM, Kooky_Spooky_ said:

Trophy unlocked! Sorry for the useless post guys, I'm using a different Setup of the previous post in the section.

Gear Ratio +2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

Good Luck.

Thankyou ill try this. This is the only one i cant do. I gave up because im like know chance ami shaving 2 seconds off my time

I just got this trophy and i thought id give some tips as worked for me.

I played the game with ABS(5) TC(5) SC(5) and when i started i was posting 1.47 times. Tips are saying to play with no assists and i went straight from that to ABS(2) TC(1) SC(1) and i couldnt control the car at all and it became frustrating.

My tip and what worked for me is instead just jumping to no or little assists is the turn them down by 1 then do about 3 laps then reduce them down and continue until you get the trophy. I ended up getting a 1.39.6 using ABS(4) TC(1) SC(1) but it took id say an hour of starting from all 5s and reducing down gradually.

Patience is key to this one but its very achievable. Good luck 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bdias10 said:

how do you control the car at such settings? it always spins so much, its so hard to control, its getting frustrating

Unfortunately you have to get used to it buddy, online there are people who did it with stability set to 0. For me it is equivalent to madness, however with my settings the car was controlled quite well. For the rest, good luck =)

On 5/15/2020 at 7:42 PM, Pell3I6 said:

I just got this trophy and i thought id give some tips as worked for me.

I played the game with ABS(5) TC(5) SC(5) and when i started i was posting 1.47 times. Tips are saying to play with no assists and i went straight from that to ABS(2) TC(1) SC(1) and i couldnt control the car at all and it became frustrating.

My tip and what worked for me is instead just jumping to no or little assists is the turn them down by 1 then do about 3 laps then reduce them down and continue until you get the trophy. I ended up getting a 1.39.6 using ABS(4) TC(1) SC(1) but it took id say an hour of starting from all 5s and reducing down gradually.

Patience is key to this one but its very achievable. Good luck 

Good tips thankyou

On 5/27/2020 at 6:50 AM, bdias10 said:

how do you control the car at such settings? it always spins so much, its so hard to control, its getting frustrating

I think my problem as well is for the last month i have been f1 2019 so jumping from that game to grid is chalk and cheese when it comes to handling

On 27/05/2020 at 8:19 AM, Kooky_Spooky_ said:

Unfortunately you have to get used to it buddy, online there are people who did it with stability set to 0. For me it is equivalent to madness, however with my settings the car was controlled quite well. For the rest, good luck =)

Thank you man, i got it yesterday 1.40.332 , finally after 6h raging at that stupid track

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will have to try out your settings because the best I can do is 1:40:717 and it's seriously pissing me off. I don't know how the fuck fadingtrails in his guide does sub-1:40 without spinning out because if you don't have any assists on, sure, you can go fast but you CAN'T accelerate and turn at the same time without the car spinning out of control from oversteer! 

I've tried keeping all assists at 5 due to the great grip but it's a bit slow and I can't get as much power to achieve the time. When I lower the assists to nothing, I can hit 0:24 flat for the first sector but the car is impossible to control so I don't see this as feasible for me. My bests:

0:24 - sector 1
1:01 - sector 2
Yeah....final sector I think is what fucks me over. It's either the hairpin corner or the final one that slows me down maybe 0.5-1 seconds.

If any of you guys have videos of your laps that would be helpful. 

Edited by thedarkness91

4 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

I will have to try out your settings because the best I can do is 1:40:717 and it's seriously pissing me off. I don't know how the fuck fadingtrails in his guide does sub-1:40 without spinning out because if you don't have any assists on, sure, you can go fast but you CAN'T accelerate and turn at the same time without the car spinning out of control from oversteer! 

I've tried keeping all assists at 5 due to the great grip but it's a bit slow and I can't get as much power to achieve the time. When I lower the assists to nothing, I can hit 0:24 flat for the first sector but the car is impossible to control so I don't see this as feasible for me. My bests:

0:24 - sector 1
1:01 - sector 2
Yeah....final sector I think is what fucks me over. It's either the hairpin corner or the final one that slows me down maybe 0.5-1 seconds.

If any of you guys have videos of your laps that would be helpful. 

Unfortunately I did not record at that moment, but on youtube you can find someone's video, who does not explain anything but at least see the lap to do. I did something like 45 attempts before doing it, always playing with the settings, and in any case the problem and the final curve. I wish you luck =)

You're right! I think the final corner is what screws everyone up....

This trophy is a fucking dick. But I finally did it....I honestly tried multiple settings and tinkered for hours and the best I could do was 1:40:717 or in the late 1:40s! Some say you shouldn't drive with the ABS, Traction Control or Stability Control on but this makes the Aston Martin uncontrollable and a complete over-steering drift machine. Nevertheless, I persevered and found a good setup to go fast:

Tuning:
Gear Ratio and Brake Bias on Default, Springs and Dampers on Softest and Anti-Rol Bar one firmer than Default.

Gameplay Options:
Transmission on Manual Sequential, ABS on 4, Traction- and Stability Control on 0.

Don't be afraid to hit the first wall at the end of the fast starting section. My sector times were around low 0:24s, 1:01 and then 1:40:511. I spent a good 40 minutes rewinding the final corner to get the right braking and accelerating strategy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2020 at 10:38 PM, Kooky_Spooky_ said:

Gear Ratio +2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

Good Luck.

Thanks a lot for this. 

After much frustration using the widely recommended reduced TC and SC settings, I used the exact same settings as you and managed to achieve a time of 140:38. ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, Kooky_Spooky_ said:

Gear Ratio +2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

Good Luck.

Used the same set-up but decreased TCR by 1.

Got the trophy with a time of 1:40;346.

thanks for the help!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, colinnola said:

I was having issues getting this time and tried all the tunes in this thread, but I was just getting worse. So I changed everything back except for the gear ratios and did a 1:40.5 on the second lap.

It was a good distraction from the mindless grinding. 

In fact it is difficult to establish a good setting of the car, I think it depends a lot on the style of the player, I'm glad you did it. Greetings with 40000km

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed today that the trophy somehow glitched on me. I had it unlocked but the actual career milestone in game wasn't unlocked. don't know why.

But I've managed to beat it now, final time is a 1:38,7. I was lucky once with the shortcut at the start of the final sector 

The lap was far from perfect too, I'll share a video in the spoiler tag at the end if anyone :)

Those are my tuning settings:

2Btttce.jpg

Spoiler

Back to grinding miles now. YAAAAAAY

Edited by JayDeLosDioses
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 11:38 PM, Kooky_Spooky_ said:

Gear Ratio +2

Springs +2

Dampers +2

Anti-roll +1

Brake Bias 0

Good Luck.

Used these settings but no TCR and STC and managed to get this done! Used a video guide online for more tips and managed to do this in about an hour of trying, with a 1:40.480. Thanks :)

• Like 1