It's Going to Take Longer than 12-24 Hours...

TheBlaskar

Fastest achiever list here lines up with what you’re saying. 24 hours is about the fastest people here have earned the platinum, and that’s not including any time before the first trophy pops. Having 12+ hours in the guide with no one even close to that here doesn’t seem like that estimation is even close to reality. 

• Like 1

This one is in my backlog, so thanks for the heads up.

That's a problem with lots of guides here, it would help a ton if anyone who got a plat could place how much time it took them so we could see an average of said platinum

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BCarsonElite said:

Anyways, that's about it. Just wanted to tell anybody who's interested that it's going to take longer than 50 hours most likely so don't hope to get this in a day or even weekend.

Howlongtobeat dot com is also a useful site to check average completion times, it has a lot of statistics and 100% for PS4 stands at 65 hours, which is not too far from what you're saying. 

I have completed everything except all the Pantheons legitimately twice. Took me 38 hours on my first playthrought and 24 hours on second playthrought, an year later. Being experienced with a game helps A LOT, but you shouldn't be able to do it really faster on your first ever playthrough; unless you playing with invincibility glitch all the time.

I would say it is a 40 hours average if you use glitch for the pantheons. If you don't use it - God bless you.

Yeah I've argued with the Guide-writer, pretty much along the lines you make. If you know the game by heart, maybe you can plat it in 12 hours. But in that case you don't need the walkthrough. Any newcomer that does the game legit will at least spend 50 hours on this game. Personally, it took me 80 hours to complete. 

Oh, and the estimate was already 12 hours even before the invincibility glitch was shared on this page! So it assumes you do everything legit. No, just no. 

In my opinion, if you publish a guide here, you should put an estimate on the time it will take an average reader to complete the game, not a speedrunner. These guys won't read your guide. 

• Like 2

I have over 100 hours on my clock. 20 to 30 hours for the pantheons (It's a pain if you do it legit), and 70 to 80 hours for the story and other DLC stuff. I used the steam map as well. I am not a fast player, by any means so having times around 40 to 60 hours seems fitting. But 12 hours is a joke for someone who playes it the first time, even a skilled one.

If you have already argued with the guide writer, whats his argument to set time this low?

Im here guys, just give me a shout out if you wanna discuss ;). 

I'll change it guys from 12-50hrs+ if everyone is happy with that, but will explain that the 12hrs is unreachable and only possible with a clean run with few mistakes.

12hrs isnt a speedrun, as Bcarsonelite mentioned above, 4hrs is the record time, im way off. The 12hrs, is just the most OPTIMAL route while playing normally, that is all. It allows the player to know the actual optimal length of the route.

Im not very keen on howlongtobeat.com that det_gittes brought up. There times are  most the time, way off, not just for general play, but even general 100%, speedrun 100% etc. If its a game which is only really ran casually, because its to big or whatever, there timings are not accurate. Of course thats a matter of opinion, this is just mine.

The reason I havent gone for 'average player', is because even average player times can vary a lot. One average player may mess around more, one may die more, one may keep coming back to the game after time away and have to learn everything again etc etc.

The reason I always like to strife for optimal time, and I know not many share this view, is because it is 'consistent' to everyone. Its not targeted at any skill level, play style etc but everyone will know that the path to platinum will take 12 hours error free.

Of course, HK, although the route to plat is 12hrs long, its highly likely going to take much longer as you guys mention. Its a difficult game and all the problem you make encounter along the way will add up and can reach over 50hrs as you say.

I will increase the time guys from 12-50hrs+ and explain why, hope you are happy with that??

Just ask guys, I discussed with some the time before and changed it. If others think I should change it even more, thats fine guys, just give me a knock and we can discuss ;)

Thanks guys for mentioning it all, hopefully the new timings will give players a better perspectives

EDIT:

Just changed from 12-36 to 12-50hrs+ and I explained that the pathing is 12hrs long and that it will take you much longer due to deaths etc which is where the 50+ comes in.

Hope that reasonable? Just pm me next time guys or get me on youtube for any off my guides, everyone's view is important and matters so I will always be happy to discuss.

Roll on Silksong, 

Peace ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

First time took me also 80h to beat (~60% pantheons), second region few months after took me sth like 30. I continued playng cuz i really like this game and when decided to go for all steam achievements, it took me less than 8 hours but thats including hard speedruning strats, perfect bosses with weak nail and charms and pantheons first try and poh 2nd. So yup, its impossible 

11 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The 12hrs, is just the most OPTIMAL route while playing normally, that is all. It allows the player to know the actual optimal length of the route.

Yes, and if you are experienced you can plat this game in 12 hours. But then you don't need a guide. The problem I have with your 12 hour estimate is that I have meanwhile read about a lot of people that gave this game a go after having read your 12 hour estimate only to find out that it's pretty much impossible to be below 50 hours if you are playing for the first time. It's misleading, is all, and unfair to new players. 

15 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I will increase the time guys from 12-50hrs+ and explain why, hope you are happy with that??

Just ask guys, I discussed with some the time before and changed it. If others think I should change it even more, thats fine guys, just give me a knock and we can discuss ;)

Well, there was already quite the discussion going on in the comment section of the guide, but you stated multiple times that you want to stick to the 12 hours ? I would be happy to see the estimate change to 50+ hours and make a remark that your optimal route allows an experienced player to do the thing in 12. The other way around puts too much emphasis on the 12 hours, which again, is not realistic for 99% of players. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Snaki-0 said:

First time took me also 80h to beat (~60% pantheons), second region few months after took me sth like 30. I continued playng cuz i really like this game and when decided to go for all steam achievements, it took me less than 8 hours but thats including hard speedruning strats, perfect bosses with weak nail and charms and pantheons first try and poh 2nd. So yup, its impossible 

23 minutes ago, Snaki-0 said:

I'll change it to 50hrs+ and leave it there.

Some have told me 50, 60, 70 and upwards, generally between 50 and 100 usually 

Going for all steam achievements is hardcore, I once though about that on switch, but then thought I like my life how it is ;)

Yea, I can see the attraction for more reason to play, its a great game

18 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Yes, and if you are experienced you can plat this game in 12 hours. But then you don't need a guide. The problem I have with your 12 hour estimate is that I have meanwhile read about a lot of people that gave this game a go after having read your 12 hour estimate only to find out that it's pretty much impossible to be below 50 hours if you are playing for the first time. It's misleading, is all, and unfair to new players. 

Well, there was already quite the discussion going on in the comment section of the guide, but you stated multiple times that you want to stick to the 12 hours ? I would be happy to see the estimate change to 50+ hours and make a remark that your optimal route allows an experienced player to do the thing in 12. The other way around puts too much emphasis on the 12 hours, which again, is not realistic for 99% of players. 

We had and I had changed the estimate, I thought I remembered you or the players in mention being happy with that. Apologies if I missed anything there, i've been busy lately and haven't had chance to go over all the comment sections for my guides.

I'll make a strong point that the 12hr iss unreachable, but the route is 12hrs long.

I know you believe I should remove the mention of the 12hrs, but from my opinion, I like people to know the optimal length of the route. If not, although your happy, I may players in the future say 'I know you state 60hrs+, but how long if I just go for it, how long if I have played before, how long if I use the glitch" etc etc, you see my conundrum here

I can never please everyone, but I can show the most optimal path and gives a consistent basis for everyone to go off. And of course myself mentioning that the 12hrs is highly impossible for a newcomer and will likely take 50hrs+ hopefully makes up for it.

I'm with you that I perhaps should have mentioned all this at the start, so probably dropped the ball there.

And hopefully what I change it to now will be reasonable??

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...