Platinum unobtainable

Valkirye22

So what’s the status of this game as of August? Are trophies still super buggy? I was also reading that you NEED the season pass / DLC to obtain the Platinum... that true? This game looks like the perfect choice for a chill session but if it’s still a complete mess, I’d have to pass on it.

Just reaching out for any insights before purchasing. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

So what’s the status of this game as of August? Are trophies still super buggy? I was also reading that you NEED the season pass / DLC to obtain the Platinum... that true? This game looks like the perfect choice for a chill session but if it’s still a complete mess, I’d have to pass on it.

Just reaching out for any insights before purchasing. Thanks in advance!

It was platinumable from the patch that came around the timestamp of the comments before.

To be safe I'd recommend playing solo as much as you can and slowly cleaning up map by map rather than jumping around or having a lot of tasks half finishing a bunch at the time.

I haven't played in a while but certain areas might still be crash-prone - lake in Alaska and lake/swamp in Oregon(?).

Could have been adressed in the patches but also playable slowly and in 3rd person.

It is a good game, and a 100+ hour chill sessions I would recommend, although it has its issues as you saw. I hold the platinum without the DLC/pass bought

• Like 1

I haven't had a crash in months, game is running completely fine now. All progress seems to work (watchtowers, missions, upgrades), but there might be bugs in coop.

The only bigger problem I currently know of is the progression tied into the dlc, but they'll fix it. They're not fast, but doing their job.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

It is a good game, and a 100+ hour chill sessions I would recommend, although it has its issues as you saw. I hold the platinum without the DLC/pass bought

12 minutes ago, bioxz said:

The only bigger problem I currently know of is the progression tied into the dlc, but they'll fix it. They're not fast, but doing their job.

Thanks for the fast answers you two, didn’t quite expect that. Sounds like it’s solid at this point, only thing I’m still unsure on is if I should be spending the extra 20$ for the season pass version. Mainly because Valk said they completed the plat w/o the pass and Bio said the DLC is tied into progression which I assume ties it to the plat.

Valk did you get the plat before the DLC came out? That would explain it. Since you wouldn’t have been effected by the DLC release messing with the Plat.

Thanks again you two!

On 8/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, Ac3dUd3- said:

someone wanna fill me in on what is happening?

So it seems like some of the base game trophy "Workaholic" requires you to reach an ingame completion which includes the DLCs contracts -- even if you don't own the DLC. I think there is no reason to adjust the guide, as it should be a bug and will most likely be fixed with the next patch.

Weirdly enough, I've just unlocked "Ain't no rest for the...trucker?" with 87% overall completion. I have 100% in Michigan and Taymyr, but only 90% in Alaska. I've loaded into the DLC but haven't done anything there. So you can unlock that trophy without even finishing all tasks and contests in the base game. I guess the new tasks and contests from Rift (which basically isn't DLC but base game content) count for the trophies, but didn't increase required number of them to do.

There are 9 (8 tasks and 1 contest) new missions in Rift and I have 9 (6 tasks and 3 contests) open in Alaska. So the addition of Rift gives you a buffer of 9 mission for the "Ain't no rest for the...trucker?" trophy. That could be interesting for your guide if they don't fix it.

• Like 2

I had a couple weird things happen in-game recently, too. Driving around the DLC map gave me the "Find all Watchtowers" trophy even though I've barely touched Taymr in either of my saves. And this happened before I created the new save.

Edit - It was actually the "Visit every garage" trophy that unlocked, not the watchtower one. I didn't unlock the last garage in Taymr so I'm guessing the game counted the Lake Kovd one as the final garage I needed.

Also, I used Mission Restart when I messed up a main mission in Alaska and the objective trailer disappeared and won't respawn. Don't have the game in front of me right now, but it's the one where you have to haul the big Oil Rig Semi-Trailer from Mountain River to the port. It completely stopped my progress and I had to start a new save. I've been too scared to use restart since.

Just a couple things to look out for.

Edited by Static_Rook
wrong trophy info

• 3 weeks later...

So far everything seems fine with my game too. I take it very slowly: 

- completed Michigan with only time trials left untouched.

- started the first map in Alaska and half-finished it so far then I moved to the first map in Taymyr where right now I'm aiming for Western Wind trophy and I think I'll manage. 

I know I messed up the Broken Horse trophy in Michigan, because I repaired the truck that was stationed near the first garage. Is there any other truck in the game which is broken so I can get that trophy? 

The game crushed on me only twice around May or June. I try to play it once, twice a week for 2-3 hours and it works fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, LukeSpidey said:

I know I messed up the Broken Horse trophy in Michigan, because I repaired the truck that was stationed near the first garage. Is there any other truck in the game which is broken so I can get that trophy?

If you still need Broken Horse, I got it by dropping one of the scout vehicles from a heavy crane over and over until all the tires broke. Then I repaired everything but the tires on the scout to make it drivable, and then just drove it around the garage until the trophy popped.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...