Xbox One Forum

SantaMonicaZero

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

pretty sure there is already another thread for this. i just dont know where.

You might be confused with a Nintendo Switch forum, I just looked around the forums and i mainly only saw is Xbox Series X and Xbox 360 related forums.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SantaMonicaZero said:

Since I got my One X in April 2020, it is my main console to play on. I got MK11, Man of Medan, Monopoly Plus, Emily Wants To Play, AC Odyssey and much more.

What games have you all been playing on your Xbox One recently??

I’ve been playing the halo master chief collection and final fantasy 15 :3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, balotelli_boy45 said:

You say this on a playstation website many people are going to disagree with you. 

Oh well, there's an off-topic section and this is in the other consoles section so its ok. I love the Playstation 4, but Xbox is my fav! It's ok for people to disagree with my opinion.

16 minutes ago, EternalSophie said:

I’ve been playing the halo master chief collection and final fantasy 15 :3

Awesome man! Im assuming you play them through Game Pass? or nah

• Like 1

Well, I jumped on the XBOX train a few years ago. I mostly own console exclusives since I had the idea once to own a PS4 for all the other multiplatform/PS4 exclusive games, but that ship has sailed a long time ago I'm afraid, given that the PS5 is around the corner.

I'm currently playing the Gears games, specifically Gears 5, which I'm having a blast with.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

Well, I jumped on the XBOX train a few years ago. I mostly own console exclusives since I had the idea once to own a PS4 for all the other multiplatform/PS4 exclusive games, but that ship has sailed a long time ago I'm afraid, given that the PS5 is around the corner.

I'm currently playing the Gears games, specifically Gears 5, which I'm having a blast with.

As you can tell by my profile, I LOVE Gears 5. Its one of my favs. I'm curious, what made you jump? For me it was Gears of War 4, the Project Scorpio and E3 2016 announcements.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SantaMonicaZero said:

As you can tell by my profile, I LOVE Gears 5. It's one of my favs. I'm curious, what made you jump? For me, it was Gears of War 4, the Project Scorpio, and E3 2016 announcements.

I guess I just needed a change, but the selling point for me was the "backward compatibility" meaning I'd get to play both XBOX One and XBOX 360 exclusives. I've got a modest library (just around 20+ games), and I haven't even tried/played them all!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

I guess I just needed a change, but the selling point for me was the "backward compatibility" meaning I'd get to play both XBOX One and XBOX 360 exclusives. I've got a modest library (just around 20+ games), and I haven't even tried/played them all!

Yeah and a big one is how EA Access on XB1 has 360 games like Skate 3 and Battlefield 3 and PS4 dosen't. Games play best on Xbox One X, so I finally was able to afford one recently. 4 years of waiting for a One X is over. I live on Game Pass now lol. I'm starting to build my Xbox digital library up too. Before E3 2016, I was a PlayStation fanboy and hated Xbox for no reason. I realized that was wrong and saw the "other" side! I use my PS4 for exclusives now or if I see a good sale for a game!

Edited by SantaMonicaZero
had to make my wording better
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SantaMonicaZero said:

Yeah and a big one is how EA Access on XB1 has 360 games like Skate 3 and Battlefield 3 and PS4 dosen't. Games play best on Xbox One X, so I finally was able to afford one recently. 4 years of waiting for a One X is over. I live on Game Pass now lol. I'm starting to build my Xbox digital library up too. Before E3 2016, I was a PlayStation fanboy and hated Xbox for no reason. I realized that was wrong and saw the "other" side! I use my PS4 for exclusives now or if I see a good sale for a game!

Lucky you on getting that XBOX One X! I still have to acquire one (was hoping for a PS4 Pro/XBOX One X console combo, but I guess that'll never happen, or at least in the short term).

I've got mostly physical games, with the occasional digitals from XBOX store sales.

I love playing the Xbox and over the last year have been spending more and more time there. Mainly play Forza H 3 + 4 and then random picks on gamepass which is the greatest gaming thing for sure. Just picked up Forza 7 such a great game and most likely the most beautiful thing on console. 

Anticipating the next Xbox, will be the first time I buy an X day one (hopefully).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

Lucky you on getting that XBOX One X! I still have to acquire one (was hoping for a PS4 Pro/XBOX One X console combo, but I guess that'll never happen, or at least in the short term).

I've got mostly physical games, with the occasional digitals from XBOX store sales.

The $500 price on the One X was wayyy to much money for me to spend. I found a new one for $300. A good deal and I hear they might be discontinued soon. I have the following: PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One and Xbox One X. The reason I say that is because that's it. I'm never buying a PS5, maybe not even a Series X at all. I'm happy with what I have an need no more consoles for the foreseeable future. Maybe I'll hop on the PS6 lolol.

15 minutes ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

I love playing the Xbox and over the last year have been spending more and more time there. Mainly play Forza H 3 + 4 and then random picks on gamepass which is the greatest gaming thing for sure. Just picked up Forza 7 such a great game and most likely the most beautiful thing on console. 

Anticipating the next Xbox, will be the first time I buy an X day one (hopefully).

I also think Game Pass is like the best thing in gaming. It allows me to pay $15 for a month of Ultimate and play new game for a low low cost. I see Forza 7 for $20, good deal. When you just say X I get confused since there's the Series X and the One X. I won't buy a Series X for many reasons including financial. 

UPDATE lol you know what, i'm buying Forza 7 right now. $20 is too good of a deal to pass up.

Edited by SantaMonicaZero
  • Like 1

I’ve got an Xbox One X (and will be trading it in for an Xbox Series X) that I bought exclusively for...exclusives.  I don’t have GamePass or Live Gold...I just buy what I need to not have that ‘FOMO’ feeling (all Gears games, Halo Collection, Forza’s, etc).

I don’t have enough time in the day to get all my PlayStation games done, let alone get serious with another ecosystem of achievements.  Plus...when you start off hunting trophies and you meet people with trophy levels in the 20’s/30’s/40’s you have a sense of competition to catch up to them (especially when your first platinum will catapult you to about a level 4), versus you having 0 achievement points starting out and your friends have...millions.  Yeah.  ?

36 minutes ago, Lan Stee said:

Used to main Xbox but was turned off by the lack of great games on the Xbox One so I changed to PlayStation when my housemate gave me his PS3.

Understandable

46 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

I never understood why ppl buying an xbox, isnt there a side for xbox like psnp? xD

I don't think there's a site just like this for xbox. I grew up with the 360, so nostalgia take a part in me liking Xbox. Game sales are good, better download speeds and more powerful box.

1 hour ago, Starcade_Legend said:

I’ve got an Xbox One X (and will be trading it in for an Xbox Series X) that I bought exclusively for...exclusives.  I don’t have GamePass or Live Gold...I just buy what I need to not have that ‘FOMO’ feeling (all Gears games, Halo Collection, Forza’s, etc).

I don’t have enough time in the day to get all my PlayStation games done, let alone get serious with another ecosystem of achievements.  Plus...when you start off hunting trophies and you meet people with trophy levels in the 20’s/30’s/40’s you have a sense of competition to catch up to them (especially when your first platinum will catapult you to about a level 4), versus you having 0 achievement points starting out and your friends have...millions.  Yeah.  1f627.png

I also bought an Xbox One at first for the exclusives or FOMO. Thankfully I have all the time to play and finish any game. I know what its like to start and want to be like the rank 20+ people on psn. I have 3 psn accounts only this one is at 20 or above. I also felt that I needed to get a higher rank to seem important or to look like I am a serious gamer or something lol. It's ok to be a low level, dosen't mean your not a "true" gamer haha.

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

And here's me who does also own an Xbox One X and has packed it away and maybe selling it because it makes me feel conflicted between it and PS4. I never had any friends in my friends list on Xbox.

Hey, I never had any either lolol.

7 hours ago, SantaMonicaZero said:

I also bought an Xbox One at first for the exclusives or FOMO. Thankfully I have all the time to play and finish any game. I know what its like to start and want to be like the rank 20+ people on psn. I have 3 psn accounts only this one is at 20 or above. I also felt that I needed to get a higher rank to seem important or to look like I am a serious gamer or something lol. It's ok to be a low level, dosen't mean your not a "true" gamer haha.

I think you misunderstood me.

If you look on your PSNProfiles page, it shows ‘Games Played’ (343) and ‘Games Completed’ (9), where as for me it’s 259 ‘Games Played’ (a lot of those are 0%} and 130-something ‘Games Completed’.  That’s what the average trophy hunter defines as ‘completing’ or ‘finishing’ a game.  With those parameters, I can’t do both Xbox and PlayStation ecosystem.

Of course I could play and beat a game on both, no problem with that!  Is that what you call a ‘TRUE’ gamer, to just beat a lot of games?  ?

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Punctuation