Vita Trick: Risky or safe?

VoidVictorious

I have read dispute after dispute about people using the vita trick and ending up with either missing time stamps or out of order trophies. I want to do a delisted game. Is there a good way to do it in multiple sittings without ending up with these problems? I am looking for a fool proof solution. As many details as possible please! Thanks!

What causes things to go out of order or missing time stamps? Can I check before I sync?

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Follow the instructions here to the letter and if you mess up, wipe your profile and saves before trying again so you don't end up with impossible timestamps or trophy orders:

Also online or offline? 

I just asked Hakoom and despite the fact that you can’t verify that there is a time stamp or things are in the right order he said: “you are 101% safe.” I’d like to see that before possibly ruining my profile. Anyway to verify?

Edited by VoidVictorious

3 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I just asked Hakoom and despite the fact that you can’t verify that there is a time stamp or things are in the right order he said: “you are 101 safe.” I’d like to see that before possibly ruining my profile. Anyway to verify?

You could always try on a dummy account. 

I would like to know what to do and what not to do because replicating results is tricky. You know?

1 minute ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

You could always try on a dummy account. 

I would like to know how people have messed up in the past because we couldn’t possibly have so many disputes if it was a bullet proof method.

8 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I can't answer the question but if you are this worried about it then I'd suggest it really isn't worth the risk at all.

I appreciate that feedback, but I am really looking for answers to my inquiries. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Any other posts are welcome!

Edited by VoidVictorious

Are there online trophies in the game?

If not. Play the game on the account it's from until you got the plat. WiFi OFF. Then do the trick.

If you have a Vita TV. Use the LAN cable and have it unplugged until you're ready to do the trick.

If you worry about any trophies being synched to the wrong account you can always use your PS4 to check.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Just check the Top10 LB:

60% of the profiles have this "nice" blue "H" letter on their profile. Why?  Guess ;).

My personal opinion: do not touch it, Murphy's law will apply anyway.

So you’re telling me you don’t think it is possible to do this without messing up? Does Hakoom have a game hidden (I assume that’s what the “H” means)

2 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

Are there online trophies in the game?

If not. Play the game on the account it's from until you got the plat. WiFi OFF. Then do the trick.

If you have a Vita TV. Use the LAN cable and have it unplugged until you're ready to do the trick.

If you worry about any trophies being synched to the wrong account you can always use your PS4 to check.

No, I thought you do the trick and then play the game. So alt to main, correct?

It is a friend’s account and not my account. Are you talking about a different method?

Edited by VoidVictorious

8 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

So you’re telling me you don’t think it is possible to do this without messing up? Does Hakoom have a game hidden (I assume that’s what the “H” means)

No, I will not tell you that. I will just state my personal opinion that you can get 100 plats from other regions on PSV thanks to this thing and then out of nowhere sth will go wrong and 101 will mess up your profile (like in 50% of 60% cases mentioned I am personally aware of).

About second sentence you wrote - you can check it by yourself.

Edit:

Anyway, as stated above: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/59929-how-to-get-other-region-vita-games-trophies-without-cfw/

is the proper topic to discuss it.

Edited by Smashero

1 minute ago, AvengedEvil said:

Tbh, I don't know what you expect to hear from people. There is already a thread where everything is explained in detail. Even some people are saying that this trick is 101% safe, disputes tell a different story. If you're too anxious about your profile getting messed up, just don't do the trick. This one game isn't worth the risk imho.

Have you done it? I am looking for personal experiences and how to avoid problems. My first post made that pretty clear, but I also want to know why that thread is filled with success stories and the dispute thread is filled with failures. I want details! lol

If there is no online trophy, play it always when you are offline, and you are safe.

If there are online trophies, things could be tricky.

Games are able to trigger the trophy synchronization any time they want. When it triggers the synchronization and you have trophies not uploaded to your main account yet, those trophies will be uploaded to your current account and won’t be uploaded to any other account any more.

So, if you could do the trick every time after you get some trophies and before the game triggers synchronization, you are fine. However, when the game triggers synchronization might be unpredictable.

Even games with no online trophy might also trigger trophy synchronization. Example: Senran Kagura Bon Appetit checks if there is any DLC content when it boots, and triggers trophy synchronization.

Another thing you want to take into consideration is whether your sub-account has got some trophies. In PS Vita, trophies might have been synchronized to your console, but are invisible until you start the game for the first time. So, if you have played a game and got some trophies on your sub-account before, they might have been on your newly-formatted Vita but just invisible. A safe way to confirm this is to always check the Trophies app after booting a game for the first time. If an empty trophy set is added to your Vita, you are fine. If not, use CMA to backup once and restore once your Vita. Downloaded games, settings and emails will be backed up, so you don’t have to worry about setting your email again, while trophies will be cleared during the process.

4 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

If there is no online trophy, play it always when you are offline, and you are safe.

If there are online trophies, things could be tricky.

Games are able to trigger the trophy synchronization any time they want. When it triggers the synchronization and you have trophies not uploaded to your main account yet, those trophies will be uploaded to your current account and won’t be uploaded to any other account any more.

So, if you could do the trick every time after you get some trophies and before the game triggers synchronization, you are fine. However, when the game triggers synchronization might be unpredictable.

Even games with no online trophy might also trigger trophy synchronization. Example: Senran Kagura Bon Appetit checks if there is any DLC content when it boots, and triggers trophy synchronization.

Another thing you want to take into consideration is whether your sub-account has got some trophies. In PS Vita, trophies might have been synchronized to your console, but are invisible until you start the game for the first time. So, if you have played a game and got some trophies on your sub-account before, they might have been on your newly-formatted Vita but just invisible. A safe way to confirm this is to always check the Trophies app after booting a game for the first time. If an empty trophy set is added to your Vita, you are fine. If not, use CMA to backup once and restore once your Vita. Downloaded games, settings and emails will be backed up, so you don’t have to worry about setting your email again, while trophies will be cleared during the process.

So at what step would I go offline and do the time stamps and exact order transfer and not change when I go back online to sync?

2 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

So at what step would I go offline and do the time stamps and exact order transfer and not change when I go back online to sync?

For games with no online trophy:

1. Go offline before you start the game for the first time.
  2. After starting the game, go to Trophies app to make sure an empty trophy set is added.
  3. After getting all trophies, close the game before getting online.

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

I just asked Hakoom and despite the fact that you can’t verify that there is a time stamp or things are in the right order he said: “you are 101% safe.” I’d like to see that before possibly ruining my profile. Anyway to verify?

You're not 101% safe. I did metagal platinum for myself, easy no problem.

I had done it 3 times in one day and was starting my forth run for my friends account, I spammed the buttons to skip the intro (forgetting that it's a trophy).

I completed the game and did the complete the intro trophy last, its popped platinum at 1% in just a few seconds. I completed the game again to finally get 100% and it no longer says done in seconds. If I hadn't of done it the second time my friends account would of be flagged. 

I've done every other game fine, possibly 100-200 platinum for myself and friends and metagal is the only issue I have encountered. I recently did it for myself again and it didn't glitch. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, GhostBusters_23 said:

You're not 101% safe. I did metagal platinum for myself, easy no problem.

I had done it 3 times in one day and was starting my forth run for my friends account, I spammed the buttons to skip the intro (forgetting that it's a trophy).

I completed the game and did the complete the intro trophy last, its popped platinum at 1% in just a few seconds. I completed the game again to finally get 100% and it no longer says done in seconds. If I hadn't of done it the second time my friends account would of be flagged. 

I've done every other game fine, possibly 100-200 platinum for myself and friends and metagal is the only issue I have encountered. I recently did it for myself again and it didn't glitch. 

So what do you suggest to avoid that issue?

Edit: BTW I don’t believe in anything I cannot verify so blindly syncing without seeing the time stamp first seems really risky. There has to be some way to verify.

Edited by VoidVictorious