How many Ultra Rare trophies make a Profile “Cool”?

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

It's pointless on an objective scale, but it shouldn't be pointless subjectively as long as it brings enjoyment to your life. Ain't that the point? Making your limited time on earth great? 

And I don't mean trophies alone, I also mean the other points you made. And I can relate very well to exactly those examples, as I have myself done a PhD / postdoc, am part of a music band and hunt trophies 1f602.png

Nice to know there’s others out there navigating the dismal terrain of academia while gaming it up!!!

Personally I think just play what you actually want to play and UR trophies will come naturally. To actively play games to get more UR isn’t my kind of thing but to others it is.

To be fair most UR are just grinds, or because the game has a low fan base.

7 minutes ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

Personally I think just play what you actually want to play and UR trophies will come naturally. To actively play games to get more UR isn’t my kind of thing but to others it is.

To be fair most UR are just grinds, or because the game has a low fan base.

Some UR are just grindy yes, but yesterday I did God Status and Twins from Badland and yeah...it was a grind in the sense I had to try 300 times, but highly skill and practice dependent. Some UR showcase that 

To me there really isn't any set number of UR trophies that are "cool".  About the only thing I would find strange is if someone has a lot of games played and trophies earned and hasn't even earned a single UR trophy yet.  I think someone who plays games they enjoy and attempts to play to completion in most games is bound to get a few URs along the way, so no URs at all is a bit weird, especially if they have more games played or trophies than I have.

However, I also think the amount of URs is really going to depend on the types of games people like and the platform and regions they play on.  Some genres have more URs than others and some genres have more grindy URs than skill based ones.  I know of my UR plats earned so far the only ones that needed some level of skill were my two Ys Origin plats since nightmare boss rush is actually tricky and takes some practice to get through even with the easiest character to do it with.  The rest of them were just grindy.

5 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Some UR are just grindy yes, but yesterday I did God Status and Twins from Badland and yeah...it was a grind in the sense I had to try 300 times, but highly skill and practice dependent. Some UR showcase that 

Oh I’m not saying all UR are easy, just most of them. I have some hard UR trophies but I also have some that are not but I considered to be harder to achieve. 

it’s such a mix that it’s very hard to judge trophies on rarity, even ps+ can skew it as most playstation players are not trophy hunters but download the free games.

3 minutes ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

Oh I’m not saying all UR are easy, just most of them. I have some hard UR trophies but I also have some that are not but I considered to be harder to achieve. 

it’s such a mix that it’s very hard to judge trophies on rarity, even ps+ can skew it as most playstation players are not trophy hunters but download the free games.

That’s why I prefer PSNP rarity to the regular one - I think it showcases rarity among accounts that, at least casually, go for trophies. 

• Like 1

Objectively you can measure how good a profile is with certain standards, URs, plat count, completion %. And i'm sure every one of us has a very different view of what they believe makes a good profile and what makes a bad one. So defining a general one is going to be impossible. Especially with absolute numbers. It really comes down to which specific games you have done.

Personally i try to not choose which games i play from a trophy perspective, as usually it leads to games that i don't enjoy playing. Whether a games all has UR trophies or Common ones is not really a big deal as long as i enjoy the game. Sooner or later the UR count will increase, especially if you try out a variety of games.

Edited by xZoneHunter

• 1 year later...

It's pretty easy, actually.

Cool: Basically any game you finish and takes some effort on your side. The rarer the Platinum the cooler.
Trash: Stacks, auto-pop, 90-minute Platinums, any other way to artificially boost score nobody cares about.
Utter trash: Various combinations of elements in the Trash list.
Pathetic: Playing last-gen version of a game on a current-gen console for the sole purpose of being able to auto-pop later.

Utter cool: Playing games for fun and hunting 100% completion only for games you like!

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1