ArmoredSnowman

PlayStation Store Suspended in Mainland China

14 posts in this topic

So apparently there was some "back door" issues with the Chinese PSNStore (but no other regions?), and Mainland China's storefront has been suspended, with no timeframe for reinstatement.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/playstation_store_suspended_indefinitely_in_china

I will have to go on my China account to see if my download list still works, but this will definitely prove an issue for those of us who like to stack games, or wanted some of the exclusive-China games. 

As proof: https://store.playstation.com/zh-hans-cn/home/games 

Daniel Ahmad tweeted that an Xbox fanboy reported a vulnerability:

Whether they were reporting an actual problem or just screwing with Sony, who knows. Ahmad intentionally called the person a fanboy...

China requires many things when it came to opening the video game market and one of those things was absolute control over what is accessible to users. Someone claimed that a user in the China PS Store could switch to a non-China store and unapproved obtain things through the store. Sony is likely be taken to task and asked to prove it’s not possible before China allows them to reopen. 

21 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Ahem... “temporarily” suspended, it seems.

Does the word "suspend" not imply a temporary state any more?

6 minutes ago, Helyx said:

This is China we're talking about.

7 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

This is China we're talking about.

Think of all the games we're missing out on that are exclusive to CN region...all three of them.

Does that mean they can't download farmer simulator and city builder? Damn, feel sorry for them.

Sounds like peps were just creating non chinese accounts to access netflix or the hub lol

China is right, gotta close all backdoors, those are highly dangerous individuous

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, sk_lp_him said:

Does that mean they can't download farmer simulator and city builder? Damn, feel sorry for them.

Edited by steel6burgh

This is sad.

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

Right. English isn’t my first language, I thought “suspended” meant definitely forever gone.

I’m not surprised that this happened though, its China.

59 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Right. English isn’t my first language, I thought “suspended” meant definitely forever gone.

I’m not surprised that this happened though, its China.

Yes, suspended usually means temporary, whereas terms like 'shut down' or 'closed' or 'banned' would infer permanent. But this is China, and they have been very slow in allowing PlayStation games into their country (don't think there are any China PS3 games, actually). 

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

Think of all the games we're missing out on that are exclusive to CN region...all three of them.

True,since most of their trophysets are stacks of other games, but it would definitely suck for people wanting Chinese versions of Street Fighter V, CastleStorm, Hohokum, Krinkle Krusher, among others. Haven't had a chance to check my Chinese account, but I would hate if I can't access my download list after having just recently bought Mr. Pumpkin 2.