The Endless Backlog

Kaomma2020

Yes, hello, I see this is a new thread so I am keen to lend my support. Quite the endless backlog indeed, but some very manageable games on there. I would recommend GTA III or San Andreas (Vice City is a pain with the Cannoli Trophy) or Hitman (2016) to start off with. In fact, Hitman is so quick and easy, you could polish that off in no time flat (says the veteran with countless hours on the Steam version).

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I have yet to finish this off and have other games that have been brought recently to add to the list since I can only add so many to the post in one time before needing to do something else. As for the games in question I am going to finish off the current ones or at least 2 of them before starting a new game which I was thinking Monster Hunter next (Even though that is 2 games in 1 with Icebourne) Since I was going to play through it with a friend but the awkwardness of multiplayer made it pointless. Nevertheless going to attempt this solo with probably a lot of SOS calls once I get through SAO:FB and probably SAO:HR since those are my closest ones to being finished I believe.

16 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

I noticed you had a few LEGO games in the backlog. I would go for those. They are a bit time-consuming but after you complete the story mode, the collection goes pretty fast. :)

I do like the lego games at least the previous ones I have played so might do them sooner rather than later will see what happens :)

13 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Welcome to our little corner of the forums. 

Thank you I plan on spending a ... very long time here at this rate 

On 5/14/2020 at 6:26 AM, Kaomma2020 said:

Thanks for the advice. I have yet to finish this off and have other games that have been brought recently to add to the list since I can only add so many to the post in one time before needing to do something else. As for the games in question I am going to finish off the current ones or at least 2 of them before starting a new game which I was thinking Monster Hunter next (Even though that is 2 games in 1 with Icebourne) Since I was going to play through it with a friend but the awkwardness of multiplayer made it pointless. Nevertheless going to attempt this solo with probably a lot of SOS calls once I get through SAO:FB and probably SAO:HR since those are my closest ones to being finished I believe.

SOS calls help, but I hope you find a crew soon. It makes the grinding less formidable.  I would recommend Ni No Kuni 2 since it's an easy-ish plat. It's good to intersperse easy and difficult games while you manage your backlog. Good luck!

• Like 1

UnnaturalThoroughChinchilla-size_restric

This backlog looks intimidating. ? Endless, indeed. 

I see you have a great variety of games in terms of genres and difficulty. A lot of familiar platinum icons. My advice would be to start Rayman Legends earlier. As far as I know, there is a trophy for getting a certain amount of points from daily challenges, and you'll be coming back to this game for weeks and weeks. Not 100% sure as I haven't played this game yet, but maybe it's a good idea to play those dailies alongside some other games.

And good luck with that Star Ocean 4. According to people on this site, that platinum alone will take as much time and dedication as half of your list ?

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 11:35 AM, Alderriz said:

And good luck with that Star Ocean 4. According to people on this site, that platinum alone will take as much time and dedication as half of your list 1f643.png

Honestly this is one of the ones that I have been looking forward to most but again it will be a lot of effort.

On 15/05/2020 at 1:42 PM, Berendsapje said:

Just a question: What platform is Need for Speed Rivals on? Also, Need for Speed (2015) has a pretty easy platinum, but the 100% is really hard. Hope that you have like 150 hours for Persona 5, great game but long platinum.

All games will be on PS4 or PS5 considering I do not plan to have them done in time for that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1S5a1e83.png

Obtained 14/06/2020

Difficulty 3/10 

Enjoyment 7/10

Overall 7/10

So after so long I can finally add this to the list of completed games. Well I say so long this only took 2 weeks. 1 of those weeks I didn't even play the game since I was too busy and the actual play time was around 30 hours if that. This is an enjoyable game I will give it that the only reason I wouldn't put it higher than a 7 though was the fact that you need to do 3 playthroughs of this game in order to get the platinum. This normally isn't a problem for me but it just got repetitive after a while so it took some of the fun a way. Other than that I have no real problems with this game and for the most part I quite enjoyed it. I would compare it to a kids version of Diablo 3 but much much easier and no real penalty for dying. In future updates though I would like to see something along the lines of permadeath characters being added in order to add an extra layer of challenge to the game. But in order to make this fair they would have to add in a feature so only permadeath characters can play with each other much like in No man's sky.  Although I don't see this happening due to the nature of it being a game aimed at kids mostly but I feel this would be an interesting addition to the game. 

1Sa92e93.png

Obtained: 15/06/2020

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

Overall: 5/10

Honestly I only picked this up as a calming game for when I don't really want to think and just focus on watching a tv series to the side. This game is by no means hard at all and can easily be  completed within 15 hours. Personally wouldn't recommend this game unless you just wanted something calming to do in between games as this served that exact purpose (Other than the removing trash bug). Honestly not much more I can say about this other than it is quick and easy.

• 2 months later...

1S2fa471.png

Fairy Tail

Obtained 22/08/2020

Difficulty 2/10

Enjoyment 6/10

Overall 5/10

To start with I have been a massive Fairy Tail fan for the last 7 years. I have watched the whole anime, read the whole manga and even have a natsu costume sitting in my wardrobe. So I like to think that I have a competent understanding of the series and what to expect. I will get straight to my biggest disappointment with this game. It doesn't start from the beginning and doesn't actually take you to the end of the series. I can't seem to understand why they wouldn't do this personally considering the actually series has been over for almost 4 years now and it's not like they didn't know how it was going to end. Other than that I can get behind everything else with the game. You can level easy without too much grinding and you don't even need to get max stat to finish the game. But for someone like me I feel this is a let down in one sense. Yeah it makes the game easy but I don't mind grinding out levels or materials that sort of thing if it feels like its going to help you overcome thing. Whilst in this game you have no real incentive to get max stats. Now I did enjoy my time with the game despite a bit of trouble with the small amount of collectables in the game but other than that I can say I had a reasonable time with it.

• 1 month later...

1Sb4f022.png

Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

Obtained 10/10/2020

Difficulty 5/10

Enjoyment 8/10 Initially 1/10 now (Read Below)

Overall 8/10

Okay so there is a bit of a story to this one. Officially I don't have the platinum as of yet but unofficially I should have. So let me get to the general discussion before going a bit deeper into my actual problems with this game. As an average SAO fan I brought this on day one which was probably a poor decision on my part. For anyone wondering I played this on the original PS4 (White Edition) which in my opinion is not going to be optimised for any game that comes out currently. This game was no different. It was poorly optimised from start to finish. I thought the controls had a slight input lag (which was quickly fixed in a patch) but all in all I never found this to be a massive problem to the point the game was unplayable. The first chapter can definitely drag if your not skipping dialogue and in it for the story and I can see why this point several people off in the beginning but I was determined to move forward. As for the story as a whole I didn't see many problems with it and the difficulty was enough that you had to pay attention or you would get destroyed ( especially when not using a bow) so it was nice enough to keep my attention. Post game can be very challenging solo without the right gear or skills to get you through raids and divine beasts but theses can be done both solo and multiplayer and both are definitely possible. Now to get to the part where my enjoyment of the game drops from an 8 to a 1. Up till now the game was prone to crashing but altogether I had lost a total of 5 hours game play which to me wasn't much of a big deal. I had put in a total of 150ish hours into this game and was onto the last trophy which was to get 90% of the gallery. I had about 80% complete up to this point the only thing that was left was the Character side stories. So altogether I was about 3 hours from platinuming this game. At this point my save file gets corrupted. This meant I lost EVERYTHING from gallery to character progress and I know what you are all thinking "Why not download your save from the cloud server". I did BUT the kicker with this is I got everything back apart from the gallery entries. That's right the one thing I actually wanted to get back and its not apparently saved to your character. So this is where I had to start over from the beginning to get all the story cutscenes, bed scenes and character side stories all over again. To this date I have tried 3 different times and my save has been corrupted twice lucky I didn't get past the first chapter before this happened and now am currently back onto chapter 3 and have unlocked most of the side stories so far. So this is more an "unofficial platinum" but altogether I would of had it by now if it weren't for the save corruption so I am going to count it. 

• 1 month later...

1S0869ad.png

Digimon World: Next Order

Obtained: 25/11/2020

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

Overall: 8/10

Right so a bit of history with my relationship with this game. This was one of the first initial 3 games I brought when I got my ps4. I had played the original Digimon world when I was like 9 so safe to say I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I played this on the day I got it and honestly I got so put off it since I had no idea exactly how to progress. So I took a break from it. We fast forward about 3/4 years later and I picked this up again. I had seen people play this, did my research before hand and asked some needed to know questions that would help me to understand what I needed to do in order to progress. Once I had everything I needed I completed the story ... within a day which was a pleasant  surprise despite the voice acting I really enjoyed the story. But after that it was just a needless grind. I didn't actually mind this too much granted I needed to put the game down for a week in order to give myself a rest before picking it back up and finishing it 2 days later. Honestly glad to have this one out the way and honestly I do not regret this one bit and would recommend anyone to play this game. Just so long as you know what they systems are then you are good to go.