Best was to Level orcs

Ok i just reicher Level 40 and startend the shadow wars and i am Not saure how to level my orcs effectivley.

i read you should send them to the pits. Are regulär offline pitfights meant? My orcs die Even on maggot difficulty. 
Or should i just send them out to kill another low level orc in the area?

or online pit fights? When my orc die there he does Not in my World right?

I'm currently leveling up my army as well and i don't like this pit strat, takes some time and it's a 50/50 chance of sucess like you said. 

I just assign a low level captain to kill the highest level enemy captain on the map, lets say a level 40 ally assigned to kill a lv80 enemy, then i just join the mission and kill the level 80 enemy captain myself as fast as possible. My captain will gain easily 20+ levels, and once they are above 70, i use a training order. 

That's the best and most effective way that i found so far to level my army, can't tell for sure that this is the best method tho

To level in the pit you should use high rarity orcs for the best chance for them to survive. You can backup your save before each battle so if you loose that orc you simply  redownload your backup.

This might also help you! 

You can also recruit the orcs siegeing your forts to replace your low level ones. With the update I think there are only 7/8 sieges across 3 stages. I was able to beat act 4 with orcs between levels 40-54, and maybe 20 or so were epic/ legendary. 

If you are trying to get captain rank, I recommend 100% Blade of Galadriel after completing shadow wars - you get 2 chests of 4 legendary orcs equal to your level (I was 64 at the time) and they put me over 2500 once I put them out.

oh ok  i expected a hell long grind and kinda got unmotivated abit already but 7/8 sieges sounds like the right amount to still be fun^^ yea planned to get the dlc anyway to 100% it thanks for the tips.
yea i started to recruit the orc that attack me during the siege but often they are just that 1-2 levels above me so that i cannot get the good ones^^ and i am a bitunsure how to level myself if not with leveling my orcs anyway ^^

21 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

oh ok  i expected a hell long grind and kinda got unmotivated abit already but 7/8 sieges sounds like the right amount to still be fun^^ yea planned to get the dlc anyway to 100% it thanks for the tips.
yea i started to recruit the orc that attack me during the siege but often they are just that 1-2 levels above me so that i cannot get the good ones^^ and i am a bitunsure how to level myself if not with leveling my orcs anyway ^^

I suggest equipping a perfect white gem to the ring, this raises any orc's level by 5 unless it is greater than your current level. You can also do some online vendettas and conquests to recruit more orcs and get chests for training orders to buff your orcs.

i am using the white gem already :) oh you cann still get chests that way? i thought after they beeing removed for sale they got removed completley but ok thanks will try thatas soon as i am home tomorrow

luckyly for me the online mode works without the problems some people seem to have

• 5 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 0:27 AM, Knutcracker said:

Sell any equipment you aren't using, and use the points to level up your uruks

I did this and maxed out my uruks 

What are Uruk?

On 5/11/2020 at 10:07 AM, da-Noob123 said:

You can also recruit the orcs siegeing your forts to replace your low level ones. With the update I think there are only 7/8 sieges across 3 stages. I was able to beat act 4 with orcs between levels 40-54, and maybe 20 or so were epic/ legendary. 

If you are trying to get captain rank, I recommend 100% Blade of Galadriel after completing shadow wars - you get 2 chests of 4 legendary orcs equal to your level (I was 64 at the time) and they put me over 2500 once I put them out.

When that big idiotic ord betrays you, I dominated 3 orc and told the, to retreat. No notification of the, dying, and they were not in my army?

11 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

What are Uruk?

When that big idiotic ord betrays you, I dominated 3 orc and told the, to retreat. No notification of the, dying, and they were not in my army?

The Uruk-hai comes from Tolkien, as I recall they were the stronger orcs Saruman commanded. I don't believe the game has any but uruk can be used instead of orc I guess.

I  presume you mean Bruz. His storyline is to teach you about making orcs deranged and he takes some captains with him. The sieges I am referring to are in the endgame and those orcs will be much stronger than any Bruz took.

5 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

in the area of the second shadow war, fight pits top out my orca at level 41 . Now how do I lvl? Must I sit there and fast forward time while they take an eternity to do missions that in turn take forever to spaw?

You can still take a shot at using fight pits. I had a lot of moments where my lvl40 orc wrecked a lvl 50-60 one for example. 

Letting them fight against higher level ones gives them a massive level boost aswell.

If you don't really care about specific orcs you could also kill most of them on the map and wait a bit until new spawn which should be at your level/higher.

Edit: remember that you can just quit out of the game when you feel like your orc is losing a pit fight.

Edited by xDerErnst

2 hours ago, xDerErnst said:

You can still take a shot at using fight pits. I had a lot of moments where my lvl40 orc wrecked a lvl 50-60 one for example. 

Letting them fight against higher level ones gives them a massive level boost aswell.

If you don't really care about specific orcs you could also kill most of them on the map and wait a bit until new spawn which should be at your level/higher.

Edit: remember that you can just quit out of the game when you feel like your orc is losing a pit fight.

im in the N agrea, the little island looking thing. it seems the fight pits on easy have 15, medium 25, and champion top at 35. i fought a few after hitting lvl 41 and my orcs won't level after beating them. thats why i can't throw them against higher levels. the shadow war in that region also has like lvl 39-41 and a 47 leader. 

i will give killing everything and progressing time a try. its so boring i just turned the game off and am having major motivation issues with it. lmao 

5 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

im in the N agrea, the little island looking thing. it seems the fight pits on easy have 15, medium 25, and champion top at 35. i fought a few after hitting lvl 41 and my orcs won't level after beating them. thats why i can't throw them against higher levels. the shadow war in that region also has like lvl 39-41 and a 47 leader. 

i will give killing everything and progressing time a try. its so boring i just turned the game off and am having major motivation issues with it. lmao 

They wont level past you, you can use the Champion and online fights to level, but really the fights are not a reliable way as soon Orc builds just do real bad in fights. 

Enemies scale to your level and they will always be quite high during Sieges. 

What you can do is get a Uber Legendary Warchief and make EVERY1 his bodyguard, that way you can have like 15 or so Captains all at the same spot fighting!! 

Also Shadow Pull is good as you can go somewhere high up, pull the Warchiefs to you and just kill them 1 v 1, much easier, doesnt work on Ologs or Arrow Proofs though

Back to levelling, its quicker just to go round recruiting new Captains than to bother the grind of levelling 1 at a time. 

Berserker types btw, your wanna keep them for pit fights as they are really good. 

I only level legendaries and recurit again for the rest. Legendaries are good mive using the Garrison then you can have multiple legendaries on each fort!! 

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

They wont level past you, you can use the Champion and online fights to level, but really the fights are not a reliable way as soon Orc builds just do real bad in fights. 

Enemies scale to your level and they will always be quite high during Sieges. 

What you can do is get a Uber Legendary Warchief and make EVERY1 his bodyguard, that way you can have like 15 or so Captains all at the same spot fighting!! 

Also Shadow Pull is good as you can go somewhere high up, pull the Warchiefs to you and just kill them 1 v 1, much easier, doesnt work on Ologs or Arrow Proofs though

Back to levelling, its quicker just to go round recruiting new Captains than to bother the grind of levelling 1 at a time. 

Berserker types btw, your wanna keep them for pit fights as they are really good. 

I only level legendaries and recurit again for the rest. Legendaries are good mive using the Garrison then you can have multiple legendaries on each fort!! 

Great tips! Idk how to use the garrison. I dom and recruited all the war chiefs I could in the first shadow war defense and they weren’t in the garrison or anywhere on the army page. Then one betrayed me because I didn’t promote him. Makes no sense.

7 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Great tips! Idk how to use the garrison. I dom and recruited all the war chiefs I could in the first shadow war defense and they weren’t in the garrison or anywhere on the army page. Then one betrayed me because I didn’t promote him. Makes no sense.

Garrison has orcs from the first dlc and online conquests that you brand.

20 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

You have to use 1000 miria to put one in the Garrison so guess it could get expensive, but since its only Legendaries and if you do it per each fort during shadow wars, you wouldnt need to much

I guess using the Garrison for reasons above could be quite subjective, but 1 thing you DO WANT TO USE it for is your BEST pit fighter

As we know Orcs are RNG, so if you get a real good berserker, like enraged by all, immune to all etc, you would want to use that SAME one for ALL pits one ach region

And once you get that great pit fighter, you can use him to farm training orders quick by just lobbing him in online pit fights

Once you get 5 wins in a row, each win after without loss gives you a champion box meaning 5 x TRAINING ORDERS

So dont really need to farm mirian, just get a good put fighter and farm champion boxes. My Berserker enraged by all, got to to 5 x wins in a row which put him at legendary, then each time i lob him in a pit, he wins always so easy 1 fight = 5 training orders xD

Give 1 Warchief a go with max bodyguards, see if that works better, and you sit high up, pull the warchiefa to you and 1v1 them!!