Gold Medal Time Requirements

I’ve heard very conflicting information as to the impact of cutscenes on the mission timers. The guide on this website claims that skipping cutscenes is necessary for most of these missions, but others say that the mission timer is paused during skippable cutscenes and will even go as far as to say that skipping cutscenes can be detrimental to time requirements. So which one is it? Has anyone found empirical evidence that proves one case or the other or is it a matter of trial-and-error?

I'm afraid that question has no right answer, i'm going through those as well and I've found that skipping the cutscenes makes it harder, i was trying to get a gold on "Home improvement for Beginners", which every guide says it's the easiest gold medal, but i could not get it after several tries, then i just let all cutscenes play out and got it first try. 

But on other missions, skipping the cutscene definitely helps. There's a mission in Chapter 6 where Arthur has to rescue a set of horses from a sinking boat and lead them to shore in 1 minute and 30 seconds. If you skip the cutscene that shows the boat crashing, you'll start in the water with the horses literally right in front of you. 

So, i guess you'll have to try out and see what works best for you, if you skip the cutscenes and still failed the complete in x condition, try watching the cutscenes and see if it changes something.

Watching a youtube video for gold medals also helps, so you can see what's the ''best'' strat for each timed objective

• Like 1

Basically some  cutscenes will cancel your gold if you skip them. Especially during short missions in the last chapters (home is one of them).

i skipped all during first 2 chapters and got everything gold. But after the infamous bridge mission i started to realize that you should not skip everything all the time. If you watch a video guide on youtube, just read the comment section to know what you have to do.