Less hard games nowadays and platinums you gave up on for being too hard?

MiloFPS

Roughly 8 years ago I gave up on Marvel vs Capcom 3 because of the missions trophy. However, i came back to it and found that over the years i had built enough dexterity in my fingers to complete all these insane combos ?

Same thing with Blazblue CentralFiction. About 2 years ago now i gave up on the combos trophy. Returned a year later to find I could do it taking it one step at a time and carefully timing and mastering these combos

• Like 1

I've got a few of the rockband / guitar hero games on my list where I know I'm not good enough........ but if I put in the same amount of effort that I've put into Max Payne 3 and the late Track Mania then I dunno. 

Guess it depends on the trophy list,  which could make the easiest game hard.  

• 3 weeks later...

Grand Theft Auto V - I found the online very boring back when I was playing it, plus it's technically impossible to get the PS3 version finished without relying on a hacker to get Run Like the Wind for you, unless you obtained it beforehand. So it'll definitely forever be unfinished. Speaking of which, probably unlikely I'll completely finish the PS4 version. The Mastermind trophy is enough to deter me away from even trying.

I have a few games unfinished but I plan to come back to some of them. Namely Batman: Arkham City with it's ridiculous DLC challenges.

I read some comments here and I'm confused. Are you talking about the difficulty of the games or trophies?

Like the first example given, Max Payne 3 is not an hard game, but it has an hard platinum because it challenges you to complete the game in one setting without dying or under a time limit. Retro gaming never had those extra challenges unless you wanted to witness something for breef moments (like completing a Metroid game under X hours in order to reveal Samus is a woman). Also, some games had specific hard or confusing levels because people used to rent games, obliging them to buy the game and invest more time with it - like the second level of Disney's Lion King. Or even to buy an official magazine with a specific cheat code to "complete the level".

Some games on PS1 had the same thing, recommending, in every manual back cover, to buy a memory card to save more often. I mean, obviously the Memory Card was meant to save your progress... But games like Tomb Raider III that gives you gems to create your personal save points before attempting a jump or a series of traps, in the First level; or even the infamous Driver first tutorial mission... But after completing the first level of both games, the rest of the game is a breeze to complete :o I guess that any game that ridiculously asks you to complete it without any deaths and/or no mistakes, without exploiting saves, for a trophy is instantly an hard platinum, no matter what game it is.

Edited by TurtlePM

When I saw the title and comments, Super Street Fighter IV came to my mind. It has really hardest trophies I've ever seen. ( esp. trials ) 

Time consuming ? ✍️

Grind ? ✍️

Difficulty Specific ? ✍️

Online ? ✍️

Limited Time ? ✍️

Unmissable ? ✍️

Ability ? ?

I can handle with first 6 but I don't have the last one. I accept defeat.

Guitar Hero - Warriors of Rock.

Beat Black Widow of La Porte as a solo Exper Guitarist.

I was doing really well in this game. I saw this trophy and watched some videos.

I'm never an easy quitter, but some things are impossible for some people. And that was impossible for me.

https://youtu.be/keW_yskjRFU

Edited by seyhano
  • Like 1

Yea, I love me some easy platinums...not My Name is Mayo easy, I mean Spider Man easy. You get the feeling that you accomplished everything the game had to offer and can safely move on to another, instead of being locked doing some bullshit challenge where you probably check a YouTube video.

PS4 exclusives trend of just play the game, do all side quests and get all collectibles platinum? Sign me up.

I'd be lying if I said a platinum have never stopped me from buying a game, and it's solely because of Super Meat Boy. Part of me is curious about the game, but boy am I bad at platformers...I even dropped Hollow Knight and it's boss rush trophy, its beyond impossible to me.

Edited by kaltezhan
  • Like 2

I'm doing what I call "My PS3 platinum project", getting all plats that are in the trophies>platinum>ps3>order PSNrarity, one by one, for PS3 (excluding online trophies due to servers closure mostly) cause is my fav gen and I know It can still offer me A LOT of fun. (This account is just for PS3)

That said I'm currently with graphic novels, easy peasy, but like @kaltezhansaid, I like easy plats, like spider man easy. A bunch of trophies story-related, and some side-quests and miscellanious.

I didn't got and I never going to get GTA lV plat, I give up, same with Red Dead R. cause I start late in this hunting journey (3-4 months ago) and seems imposibble, too much boost, and ppl don't always cooperate. BUT

I'm losing my hair with SOUND SHAPES, jesus christ, idk how ppl can have that f*** platinum even 4+ times. Currently 3 letal mode left. But I'll die due stress

Puppeter04.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Puppeter04 said:

I'm doing what I call "My PS3 platinum project", getting all plats that are in the trophies>platinum>ps3>order PSNrarity, one by one, for PS3 (excluding online trophies due to servers closure mostly) cause is my fav gen and I know It can still offer me A LOT of fun. (This account is just for PS3)

That said I'm currently with graphic novels, easy peasy, but like @kaltezhansaid, I like easy plats, like spider man easy. A bunch of trophies story-related, and some side-quests and miscellanious.

I didn't got and I never going to get GTA lV plat, I give up, same with Red Dead R. cause I start late in this hunting journey (3-4 months ago) and seems imposibble, too much boost, and ppl don't always cooperate. BUT

I'm losing my hair with SOUND SHAPES, jesus christ, idk how ppl can have that f*** platinum even 4+ times. Currently 3 letal mode left. But I'll die due stress

Puppeter04.png

LOL, sound shapes have some luck based trophies, I platted it 2 times but it was really annoying and not easy. I've had the same thing. 

Rarity percentages of this game make you feel like it's an easy game, but it's not for me.

Good luck and be patient. 

Edited by seyhano

55 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Remove all the RatalaikaGames, which why mostly think its easier. Ps4 has actually harder platinums and 100%

Obviously ps4 has a much larger library 

PS3 had a lot more online boosting, which is why a good chunk of it's library have platinums ranging from rare to ultra rare. Not necessarily difficult, but a lot of required boosting, especially for Battlefield: Bad Company 1, Resistance 2, and Far Cry 2.

PS4 on the other hand, has mostly difficult platinums when you look at indies. Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Meat Boy, Trials Fusion (which obviously you know), VVVVVV, Spelunky, and a whole host of others. Most don't require needless online, but they all require a modicum of skill and lots of commitment. Necrodancer is still perhaps the hardest platinum you can get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

PS4 on the other hand, has mostly difficult platinums when you look at indies. Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Meat Boy, Trials Fusion (which obviously you know), VVVVVV, Spelunky, and a whole host of others. Most don't require needless online, but they all require a modicum of skill and lots of commitment. Necrodancer is still perhaps the hardest platinum you can get.

Yeah I agree that you'll find a very large chunk of the URs on PS4 from indies